What's new

Pakistan Ranks High on Happy Planet Index 2012

IF THIS REPORT IS TO BELIEVED, THEN EVEN NORTH KOREA WILL FIND ITSELF IN A TOP-20 POSITION

Best of the administration, best of the economy and public facilities , access to basic amenities like water & power best and comparable to west, world wide recognition and respect to citizens in whichever places they go, amazing outlook for the future, 0 corruption and poverty, vibrant social life, freedom of speech, no sovereignty breach, hardworking politicians, respectful judiciary, the greatest of economies... Pakistan has all these.. hence the happiest country.

whatever ur saying is right n still this report says something else even abt Bangladesh:lol:

It seems that yr way of judgement is not everywhere appreciated :lol: this report is published by America who is not our friend not only ours but no everybody's, not even yrs. So if they give something like that we got to believe that. thanks

IF THIS REPORT IS TO BELIEVED, THEN EVEN NORTH KOREA WILL FIND ITSELF IN A TOP-20 POSITION

But guess what its not :lol:

As if pakistan with their $1500 per capita had always been a rich nation..In fact pakistan was and still is a third world nation..

most of Indians are in worst state then third world citizens and the only reason why Indian GDP per capita is lil bit higher then Pakistani is because of Indian billionaires and millionaires.

most of Indians are in worst state then third world citizens and the only reason why Indian GDP per capita is lil bit higher then Pakistani is because of Indian billionaires and millionaires.

So on the one hand you say that we have 800,000 poor peeps. Then you say that the presence of about a 100 millionaires increases our GDP per capita so much, that 800,000 guys who supposedly live an 50 cents a day, are outnumbered by 100 millionaires, and our per capita income is double that of our neighbour. :undecided:

Does that really make sense? *Scratches head in confusion*

Yes Hail the Hongkong of south Asia aka Pakistan :cheers::lol:

Even somalians are happy, they have nothing to take care of, nothing to loose or win.

Ever seen homeless kids on streets, they are always happy playing with each other even if they don't get plate full. Now have u seen some engineering or medial students, they won't be happy even if hey can afford large pizza every night.

Now u tell what is Pakistan. A country that can't make basic rails, telecom, services, weapons and even 50% of required electricity should be happy because nothing much has been left to loose.

What happened in Pak after the anti islamic movie was a proof that Pak is a happy country.

Get the drift. :D
WOW well done, i had respected yr country n its countrymen but it seems not many do the same in yr country.You know there r very few in the entire world who can accept the ugly face of truth certainly u seems to b not one of them:lol:
Well bro we should be mature enough to accept that others also exist n could be well to. I being a Azad Kashmiri n from a military background loved yr country n its people bcoz i was taught by my father who is a Lt. gen. (R) that our religion teaches us to love the human being regardless of nationality,religion,cast or creed. If someone does bad to u then show a big heart forgive them.
It seems now that not many in the world seems to follow this rule.If you want to know what is made in Pakistan then search these 2 threads MADE IN PAKISTAN N WEAPONS which r made in our country both r in this same forum i have forgotten the exact location of those threats but i know the names of them u can search from google.Search also the Motorways/roads in Pakistan.
Brother im sorry if i did heart yr feelings but plz do a little research before giving yr precious views.Thnaks

Lolz at the parameters for the figures, Don't flunked out statisticians have anything better to do with their time;
So the figures will inherently penalize all industrialized and modernized economies like the United States or China and markup countries with lower ecological footprints(no industries,no ecological damage!!!). Sorry to state the obvious but this is a pseudo-statistic.

Yes, looks like a low eco-footprint is a major plus in this study and that makes for more 'happiness' I guess.

There, is however, an angle worth looking into, as some kind of 'food for thoughts'. I really think 'happiness' is subjective and being 'subjective' shouldn't be a bad thing. Health, freedom, long life etc are not something trivial. If one is content with his/her life with 'low expectations' then nothing wrong with that? If people get to breathe fresh air, live long and healthy--like the people in Hunza Valley of Pakistan do--then that life is far more appealing than the life of a millionaire who is stressed out, breathes polluted air, and suffers from ill-health.

This is not a 'cop out'.

In the end, we all die. All of our 'achievements' are worth nothing except props to massage our egos while we live. And 'live' we should with 'happiness' however we achieve that.

Personally, as financially and socially 'well adjusted' I am I could move away from it all and live in a commune in a simple life.

Pakistan ranks 16th among 151 countries of the world on the Happy Planet Index (HPI) 2012, slightly behind Bangladesh in 11th place but well ahead of India in 32nd spot.

Happy+Planet+Pakistan.jpg

Earlier, Gallup 2012 Wellbeing survey reported that 20% of Pakistanis say they are "thriving", down from 32% last year. However, the report also showed that more of them are still better off than their neighbors in Bangladesh (16% thriving) and India (11% thriving). The number of those "thriving" increased in Bangladesh by 3% and declined in India by 6%.

Here are some of the possible reasons:

1. Pakistan has continued to offer much greater upward economic and social mobility to its citizens than neighboring India over the last two decades. Since 1990, Pakistan's middle class had expanded by 36.5% and India's by only 12.8%, according to an ADB report titled "Asia's Emerging Middle Class: Past, Present And Future.

2. Rising consumption of durables (cars, motorcycles, tractors, Appliances) and non-durables (FMCGs or fast-moving consumer goods) as well as increasing cement sales are indicative of the underlying strength of the economy.

3. Pakistan's undocumented economy is continuing to thrive as seen in packed shopping malls and restaurants.

4. There are double digit increases in cash remittances flowing in to Pakistan from the world's seventh largest diaspora, rising 21.45 percent to $9.73 billion in the first nine months of the 2011/12 fiscal year.

5. Karachi stock index is booming, hitting new 4-year highs. Share prices are driven by healthy profits and foreign buying, making KSE-100 the third fastest growing index in the world.

6. Even the preliminary official estimates are indicating that Pakistan's nominal per capita income has increased by 9% to $1,372 in 2011-12 from $1,258 in 2010-11.

7. Preliminary estimates are showing that poverty rate in Pakistan has declined from 17.2 per cent in 2008 to slightly over 12 per cent in 2011.

The Gallup survey confirms that only 28% of Pakistanis have confidence in their national government. In my view, it stems from the obvious failure of the state in delivering basic services such as rule-of-law, security and electricity to the people . The best way to improve the wellbeing of the people is to improve governance, reduce corruption and persuade people to pay taxes to give the state more resources.

Coming back to HPI 2012, the Happy Planet Index website says that "the new HPI results show the extent to which 151 countries across the globe produce long, happy and sustainable lives for the people that live in them." "The overall index scores rank countries based on their efficiency, how many long and happy lives each produces per unit of environmental output", it adds.

There are three components of HPI – life expectancy, experienced well-being and Ecological Footprint - that each country is measured on. The scores for each component are color-coded green (good), yellow (middling) and red (poor). An additional color-code deep red is used for countries with poor score in one of the three components of overall HPI score.

Happy+Planet+South+Asia.jpg

Among South Asian nations, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are rated as "middling", while Sri Lanka, Nepal and Myamar are rated poor.

The top-ranked countries are mainly from Latin America with Costa Rica occupying the top spot. The bottom of the list include sub-Sharan African nations with Botswana at the bottom.

Haq's Musings: Pakistanis Rank High on Happy Planet Index

Yes, looks like a low eco-footprint is a major plus in this study and that makes for more 'happiness' I guess.

I think that assumption is wrong..Less ecological footprint doesn't mean people are more happy..I Have been to places of zero ecological footprints-In India and Vietnam(Which btw is ranked second).Trust me the people there are not at all happy at their existence-No modern aminities,No health care,No retirement plans..There may be exceptions like tibeten monks and the ones living in hunza valley..But they are more or less exceptions than the rule..

I know now why Indians are so sad... Seeing the condition their country is in...

Pakistanis Happier than the Indians ?

How is that possible.

Everybody knows India has more happy and gay people

Making me laugh...with a hand full of drone attack, having kill oml in the land,having bomb blust every month, is at top 20 happiest country..are u crazy

Making me laugh...with a hand full of drone attack, having kill oml in the land,having bomb blust every month, is at top 20 happiest country..are u crazy

Having 5000 children die everyday to poverty, worlds open defecation hole, 150 insurgent groups must make you the happiest nation in the world?

Our countrymen are the people on Earth that are the most optimistic. If they are hurt, they smile. If they are poor, they smile. If they have lost family, they smile. If they have lost wealth, they smile. If they have lost hope, they smile. If they have lost their lives, they smile.

God bless Pakistan.

Wakay Khuda nay baras dia hain Pakistan kay lokon ko.

We are the ones that in our depression, smile.

No Indian, or American, or Englishman can compare.

What my simple-minded Pakistani friends fail to realize is that their is an inverse relationship between happiness and success, especially at a state level; as success increases, happiness decreases.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom