What's new

Pakistan Navy test fires new Harba cruise missile from PNS Himmat Pakistan

Par when will we end filming these missile firings with a patato? Some investment required inthat depart too

Par when will we end filming these missile firings with a patato? Some investment required inthat depart too

So all the details of system are seen in HD by world's leading experts

Land based VL-Cruise Missile
437933-baburispr-1347863627-658-640x480.jpg

Sub Launchable Cruise Missile
1289770-imgwacopy-1483997293.jpg

Ship based Harba Cruise Missile
_6914ac3e-f095-11e7-9d38-90e646082a51.jpg

Air Launchable Cruise Missile
Pakistan%2BDisplays%2BHatf-VIII%2BRa%2527ad%2BII%2B550%2BKM%2BAir%2BLaunched%2BCruise%2BMissile%2B%2528ALCM%2529.jpg

All subsonic missiles in many variants have been developed by Pakistani defence industry. I think It is time to develop supersonic variants for more deterrence !

Land based VL-Cruise Missile
437933-baburispr-1347863627-658-640x480.jpg

Sub Launchable Cruise Missile
1289770-imgwacopy-1483997293.jpg

Ship based Harba Cruise Missile
_6914ac3e-f095-11e7-9d38-90e646082a51.jpg

Air Launchable Cruise Missile
Pakistan%2BDisplays%2BHatf-VIII%2BRa%2527ad%2BII%2B550%2BKM%2BAir%2BLaunched%2BCruise%2BMissile%2B%2528ALCM%2529.jpg

All subsonic missiles in many variants have been developed by Pakistani defence industry. I think It is time to develop supersonic variants for more deterrence !
agree sir

Missile boats are common concepts. Was used in 1971 war by India. The idea is to launch missiles without endangering expensive assets. Missile boats are in the range of 1000 tons and can carry missiles in the range of 10 and are manufactured for low cost. These have little air defence as that adds to expense and size.

USA uses warships mainly to project power and uses carriers extensively. In fact, the second biggest airforce in the world after USAF is US navy. Let us not take USA as a benchmark. India, Pakistan, Russia, China, France use missile boats. I am sure many other navies use them too.

Why do you have a habit of F*** up a perfect good conversation? Only a handful of countries can produce customized missiles and ships to carry and fire them. Not every dick and harry navy, as you implied, has this capability or the technical know-how.

All subsonic missiles in many variants have been developed by Pakistani defence industry. I think It is time to develop supersonic variants for more deterrence

Actually, I propose that Harba type missile be developed with "Multiple Warheads" capability, and increased range. So that after a certain range, the multiple warheads can separate and follow their own independent trajectories. 'Supersonic' component in the initial stage at least would be a bonus. Multiple warheads capability in this type of missile would make it the ultimate killer weapon.

more like a ship based c602 as shown in post 4. id expect the babur being vertically launched via ship.
so then this means either the zarb is a coastal based variant for the c602/harbra or even the c802 or something we have not seen. would be quiet strange if its based of the c602 as i dont see the point in giving it a new name.

I hope you have heard about a deal for a destroyer between Pakistan and China who's is recently revealed.
It's some 05x-A series destroyer which carries VLS. Now Harba is nothing but a little tweaked Babur which is used to destroy surface targets.
I believe it's kinda weapon system which can be used against Land or Surface targets simultaneously.

A message to one of the biggest navies in the history. No way you can threat, blackmail or scold us! Our sea lines of communication are secure.

The little info i was able to obtain was that the missile isn't a version of Babur and the distant it travelled to the designated target took approximately 10 minutes.

I believe with the redesign of intake, a few tweaks in the airframe especially when the wings and turbojet/turbofan come in to action become a requirement. Which can actually change the flight characteristics hence a new name but the core technologies remain same albeit with systematic updates.

News of a newer air launched cruise missile are also around. Let's wait and watch.

Pakistan conducts firing of cruise missile from Azmat-class boat

Ridzwan Rahmat - Jane's Navy International
03 January 2018

1699620_-_main.jpg

PNS Himmat firing the ‘Harbah’ naval cruise missile in January 2018. Source: Pakistan Navy

Key Points
  • Pakistan has launched a new type of cruise missile from its latest Azmat-class vessel
  • Event further demonstrates the platform’s range of anti-surface capabilities
The Pakistan Navy has launched what appears to be a shipborne variant of an indigenously developed cruise missile from its latest Azmat-class patrol craft, PNS Himmat (1027).

The weapon, which has been referred to by the service’s chief of naval staff, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi, as the ‘Harbah’ naval cruise missile, was fired on 3 January in the North Arabian Sea.

The missile was said to have hit its intended target accurately, but no further details were available, including its distance from Himmat . Adm Zafar and other senior naval officers witnessed the weapon’s launch from onboard the service’s Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate, PNS Alamgir .

Himmat , which is the Pakistan Navy’s third Azmat-class boat, was commissioned in July 2017. The 63 m platform derives its design from the People’s Liberation Army Navy’s (PLAN’s) Houjian (Type 037/2)-class missile boat design.

Weapons onboard the 63 m boat includes eight (two quad) launchers that are also capable of deploying the C-802A surface-to-surface missile. Himmat is also equipped with the 25 mm STOP remote controlled stabilised naval gun from Turkish defence company Aselsan, and a Type 630 30 mm close-in weapon system (CIWS) in the aft section.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options at ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(244 of 336 words)

Pakistan conducts firing of cruise missile from Azmat-class boat | Jane's Navy International

What an amazing year for Pakistani army, so many new technologies! I really dont think this is a type of C-602, looks like another Pakistani wonder! Hope we see more this year! :yahoo:

Oh that's great, it means Pakistan now master the technology how to develop anti ship missile as well as land attack missile capable of lunching from ship. Any idea what's the range of this missile ?

If it's based on Baber-2 then above 300km and high subsonic (0.8/9 Mach) missile it may be.

Congrats to all Pakistani's :pakistan:

At the range these CMs are fired, flash is not visible anyway.
The smoke trail also ends when the air breathing engine takes over, so we don't have to worry about that.

The height of the missile is continually adjusted during its flight path.

The best part is that these CMs are fitted on FACMs, which are not detectable at long ranges and are highly agile as compered to larger vessels.

6 CMs on board makes it a pretty loaded vessel.

How those FAMBs will guide those missiles beyond 100km? P-3s, UAVs, KEs, ships or subs will be used to provide guidance in NCW environment??

What an amazing year for Pakistani army, so many new technologies! I really dont think this is a type of C-602, looks like another Pakistani wonder! Hope we see more this year! :yahoo:
It's Babur version

Back
Top Bottom