What's new

Pakistan successfully test-fired ballistic missile Ghauri Hataf-V

Priorities, my friend. Pakistan's focus is always "go slow, but do it right". India's been "just put it together we'll work out the bugs later". It's a difference in the engineering approach.

Slow and steady wins the race.

lets see ....all the best

Priorities, my friend. Pakistan's focus is always "go slow, but do it right". India's been "just put it together we'll work out the bugs later". It's a difference in the engineering approach.

Slow and steady wins the race.

let's debate on who is more slower?? india or pakistan? lol

Definitely, its a matter of priority. Space program has never been in a priority in Pakistan. Neither government nor the military establishment recognizes the importance of space program.
Lack of vision, scarcity of resources are the two main reasons which are holding us back in the space field. even the the satellites which are scheduled to be launched in the first quarter of next year mostly have chinese systems/equipments.

The china is even financing this SUPARCO satellite project. Chinese are proving the credit for this project.

I have some points regarding the launch of Ghauri Hataf-V.

1. This launch completely negates the Musharaf nefarious claims regarding the failure of Ghauri I and II in a recent interview.

2. The missile launched was a routine launch by army strategic missile division, meant to to check the preparedness and training of personnel. This means that the Ghauri Missile system is fully operational and being used by the army strategic missile force for country's defence.

3. It also means that along with the solid fuel missile program (like shaheen , Ghaznavi etc) Liquid fuel missile program is still '"ON" and opeational.

4. This missile launch also negates the rumors regarding scraping of liquid fueled missile program.

In the end, i have a question.
Pakistan do not own or operate any military or communication satellite, what satellite are used by the our Missile guidance system.

1. This launch completely negates the Musharaf nefarious claims regarding the failure of Ghauri I and II in a recent interview.

2. The missile launched was a routine launch by army strategic missile division, meant to to check the preparedness and training of personnel. This means that the Ghauri Missile system is fully operational and being used by the army strategic missile force for country's defence.

3. It also means that along with the solid fuel missile program (like shaheen , Ghaznavi etc) Liquid fuel missile program is still '"ON" and opeational.

4. This missile launch also negates the rumors regarding scraping of liquid fueled missile program.

Pakistan do not own or operate any military or communication satellite, what satellite are used by the our Missile guidance system.

who told u that we don't have satellites

Badr-1.jpg
BADAR pakistan first communication satellite launched in 1990

We also have PAKSAT-1 (up to 2012)and PAKSAT-1r(will be launched in 2011 and replace PAKSAT-1)

here is the link read and enlighten your self
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_and_Upper_Atmosphere_Research_Commission

Last edited:

all of the Pakistan's Ballistic and Cruise missiles use Inertial Navigation system(gyroscopes,BUS controllers,etc) and American GPS.

Last edited:
all of the Pakistan's Ballistic and Cruise missiles use Inertial Navigation system(gyroscopes,BUS controllers,etc) and American GPS.

How about chinese compass system? I heard that American GPS is not that reliable from stretegic point of view and Pakistan cannot rely on it. Of course we cannot end up in black out at the scenario of interest clash between states and Pak.

Dear Pakistan don't have any satellite, Forget about the Badar 1, it was nothing but a demonstration satellite in early 90's that detracted from its path ater few months.

PAKSAT-1 is not a Pakistani satellite, Pakistan uses it only. It was leased to Pakistan for usage during Musharaf period.

We also have PAKSAT-1 (up to 2012)and PAKSAT-1r(will be launched in 2011 and replace PAKSAT-1)

Yah thats true.

American GPS, Its alarming if its true. It means if Pakistan launches any missile during a war on india. Through their satellites, Uncle Sam will be the first one to know about any such attack and the coordinates of the attack location.

Can any body please elaborate and throw light on this.

American GPS, Its alarming if its true. It means if Pakistan launches any missile during a war on india. Through their satellites, Uncle Sam will be the first one to know about any such attack and the coordinates of the attack location.

Can any body please elaborate and throw light on this.

well GPS is controlled by Schriever Air Force Base in USA..They are the ones who track GPS satellites and input the coordinates for positioning purposes..They can induce errors or switch off the system if they want....

The signal we receive and prbably same goes for Pakistan's missile system is the civilian non scrambled code which is prone to Jamming and cannot be used for any fast flying craft,beit supersonic plane or Missile..The Z axis has permanent error,which prevents the GPS receiver from calculating accurate Altitude info in real time..Plus the signal has a delay of about 1 second which is too much when you are going Hyper or super sonic,so no good for missiles...

I remeber during Gulf war GPS signal was intermittent and had too much error...Obviously induced.

The scrambled code is only decoded by US military and their partners..That GPS signal gives real \time position,not after 1 second delay,and is harder to Jam..Although the new improved bersion of this Military GPS signal is fairly new and the Decoding key is classified..After some time even that will be vulnerable to jamming and Spoofing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unlike cruise missiles...Ballistic missiles dont need pin point accuracy..Specially Nuclear war heads are to hit large targets...so any guidance system will do,dont need GPS..today's ring laser gyroscope based Inertial nav systems are good enough for a ballistic missile..Any GPS receiver in such missiles is only secondary and to cross referrence the position calculated by INS.
Cruise missiles are different..they do need pin point accuracy..but at the same time they are not as fast as a Ballistic missile,and can make corrections by cross refferencing with the land marks and terrain recognition...and to identify target a good latest photograph by intelligence sources will be enough..Not too much need of GPS..so there you go.

Badr-1.jpg

here is the link read and enlighten your self
Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Badar: was just an experimental satellite,which wasnt really a communication satellite..SUPARCO only wanted to check their ability of transmitting and receiving signals from an space based object..Needless to say that it was a low earth orbit satellite which are prone to encountering pockets of atmospheric gassea and the friction caused offsets their orbital stability,hence the satellite went off course..But it wasnt a long term\project and the satelite was of no practical use after SUPARCO had done their tests..

Pakistan does not uses GPS system in its missiles, be it ballistic ones or cruise missiles. There is the option, but its not being availed, due to some very basic reason, and that is secrecy of the assets.

We use the INS system, plus also the GIS both the ballistic and cruise missiles.

Here, read this article by a pakistani group of GIS related persons.

GIS Based Missile Targeting System

GPS is unreliable and even if Chinese COMPASS system is made available, we may use it not that much in our missiles and make perfecting this INS & GIS system to give more accuracy.

As someone mentioned a video of Shaheen missile warhead hitting close to the red flag target in an old video of Shaheen launch, it can show how good our ballistic missile targeting is by not employing GPS system.

Back
Top Bottom