What's new

Pakistan Navy test fires new Harba cruise missile from PNS Himmat Pakistan

Congrats brothers. Your achievements on those missiles make us proud of you ! Really impressive missile and precision strike on target !

You make the ships, we will add the "punch" to them, overall a win-win situation.

LORA is what Indians are gonna get very soon..

Yes, Israeli LORA that Indians so crave. :D

Last edited:
PN has it.

Thank You for confirming that. I was aware that PAF was a fully net centric war machine, but it's good to know that our Naval Assets are net centric too.

All subsonic missiles in many variants have been developed by Pakistani defence industry. I think It is time to develop supersonic variants for more deterrence !

I actually had this conversation with a Naval Officer on this topic. The problem with Supersonic Missiles is that the speed, and composite materials increases the IR signature significantly. This means the supersonic missiles can easily be detected and tracked by over the horizon radars. Such high IR signature makes the supersonic missile a magnet for heatseeking missile or a Phalanx can fire 3000 rounds per minute. Supersonic missiles are quite vulnerable, this is why the USN places a higher emphasis on subsonic missiles that can evade radars.

Looks very similar to C-602:
12744534164_519a2a10a9_b.jpg

view.php

Hatred really make one blind, especially the indians

No! it is NOT. Don't make false statements if you don't know.

This is a totally different missile. 100% made in Pakistan. Been in works for some years with many challenges. Now thanks to ALLAH and the hard work of our scientists and engineers we see the outcome, which is not a "little tweaked" Babur.

Please refrain from making irresponsible and false statements.

I hope you have heard about a deal for a destroyer between Pakistan and China who's is recently revealed.
It's some 05x-A series destroyer which carries VLS. Now Harba is nothing but a little tweaked Babur which is used to destroy surface targets.
I believe it's kinda weapon system which can be used against Land or Surface targets simultaneously.

This is a totally different missile. 100% made in Pakistan. Been in works for some years with many challenges. Now thanks to ALLAH and the hard work of our scientists and engineers we see the outcome, which is not a "little tweaked" Babur.

oh-really-tell-me-more.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 446280 have a good look at air intake. It's entirely different from Babur series. It's the Russian style "Cutout" air intake, similar to what Indians use on Nirbhay. For that reason my guess is it's a new missile not just another version of Babur.
Are you sure it's the air intake?
Look all over the missile. It's full of imperfections.
High speed at low frame.

The only frames worth analysing are the ones immediately after the launch.

I've joked about you relying too much on pixels, but maybe looking for white pixels near the air intake area may help.

Well where in my post did I say it's not a Pakistan made missile ???
But it seems you believe Babur is not Pakistan made am I right ? Let me add in this case both of these missiles are made by our scientists. Any ways its the way you understand my post and I am not profiling any false statement.

Are you sure it's the air intake?
Look all over the missile. It's full of imperfections.
High speed at low frame.

The only frames worth analysing are the ones immediately after the launch.

I've joked about you relying too much on pixels, but maybe looking for white pixels near the air intake area may help.

someone should hire this rocket scientist

This is the "Bold and Beautiful/Handsome" part of Intelligent Ms/Mr Pak!!!! So "low cost" deterrence to such "high cost" adversaries!!! Pak moves a pawn the opponent's queen gets tumbled!!!! No wonder "Last Afgans", "Trump Tweets" etc. rock!!!! By the by, they're being zeroed in one by one too!!!!!

Thank You for confirming that. I was aware that PAF was a fully net centric war machine, but it's good to know that our Naval Assets are net centric too.

I actually had this conversation with a Naval Officer on this topic. The problem with Supersonic Missiles is that the speed, and composite materials increases the IR signature significantly. This means the supersonic missiles can easily be detected and tracked by over the horizon radars. Such high IR signature makes the supersonic missile a magnet for heatseeking missile or a Phalanx can fire 3000 rounds per minute. Supersonic missiles are quite vulnerable, this is why the USN places a higher emphasis on subsonic missiles that can evade radars.
Does it mean that low flying deltas are still an art work????

I have a feeling,

if Trump does some thing silly in the next 48 hours as they are claiming
then a long range missile will be displayed.
Say the whereabouts of 3500km or so. Maybe 5000 km ..
There is a pattern that not many people seem to have noticed; just before the latest 3-4 Pakistani missile tests there were US-Pakistani political tensions (US pressure) displayed in the Western media, and they had nothing to do with the tests _apparently !!!_.. as if the US had some prior knowledge about the preparations and the types of the missiles to be tested.. it continued sporadically but timely with the missile tests since then, until this breaking of cooperation between the two, just before this Harba test !?
Have anyone noticed this..if not go back a few months or a year and check it out..

Missile boats are common concepts. Was used in 1971 war by India. The idea is to launch missiles without endangering expensive assets. Missile boats are in the range of 1000 tons and can carry missiles in the range of 10 and are manufactured for low cost. These have little air defence as that adds to expense and size.

USA uses warships mainly to project power and uses carriers extensively. In fact, the second biggest airforce in the world after USAF is US navy. Let us not take USA as a benchmark. India, Pakistan, Russia, China, France use missile boats. I am sure many other navies use them too.

AGain, you are overestimating nukes. Electronics will be fried only in case of hollywood movies, not real life. In fact, US carriers are built to be protected against direct hit of tactical nukes. Don't underestimate carrier fleets. It may be convenient to simply say that nuclear bomb will solve all problems. But, that is not the case. The technology and research actually matters.
Missile boats were for first time used by the Egyptians in 1967 to sink a Usraeli frigate at Eilat port.. The same was with mobile air defences..General Shazli proposed a mobile air defence concept in 1973 to the soviets who laughed about the idea, but then started implementing it right after the October 1973 war when they understood its soundness on the battle field.. for both concepts.. the rest is history..

That was not what I meant. You didn't get what I was trying to convey, but lets leave it at that, I can't be more specific.

Well where in my post did I say it's not a Pakistan made missile ???
But it seems you believe Babur is not Pakistan made am I right ? Let me add in this case both of these missiles are made by our scientists. Any ways its the way you understand my post and I am not profiling any false statement.

There is a pattern that not many people seem to have noticed; just before the latest 3-4 Pakistani missile tests there were US-Pakistani political tensions (US pressure) displayed in the Western media, and they had nothing to do with the tests _apparently !!!_.. as if the US had some prior knowledge about the preparations and the types of the missiles to be tested.. it continued sporadically but timely with the missile tests since then, until this breaking of cooperation between the two, just before this Harba test !?
Have anyone noticed this..if not go back a few months or a year and check it out..

Missile boats were for first time used by the Egyptians in 1967 to sink a Usraeli frigate at Eilat port.. The same was with mobile air defences..General Shazli proposed a mobile air defence concept in 1973 to the soviets who laughed about the idea, but then started implementing it right after the October 1973 war when they understood its soundness on the battle field.. for both concepts.. the rest is history..

I keep an eye;
There is an unwritten agreement that Pakistan will not work on extended range missiles.
Thus to keep Europe ( read Israel ) in a non threatening mode.

Also, there were a few NOTAM issued in months before the test, however nothing is allowed on the media.

I keep an eye;
There is an unwritten agreement that Pakistan will not work on extended range missiles.
Thus to keep Europe ( read Israel ) in a non threatening mode.

Also, there were a few NOTAM issued in months before the test, however nothing is allowed on the media.

There is a saying that 'barking dogs seldom bit, but the barking dogs can stop barking anytime and start biting.'

Unwritten agreements are nonbinding and can change anytime.

Back
Top Bottom