What's new

Pakistan set to dispatch 159 containers of ammunition to Ukraine

#FakeNewj

I don`t trust an Indian newspaper making claims about Pakistan.

This propaganda article is written to damage the relations between Russia and Pakistan.
What Pakistan gains even if Pak-Russia relations are good?

explain please.

by Good relations you mean being party in conflict?
No Sir.
Pakistan needs to stay out of this trouble. It`s not our war. We have had experience of War on Terror. We have paid the price and continue to pay.

It`s war between NATO and Russia. We shouldn`t become party to it by supplying weapons or supporting any of the sides because it`s going to have repercussions for us.

If we invite the ire of Russia by supplying ammo to Ukraine, Russia could arm terrorists in Afghanistan and send them our way; or strike deals with India and engage us further in arms race. They have already hired the services of Afghan commandos who were trained and left by US. Now they are serving in the said war from Russian side.

On the other hand, if we support Russia, US could do anything she wants: impose sanctions, label us a rogue state supporting violence, ask IMF to double down on us and increase inflation and perhaps employ many indirect strategies- political, economic and even stir up an uprising.

Therefore, in my humble opinion, we need to focus on our internal security instead of inviting more trouble.

Some Pakistani I think is worried on Russia possible retaliation and make it difficult for Pakistan to get spare part of their JF-17 engine

JF 17 is rather very important asset for both Pakistan Air Force and Pakistan Aerospace Industry.

Does this ammunition selling is worth possible Pakistan grounded whole of their JF 17 and stop their future production of JF17 ?

Being neutral should be chosen by Pakistan. Dont send any weapons to both side
Not really.unlike Ukraine (who has supplied huge amount of weapons to Pakistan) Pakistan has almost never gotten any significant weapon directly from Russia. Even the JF-17 engines Pakistan got is from China not Russia directly(apart from Mi-35 attack helicopters whoch they got just recently if i remember correctly). So bith countries dont have much relations together(due to Russias strong ties with India) . Even for JF-17 engines, if it wasn't for China, i dont think Russia would have gone through and sign a deal directly with Pakistan to provide engines for their fighters due to India's objections on such for such a critical role it will play for Pakistan military capabilities.
So Pakistan selling some weapons to Ukraine wouldn't change Russia's relations with Pakistan one bit, neither will it change India-Russia already strong ties. So i dont see the issue here. As i said before Pakistan has been inconsequential for Russia, and at best they don't have much ties and at worse they have even been enmity between both sides and conflict of interests in Afghanistan with Russia aligning closer with India and Iran in their support for northern alliance and against Pakistan friendly Taliban/other islamists factions, or with Russia's strong backing of Pakistan's staunch enemy India.
So Pakistan actions doesnt change anything whatsoever, if anything at least it benefits them abit by gaining some extra revenue and advertisement for their weapon industry. So i dont understand why they wouldnt sell arms in this case. Its not like they are openly takibg sides or have to condemn Russia invasion publicly. They haven't done any of that, and are merely sticking to a business deal . So i dont understand why some are so against it.

Last edited:
Even the Russian war reporting and analysis channel Rybar has refuted this marking it as indian propaganda and here we are fighting eachother

Even the Russian war reporting and analysis channel Rybar has refuted this marking it as indian propaganda and here we are fighting eachother

It's not propaganda, it's true

It's just that it doesn't matter, we are just selling to a customer

If Imran Khan was in power,Pakistan would be getting cheaper oil,gas and grain right now. But by all means PML-N,send ammo to feed the generals' bellies.

You could've gotten cheap oil given the current financial turmoil. Ukrainians have diplomatic and economic relations with us too. And we have good relations with Russia too.
My point being does this benefit Pakistan in any way apart from irking Russia. This transfer is due to western pressure most probably.
I don't think Russia is in a strong position to alienate Pakistan or anyone else. The Turks still send weapons to Ukraine and Moscow still has good relations with Ankara. Japan joined sanctions and still imports gas from the Sakhalin project in Russia.
I think Europe still imports energy from Russia.

#FakeNewj

I don`t trust an Indian newspaper making claims about Pakistan.

This propaganda article is written to damage the relations between Russia and Pakistan.
Russia sells weapons to India. And Pakistan does sell weapons to Ukraine.
Just business it seems.

Right! and when someone tries to get something, regime change happens. Let's not pass such generalized statements when most of the blame lies upon us.
Yes, always blame ourselves as if the Russians have gone above and beyond to help Pakistan.

At every single turn, Russians have rebuffed Pakistan. Beyond setting up the Pakistan Steel Mills in the 70s in Karachi and selling 3 Mi-8 Helicopters to Pakistan, Russia has not budged an inch in their support for India nor have they ever supported Pakistan in any meaningful way.

Your constant claims of "regime change" don't change the fact that IK was not going to spring any surprises for Pakistan with Russia.

So this new-found love for Russia needs to be put in the bucket that it deserves, which is "inconsequential" for Pakistan. China, US, EU, Turkey are far more important for Pakistan and they remain our focus.

Also, before all the credit is taken up by PTI for this "outreach to Russia", this has been tried multiple times since the end of Soviet-Afghan war including in NS and BB's tenures. Each time, Russians told Pakistan "you are not important enough for us". So who are we kidding with this sudden, new-found love for Russia just because IK wanted to flip the birdie towards the Americans to please his domestic base? Khan sahib was suggesting we derail our two largest trade partners EU/US to please the Russians on the eve of Russian invasion of Ukraine. I cannot fault IK for the timing of his visit, but the overall disconnect with our largest trading partners in his tenure was a major reason for the reset.

Last edited:
Yes, always blame ourselves as if the Russians have gone above and beyond to help Pakistan.

At every single turn, Russians have rebuffed Pakistan. Beyond setting up the Pakistan Steel Mills in the 70s in Karachi and selling 3 Mi-8 Helicopters to Pakistan, Russia has not budged an inch in their support for India nor have they ever supported Pakistan in any meaningful way.

Your constant claims of "regime change" don't change the fact that IK was not going to spring any surprises for Pakistan with Russia.

So this new-found love for Russia needs to be put in the bucket that it deserves, which is "inconsequential" for Pakistan. China, US, EU, Turkey are far more important for Pakistan and they remain our focus.

Also, before all the credit is taken up by PTI for this "outreach to Russia", this has been tried multiple times since the end of Soviet-Afghan war including in NS and BB's tenures. Each time, Russians told Pakistan "you are not important enough for us". So who are we kidding with this sudden, new-found love for Russia just because IK wanted to flip the birdie towards the Americans to please his domestic base? Khan sahib was suggesting we derail our two largest trade partners EU/US to please the Russians on the eve of Russian invasion of Ukraine. I cannot fault IK for the timing of his visit, but the overall disconnect with our largest trading partners in his tenure was a major reason for the reset.
Please! Do not reinvent history to suit your particular flavor. Did we not decide to allow US spy flights over USSR from Peshawar? This was long before they started supporting India. We decided to ignore USSR and become part of US treaties and became part of the Cold war while India chose to remain neutral. What did you expect USSR to do? They replied in the same coin during the Bangladesh war openly supporting the Indians. Then we started supporting a holy war at the behest of the US and allowed the Taliban and every other religious group to use our soil and turned our society into a fanatic nut job of which we are still suffering the effects and all of this to what end? few dollars and legitimacy to a dictator?
So spare me the usual. As for the regime change, it is a reality and your army openly defied its constitutional duty and orders and not the first time in Pakistan's short history. In any other country people like Bajwa would have been behind bars, only in Pakistan he is enjoying perks like many before him despite committing treasons.
As for IK what would he have achieved is debatable since he was never allowed to complete his tenure so you cannot say he wasn't bringing any miracles, perhaps, perhaps not.

Please! Do not reinvent history to suit your particular flavor. Did we not decide to allow US spy flights over USSR from Peshawar? This was long before they started supporting India. We decided to ignore USSR and become part of US treaties and became part of the Cold war while India chose to remain neutral. What did you expect USSR to do? They replied in the same coin during the Bangladesh war openly supporting the Indians. Then we started supporting a holy war at the behest of the US and allowed the Taliban and every other religious group to use our soil and turned our society into a fanatic nut job of which we are still suffering the effects and all of this to what end? few dollars and legitimacy to a dictator?
So spare me the usual. As for the regime change, it is a reality and your army openly defied its constitutional duty and orders and not the first time in Pakistan's short history. In any other country people like Bajwa would have been behind bars, only in Pakistan he is enjoying perks like many before him despite committing treasons.
As for IK what would he have achieved is debatable since he was never allowed to complete his tenure so you cannot say he wasn't bringing any miracles, perhaps, perhaps not.
You want to go back in time and find someone to blame then start with Quaid-e-Azam and LAK for the alignment with the US. There were plenty of reasons for them to pick the West over the Soviets.

I am personally happy that the establishment realized alignment with Russia is not worth the return at this time. Perhaps it can be revisited in the future.

BTW, this entire thread is unsubstantiated i.e. nothing conclusive has been reported or acknowledged by the GoP about this transfer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom