What's new

Pakistan outruns India in nuclear weapons race: ICAN its old news but now recognized by ICAN

Mad Mullah mentality. They don't know what is nuclear weapon. They think it is just another bigger bomb.

India will catch up pretty much, after it reach payment terms with French and Iran will benefit equally.

A-nuclear-capable-ballist-007-650x390.jpg

GENEVA (Staff Report) – In the list of ten countries with with the biggest nuclear arsenals, Pakistan stands at number six, where as India stands at number seven.

Switzerland based organisation International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) published the names of ten countries listed according to the the number of nuclear arsenal they possess.

While Russia and United States topped the list with 7,500 and 7,200 nuclear weapons respectively, Pakistan came sixth with 100-120 and India came seventh with 90-110 arsenals.

chartoftheday_3653_the_countries_with_the_biggest_nuclear_arsenals_n.jpg

ICAN is a global campaign coalition working to mobilize people in all countries to inspire, persuade and pressure their governments to initiate and support negotiations for a treaty banning nuclear weapons.
Congrats Pakistan. A few hundred more to the third position. :tup:

India has much larger uranium, thorium and other nuke material reserves and uses more uranium and other nuke material than Pakistan does and given that India has a civil nuclear deal that Pakistan doesn't have, the amount of nuke material available with India must be much higher than Pakistan's, then how come Pakistan has more nuclear bombs.

The quality matters.

Well Pakistan should take the number to 500 at least. We also need to develop ICBMs.
Wrong. The U.S. has more than 7k. Pakistan, as the sole nuclear Muslim power needs to have at least about 2000+ warheads to balance it and find a minimum global deterrence. Good luck....

Wrong. The U.S. has more than 7k. Pakistan, as the sole nuclear Muslim power needs to have at least about 2000+ warheads to balance it and find a minimum global deterrence. Good luck....
500 are more than enough to have but 500 which are far more powerful than the ones used in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. If we want to have mini nukes for NASR than we need lot more than 500.

500 are more than enough to have but 500 which are far more powerful than the ones used in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. If we want to have mini nukes for NASR than we need lot more than 500.
Yeah. That's what you need. Against 14k odd nukes of the rest of the world, the Muslim world needs at least 2 to 3k nukes.

Congrats .... I want to see Pakistan at top ... Insha'Allah one day......

India has had an active weapons program since 1970's, if any one actually believes PAK has more nuke warheads that India is day dreaming. The average yearly strategic missile production alone in India shows that we on any day have more.

Prithvi 1: Since 1994: 10-15 missiles per year, assuming nuke warheads available in number only after 1998. Production halted in 2003 after Prithvi 2 inducted. 135 missiles in total . I assume nukes being made available post 1998 i.e 5 years *15 = 60 potentially nuke capable.

Prithvi 2/3 missiles: Since 2007: Production rate increased to 20, now 160 missiles

Since Year 2000: Agni 1, production 12+ per year i.e current inventory 180 missiles +

Since year 2002: Agni 2, production 18 missiles per year, with 216 missiles +

Since Year 2010: Agni 3: Production of 8-10 per year 40-50+ missiles

Since year 2014: Agni 4: Production of around 12 missiles +

Since 2014-2015: Agni 5: Production or around 8 missiles per year

Since K-15/ Shaurya missile since year 2011: Production of 8-10 per year around i.e 40 missiles+

Now Pak is considered a secondary threat i.e. China is the main threat. Prithvi 1/2/3/ Agni 1 are the main missiles for Pak. By that alone if we add up 60 potentially nuke armed Prithvi 1s/ 160 Prithvi 2s and 180 nuke armed Agni 1s, we have 400 missiles, even if only 20% of these are nuke weaponized, we have potentially a minimum 80warheads on missiles just for Pak, that alone is more than enough for complete assured destruction of Pak. Not counting 20 or so IAF deliverable gravity bombs. A Total of 100 warheads dedicated to Pak is a very realistic number.

If realistic numbers are taken considering that China is the biggest threat and missiles like Agni 2/3/4/5 are exclusively meant for China. Since we are playing catch-up visa a vis having a minimum number of nuke warheads dedicated to China. I believe a high % of annual production of these missiles are slated for nukes. Adding Agni 2/3/4/5 missile stocks would give a total of at least 286 missiles and even if we count a minimum of 50% being slated for nukes, we are looking at 140 warheads or more.

A total conservative estimate of nukes in such a case is at least 240 warheads on missiles + at least 40 nuke bombs i.e. 280 warheads of more. My realistic estimate is that we have crossed the 300 mark already.

Back
Top Bottom