What's new

Pakistan successfully test-fired ballistic missile Ghauri Hataf-V

sometimes i think Pakitan should devise its own navigation system.....GPS is nothing more than triangulation based on accurate timings and a knowledge of exact position of transmitting satellites in the celestial sphere.
The satellite transmits a signal at certain known frequency along with the exact time of the transmission of that signal,and satellite's own position at the time of signal transmission..The receiver calculated the time difference between the transmission and reception of the signal...and calculates its distance from the satellite...The receiver has to receive three or more satellites simultaneously to be accurate...Once the receiver calculated its distance from three satellites,and the position of satellites is exactly known...The receiver can calculate its position on earth,based on this information.

HowStuffWorks "2-D Trilateration"

The Americans had to launch 27 satellites to make sure at any given time anywhere on the earth at lest three satellites will always be above horizon....A ground earth station at an air force base in USA tracks all the satellites accurately...using laser range finding and a complex software corrects for atmospheric deterioration of laser and also for accurate timings an atomic clock is used which transmits time to the satelites...Th lasr range finding and some other classified systems calculate exact position of satellites on the sky and transmits that info to individual satellites.
Pakistan does not need a global coverage,and so a limited system can be devised.......

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes i think Pakitan should devise its own navigation system.....GPS is nothing more than triangulation based on accurate timings and a knowledge of exact position of transmitting satellites in the celestial sphere.
The satellite transmits a signal at certain known frequency along with the exact time of the transmission of that signal,and satellite's own position at the time of signal transmission..The receiver calculated the time difference between the transmission and reception of the signal...and calculates its distance from the satellite...The receiver has to receive three or more satellites simultaneously to be accurate...Once the receiver calculated its distance from three satellites,and the position of satellites is exactly known...The receiver can calculate its position on earth,based on this information.

It is not that easy mate as you say. If you have to purchase a small freakin cesium clock from switzerland (i.e., the only vendor for special clocks), I can tell you that at such instances end user statements are required to be provioded (example only):

Statement of End-Use (ES) for dual-use goods

1. Name of Clock contractor:
  2. Description of the goods:
  3. Quantity:
  4. The goods will only be used for:
  5. Value in Swiss francs (corresponding to the export application):
  6. Country of destination:
  7. Full name and complete address (incl. phone and fax number) of the end-user and the end-use location of the goods:
  8. The End-User of the goods is or stands in any relation to a military entity: Yes/ No
  9. I (we) certify,
- that the goods will be used only for the purpose stated and not be used in any nuclear explosive activity or unsafeguarded nuclear fuel-cycle activity or for the design, development, production or use of chemical and biological weapons or their delivery systems and for facilities engaged in such activities;
- that I (we) will not transfer the equipment, material, or related technology to a third country with-out the consent of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO. However, no consent is necessary for the reexport to the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, United States of America.

Place and date:
Name and title of signer in block letters
Original signature of the End-user or Government official)

Company stamp or official seal:

So beware that Pakistan has not yet been allowed to use dual-use goods, but India is (after the visit of Barak Obama). Might we have the capability to operate and manufacture the satellites, GPS and other navigation system but still we dont have access to basic gadgets to built such applications. No country in the world is even ready to offer Pakistan civil nuclear technology and you talk about such wish.

:coffee:

There are so many things including nuclear technology which are doing just this and that but very few countries own those due to economic and political reasons. As per my knowledge Pakistani missiles do possess GPS navigation but they resort to other guidance means due to obvious political /trust reasons. The good thing is, Chinese system is coming up and then we shall have economic and political viability so keep fingers crossed.

China planning its own full Earth GPS system by 2015 | TG Daily

Chinese GPS moves closer
:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

There are so many things including nuclear technology which are doing just this and that but very few countries own those due to economic and political reasons. As per my knowledge Pakistani missiles do possess GPS navigation but they resort to other guidance means due to obvious political /trust reasons. The good thing is, Chinese system is coming up and then we shall have economic and political viability so keep fingers crossed.

China planning its own full Earth GPS system by 2015 | TG Daily

Chinese GPS moves closer
:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

It is living in fool's paradise if we consider Chinese GPS as reliable from political point of view. It would have been nice to hear if you could say that Pakistan must get the technology from China or any other country to build it by itself. this parasitic attitude is the biggest dilema of our country.

It is living in fool's paradise if we consider Chinese GPS as reliable from political point of view. It would have been nice to hear if you could say that Pakistan must get the technology from China or any other country to build it by itself. this parasitic attitude is the biggest dilema of our country.

There is nothing like having a thing of ourselves, its great to be patriot but one must be realistic too. Do you know Pakistan's capability in satellites and when and at what stage China started to think about having own GPS system. Why UK, France, Germany and many more don't have their own GPS systems. What parasitic attitude you are talking about, its the interests amongst nations those matter no one wants to be parasite nor any one likes to carry any parasites.

i dont agree, why would pakistan be so impatient to show its aggression.
Pakistan is only replying to our missile launches. :bounce:

What Indian Missile lanuches ?

ALl of them went into the ground where as Pakistan went to the Sky.
So it begs the question How does Pakistan replys to your so called Lauches when yours have failed !

There is nothing like having a thing of ourselves, its great to be patriot but one must be realistic too. Do you know Pakistan's capability in satellites and when and at what stage China started to think about having own GPS system. Why UK, France, Germany and many more don't have their own GPS systems. What parasitic attitude you are talking about, its the interests amongst nations those matter no one wants to be parasite nor any one likes to carry any parasites.

I was just trying the make the point why doesn't pakistan seek TECHNOLOGY instead of the end product.. read again!

It is not that easy mate as you say. If you have to purchase a small freakin cesium clock from switzerland (i.e., the only vendor for special clocks), I can tell you that at such instances end user statements are required to be provioded (example only):

Statement of End-Use (ES) for dual-use goods

1. Name of Clock contractor:
  2. Description of the goods:
  3. Quantity:
  4. The goods will only be used for:
  5. Value in Swiss francs (corresponding to the export application):
  6. Country of destination:
  7. Full name and complete address (incl. phone and fax number) of the end-user and the end-use location of the goods:
  8. The End-User of the goods is or stands in any relation to a military entity: Yes/ No
  9. I (we) certify,
- that the goods will be used only for the purpose stated and not be used in any nuclear explosive activity or unsafeguarded nuclear fuel-cycle activity or for the design, development, production or use of chemical and biological weapons or their delivery systems and for facilities engaged in such activities;
- that I (we) will not transfer the equipment, material, or related technology to a third country with-out the consent of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO. However, no consent is necessary for the reexport to the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, United States of America.

Place and date:
Name and title of signer in block letters
Original signature of the End-user or Government official)

Company stamp or official seal:

So beware that Pakistan has not yet been allowed to use dual-use goods, but India is (after the visit of Barak Obama). Might we have the capability to operate and manufacture the satellites, GPS and other navigation system but still we dont have access to basic gadgets to built such applications. No country in the world is even ready to offer Pakistan civil nuclear technology and you talk about such wish.

:coffee:

As far as i know...Pakistan already has atomic clock...I said we must improvise a navigation system of our own..I have some ideas,i might post them in another thread.

Pakistan will not need to buy anything if they really want to devise a navigation system of their own,just covering Pakistan and a few neighboring countries....

Google..Loran-c,Decca and Omega..These navigation systems were used in World wars and were pretty accurate,and didn't use any satellites...Pakistan can devise similar systems.

Back
Top Bottom