What's new

Pakistan should open the gates for Syrian refugees.

Then you should also stop bleeding your hearts for Palestinians / Kashmiris in the name of Ummah

I don't want to talking about Palestine, but Kashmir is a disputed territory and has nothing to do with ummah or whatever you want to paint it with. Take you typical indian rants somewhere else.

Your points are valid but can we be so selfish ?
Yar toddlers are being killed like chickens.
How about a few thousand refugees ?
We won't take millions of them like Afghans.

I understand your pain for them and I understand the horrors that have engulfed those countries but we just can't afford it.. Its not selfish its our survival... Even a few thousand will burden our economy... Due to burden on our economy we are quickly thinking about removing Afghans and the burden of a few thousands will be a lot and once the gates open many will try to enter pakistan through other means...

Right now our economy is crippled and we need to focus all our resources on reviving pakistan economy, building a better infrastructure for our children, building a better future for them.....

The rich Arab countries should take their responsibility but they won't..... Bcz they know that refugees will bleed them.

I cannot condemn my country to more pain for others.. We have suffered to much.

Believe it or not but Pakistan has slowly evolved.. Pakistan foreign policy is now centering to the self and I am sure we won't be taking anymore refugees for a very long time.

Being a father of a son who is aged same as the kid who was washed ashore, my heart melted after watching those horrible pics. But do you really think Pakistan can do anything about this Syrian refugee crisis practically? We are far far away from them, already bearing burden of millions of Aghan refugees for over 3 decades who still aren't willing to go back to their land, are in a deep economic mess and what not?

This isn't about humanity or ummah, its about survival of our own. We are into an effing war goddamned. Our own kids are being slaughtered and here we are bragging about giving refuge to others.
I don't how a few thousand refugees will threat our existence and we will cease to exist.

I understand your pain for them and I understand the horrors that have engulfed those countries but we just can't afford it.. Its not selfish its our survival... Even a few thousand will burden our economy... Due to burden on our economy we are quickly thinking about removing Afghans and the burden of a few thousands will be a lot and once the gates open many will try to enter pakistan through other means...

Right now our economy is crippled and we need to focus all our resources on reviving pakistan economy, building a better infrastructure for our children, building a better future for them.....

The rich Arab countries should take their responsibility but they won't..... Bcz they know that refugees will bleed them.

I cannot condemn my country to more pain for others.. We have suffered to much.

Believe it or not but Pakistan has slowly evolved.. Pakistan foreign policy is now centering to the self and I am sure we won't be taking anymore refugees for a very long time.
*sigh*

I don't how a few thousand refugees will threat our existence and we will cease to exist.

Syrians refugees are mostly Shais, last I checked our own Hazara Shais were being slaughtered in mass. Do you really want a new mess being created in our own country with our own hands? Sorry to pop your bubble, but Pakistan is in no position to experiment such things at this point of time.

Good to see human beings like you..
Yep that's my point.
What bad are a few thousand innocent refugees as compared to the 6 million Afghans ?
empathy and sympathy should always be paramount. However, in current situation in Pakistan has to first analyse if it capable of supporting such large number of refugees. With already sinking economy and growing loans, joblessness within and security concern, neither it should be Pakistan's priority to accommodate any further refugees nor will it be feaseable for these immigrants to come here.

Furthermore, Most of the people move the closest safe place for refuge, later they decide to move farther away. Like in the case of Afghani's coming to Pakistan. The way these refugees were handled and allowed total ingress within the cities and economy is one of the factors Pakistan's current security situation. When such mass movement of people take place, situation is very conducive for the enemy to infiltrate sleeper cells, spies and terrorists for any future use. Therefore, Pakistan should not even consider this option.

Good to see human beings like you..
Yep that's my point.
What bad are a few thousand innocent refugees as compared to the 6 million Afghans ?

Thanks for the compliment, appreciated. If we could get around a million signatures, that will make our Government to think of the Syrian Refugees. But how can we do it? Any ideas? I am not good with social network so I will definitely need a help in here.

first afghans Bengali Burmese and now Syrian it will be double **** to Pakistan

55821080.jpg

Syrians refugees are mostly Shais, last I checked our own Hazara Shais were being slaughtered in mass. Do you really want a new mess being created in our own country with our own hands? Sorry to pop your bubble, but Pakistan is in no position to experiment such things at this point of time.

Another misconception, the majority of Syrians are Sunni not Shia.

Come on dude, who said the mostly Syrian People are Shias, and even if they are, we will welcome them. Don't you think that if mostly were Shias, Iran would have welcomed them in the first place. Their Government is indeed you can call them Shias, they are Alavis, and they completely different than Shias.
The debate in here is not that we cannot protect them, the debate is that they can save their lives here in Pakistan. And for your kind information Baluchistan is far much in peace than it was a year ago. You should visit once day and try to find out yourself.

Leaving emotions aside,that child's family was not fleeing war torn Syria but was fleeing the safe country of Turkey . You think that they want to come to Pakistan ? These are economic migrants.

During their exodus to Germany the refugees go through many countries which are far better than Pakistan but they only want to live in the prosperous, peaceful and beautiful western Europe. They wont come to Pakistan even if they are offered an Emirates First-class international ticket. Pakistani passport is not worth all this trouble.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom