What's new

Pakistan says It's Bombs Come From Afghanistan

GUNNER

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan says It's Bombs Come From Afghanistan

ISLAMABAD, Nov 25, 2010 (AFP) - Pakistan said Wednesday that most of the explosives used in bomb attacks on its territory were smuggled from Afghanistan but insisted it was restricting the cross-border movement of insurgents fighting US troops.

"All these IEDs (improvised-explosive devices) are actually being transported from Afghanistan to Pakistan," Interior Minister Rehman Malik told a national conference on countering the threat from roadside bombs.

"With naked eyes, you can see on the border... that the terrorists are coming towards Pakistan, along with arms and ammunition."

Seven paramilitary troops were wounded in a bomb attack on the outskirts of Hangu in Pakistan's northwest on Thursday, police and security officials said.

Relations between Afghanistan and Pakistan are characterised by mutual suspicion, although ties between the two governments have recently improved.

Taliban insurgents fighting for nine years against the Western-backed Kabul government have rear bases in Pakistan, where Afghan and US officials say their leaders enjoy at least some measure of protection from Pakistan.

Pakistan flatly denies any collusion and says more than 2,420 of its soldiers have been killed fighting Islamist militants since 2002, when the United States put the country on the frontline of its war on Al-Qaeda.

Another 3,835 people have been killed in suicide and bomb attacks blamed on homegrown Taliban and other Islamist extremist networks across Pakistan in the last three years.

"When we were asked to do more, we have done much much more. And today you have seen, the crossing from our side is nominal," said Malik.

The minister blamed Afghan militiamen for destroying bio-metric systems that made it impossible to identify the tens of thousands of people who cross the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan daily.

"We really do not know how many terrorists, how many drug barons, how many criminals are crossing every day," said Malik.

Malik used his speech to request greater assistance from the international community in boosting police training and forensic capabilities.

"We need your moral support. We need your practical support in building the capacity, both for the police and of course our armed forces.

With naked eyes, you can see on the border... that the terrorists are coming towards Pakistan, along with arms and ammunition."

I wonder why the people with the naked eyes are not able to stop them.

Seriously just mine the border. Fence it. Build high walls..... For the good of both Afghans and Pakistan.
The weapons they possess, they could break down the walls and fences with rockets.

Some thing else should be done.
Like.....i have got no idea!!
They could do anything !! :frown:

You claim there is infiltration in Kashmir. You claim that your soldiers spot people crossing the border with naked eyes. Have you stopped all of them?

Well the hon minister mentioned that "you can see people crossing the border with arms and ammo". Hence my question.

In our case, whenever we "see" the infiltrators crossing, thats the end of them. Point me to a source where any Indian govt. official has said that they have seen people cross.

"With naked eyes, you can see on the border... that the terrorists are coming towards Pakistan, along with arms and ammunition."

What the Hell?? Is it so easy to tell it this way?? Well If It is seen with the Naked Eyes Why Dont the Soldiers Bring them down?? That was not at all Optimistic

by the way this kutt@ bemar guy, cant we just understand his intentions of joining this forum by his name? Mods can be proactive.

Seriously just mine the border. Fence it. Build high walls

as long as there are afghan refugees in Pakistan, it is not possible.

this calls for drastic measures....Continuous surveillance Drone patrols on the border,and an A-10 warthog type squadron which can shoot and kill any infiltrator

Back
Top Bottom