What's new

Pakistan Navy test fires new Harba cruise missile from PNS Himmat Pakistan

Omg he is your student ??? I shud have guessed

Tell me is it still impossible to fire ballistic missile on lofted trajectory???? Or has it become possible now in view of what NK has been doing???? Ha ha... schooling ??? :yahoo::yahoo:

Your student wants to use that sea based x band :wave:monstrosity to search for cruise missiles....
May b u gave him the idea

any ways welcome back
Here:

"Mechanically scanning radars are several seconds late in detecting targets, tracking and classifying them when compared to their electronically scanning counterparts. Hence all modern frigates and destroyers are equipped with AESA/PESA radars. They can detect and track sea-skimming missiles from 20-30 km away depending on the height at which the radars are mounted. The height of the radar is directly proportional to the detection distance. These radars also must possess the ability to detect, track and illuminate the multiple targets simultaneously for anti-missile systems to shoot them down."

Source: https://defencyclopedia.com/2014/12...-ship-missiles-part-2-detection-using-radars/

Take a good look at the height of SBX-1 AESA radar system:

20170115_sbx1.jpg

SBX-1 is the largest, tallest and most powerful AESA radar system in existence, providing 360 degree coverage of threats on the surface and above.

You need to revisit your theories only.

Take a good look at the height of SBX-1 AESA radar system:

Boss learn about sbx 1 first....

It's a very power full torch looking in sky ... and any thing coming in its focus is shown in greatest detail....that's crucial thing in mid course intercept of a ballistic missile... trying to separate debris and decoys from warhead(s)

But sky is a huge thing and SBX has no idea what else is there in sky.... that's it's major draw back...

Now why in the world would some one like to look at a cruise missile in such detail and while doing so miss the other 5 hurting over ocean towards you?? There is no debry of decoys here...

It's like firing a 155 mm howitzer at an f 16... it does not mean howitzer is a poor system.... u are not using it right...

Kindly learn about sbx before trying to stick it over an aircraft carrier...

Kind regards..

Say hello to your teacher for me

Ok oth is obsolete in military terms
What are you talking about, OTH is a primary ingredients for detecting/tracking BALLISTIC missiles and can you detect BM launch from random place from your opponent country and remember bro AWACS has limited coverage/range for example (INDIA LAUNCHED BALLISTIC MISSILES TOWARD PAKISTAN FROM ITS SOUTHERN LOCATIONS LETS SAY FROM BANGALORE AND PAKISTANI AWACS FLYING OVER THE RAN OF KUCH SO HOW CAN PAKISTANI AWACS DETECT /TRACK LAUNCHES OF INDIAN BM FROM SOUTH OF INDIA FROM AN AWACS WITH A RANGE OF MERELY 600 KMo_O) so you have only two options left either you have sat up there to cover whole your opponents or you have OTH RADARS to cover whole your opponent countries or best both think logically Mr @Mrc :crazy:

Boss learn about sbx 1 first....

It's a very power full torch looking in sky ... and any thing coming in its focus is shown in greatest detail....that's crucial thing in mid course intercept of a ballistic missile... trying to separate debris and decoys from warhead(s)

But sky is a huge thing and SBX has no idea what else is there in sky.... that's it's major draw back...

Now why in the world would some one like to look at a cruise missile in such detail and while doing so miss the other 5 hurting over ocean towards you?? There is no debry of decoys here...

It's like firing a 155 mm howitzer at an f 16... it does not mean howitzer is a poor system.... u are not using it right...

Kindly learn about sbx before trying to stick it over an aircraft carrier...

Kind regards..

Say hello to your teacher for me
Powerful torch looking in the sky? Shabaash.

Even much smaller SPY-1 radar system of Arleigh Burke class destroyer is capable of detecting and tracking movements of 100 targets (simultaneously) in 360 degree fashion.

Watch this video and educate yourself:

SBX-1 AESA is like hundreds of times more powerful than that. And the entire platform is equipped with multiple sensors.

Please don't comment on matters that you do not understand.

Last edited:
Powerful torch looking in the sky? Shabaash.

Even much smaller SPY-1 radar system of Arleigh Burke class destroyer is capable of detecting and tracking movements of 100 targets (simultaneously) in 360 degree fashion.

Watch this video and educate yourself:

SBX-1 AESA is like hundreds of times more powerful than that. And the entire platform is equipped with multiple sensors.

Please don't comment on matters that you do not understand.
ignore @Mrc sir he is trying to say OTH radars can't detect cruise missiles, that @Mrc main point sir

ignore @Mrc sir he is trying to say OTH radars can't detect cruise missiles, that @Mrc main point sir
He is really confused about these matters. WW2-era passive radar systems search for a target like a torch.

Modern American AESA radar systems create an active 360 degree sphere of detection around them within which they can identify and track scores of targets simultaneously in real-time from all angles, as shown in the video above. SBX-1 is the most powerful and sophisticated AESA radar system in existence with 45000 transmit/receive modules and 69,632 multi-sectional circuits to trasmit, receive and amplify signals.

Oh yes the functioning Indian ABM which can track and kill cruise ballistic quasi ballistic missiles with 100 %% accuracy and nothing....

I repeat nothing can even think of going through....

I completely forgot about that....

Thanks for reminding....... yuppie
No system is 100% accurate but they have layered anti ballistic missiles system:p: and cruise missiles system is not invincible system they are incterceptable:agree:

He is really confused about these matters. WW2-era passive radar systems search for a target like a torch.

Modern American AESA radar systems create an active 360 degree sphere of detection around them within which they can identify and track scores of targets simultaneously in real-time from all angles, as shown in the video above. SBX-1 is the most powerful and sophisticated AESA radar system in existence with 45000 transmit/receive modules and 69,632 multi-sectional circuits to trasmit, receive and amplify signals.
i am fully agree with you sir but @Mrc don't

Last edited by a moderator:
Even much smaller SPY-1 radar system of Arleigh Burke class destroyer

Yaar i am sick of your analogies...

So a cow and goat and I guess a female monkey all give milk ... all comparable ?? Sure ..

Aegis spy are made to protect ships... detecting cruise missiles is their primary purpse...so yeah they can do that

X band is part of ballistic missile defence ... nothing to do with ship defence ...

Ok now don' quote me further till u get this

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Go back to your gao matta school u false flagger
I am not false flagger I'm true Pakistani which live in USA you have not answer me that how can OHT radars are absolute tech main ingredients of an ABM system is OTH radars and space based system, why you comes to my nationality o_O

@LeGenD @pakistanipower @Mrc maybe the following quote from Wikipedia will help you resolve your differences

SBX-1 is part of the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) system under development by the MDA. The decision to place the system on a mobile sea-based platform was intended to allow the vessel to be moved to areas where it is needed for enhanced missile defense. Fixed radars provide coverage for a very limited area due to the curvature of the Earth. However, the same limitation applies to the SBX. SBX's primary task is discrimination of enemy warheads from decoys, followed by precision tracking of the identified warheads. Testing has raised doubts about the system's ability to perform these tasks, to deal with multiple targets, and to report accurately to command authorities.[1]

Furthermore, the most commonly utilized techniques on OTH Radars make use of low frequency waves, in direct contrast to the extremely high X band use by SBX-1. So, no, SBX1 would be a poor choice for catching a sea skimming cruise missile thousands of miles away.

That said, we must acknowledge that the US has the world's most powerful monitoring network, comprising sensors all over the world. But, it is not invincible. The recent collisions of USN ships with commercial vessels are testament to that. Similarly, the terrorist attack on the USN ship in the Gulf region.

The key aspect is that this extremely power network is still vulnerable to surprise attacks. They cannot monitor every square inch of the earth 24x7. Which is why, SSBNs would be a nightmare for the US. That is the correct approach and direction that we should be pursuing today, in collaboration with Russia, China, and Turkey.

@LeGenD @pakistanipower @Mrc maybe the following quote from Wikipedia will help you resolve your differences

Furthermore, the most commonly utilized techniques on OTH Radars make use of low frequency waves, in direct contrast to the extremely high X band use by SBX-1. So, no, SBX1 would be a poor choice for catching a sea skimming cruise missile thousands of miles away.

That said, we must acknowledge that the US has the world's most powerful monitoring network, comprising sensors all over the world. But, it is not invincible. The recent collisions of USN ships with commercial vessels are testament to that. Similarly, the terrorist attack on the USN ship in the Gulf region.
Bro,

I see you in positive light so I will respond, and I expect you to understand.

As a researcher, I specialize in scrutinizing a piece of information, and discern reliability of information and sources. Wikipedia (articles) are created by its members (public domain) and each article is essentially a collection of "different views" about a subject from different sources - hardly a reliable source of information therefore [I am also a member of Wikipedia and I am privy to what happens beneath and its policies]. Yes, we can find useful information in its articles but we cannot take an entire article from this source at face value. That statement is from a journalist piece [LA times] and it is complete source of disinformation (might be deliberate). Military professionals do not address such garbage because they are under oath and sworn to secrecy.

Nobody has a clear idea about the capabilities of SBX-1 system [outside its operators]; it is absolutely off-limits to reporters and public in reality. So you can take that journalist piece with a grain of salt. Perhaps, those reporters were refused access to SBX-1 and were butt-hurt. :azn:

It is breaking news when FOX NEWS is acting more responsibly than LA TIMES in matters of journalism. FYI: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/0...ccessful-missile-intercept-military-says.html

---

Nothing is invincible but we cannot take scientific advancements for granted either. So many ideas, concepts, experiments and inventions are taking place that it is impossible for a single person to keep track of them.

Those collisions occurred due to lapses in professionalism of the crew and culprits have been awarded exemplary punishments since. So much so that the entire USN is under probe and scrutiny from the high command, and new SOPs are likely. In-fact, mischief on the part of commercial tankers cannot be ruled out either because sailors do not normally expect a commercial tanker to ram into a warship.

Lapses and issues are a worldwide problem because human beings are not infallible themselves. An average joe has no idea of the proportion of Pakistani equipment that is ready for combat operations - never 100% (anywhere). In case of Pakistan, even if 70% of total equipment is ready for combat operations - this would be really good. Keeping in mind numerous mishaps and incidents that are not publicized.

---

Look at this information: http://www.aewa.org/Library/rf_bands.html

Information in public domain does not accurately reflect on the actual capabilities of radar systems in service in USN because they tend to be multi-purpose and based on incredibly complex algorithms (not in public domain). Bands and similar jargons are for public consumption.

For example, Aegis combat system employs SPY-1 AESA [C-band] radar system for its missions. Now, if you focus on the band, you will get the impression that C-band is not a good choice for military-oriented missions due to its frequency related shortcomings but an average joe has no idea about the design and sophistication of this radar system because its algorithms and design principles are not in public domain.

This video will give you an idea:

SPY-1 AESA [C-band] radar system is so powerful and sophisticated that it provides a 360 degree field of view of various threats to its vessel and is capable of detecting and tracking 100 objects [simultaneously] in real-time, ranging from subsonic sea-skimming to hyper-sonic airborne. The latest (and soon-to-be-commissioned) SPY-6 AESA [C-band] radar system is even more powerful and sophisticated.

NOW;

"The x-band radar, or XBR, was designed, built and tested by Raytheon for Boeing, the prime contractor of the SBX-1 development. It is the most advanced electro-mechanically steered phased array x-band radar derived from the radar of the Aegis combat system.

The radar beam is formed by the 45,000 transmit / receive modules, mounted on an octagonal flat base. It can see an object similar to the size of a baseball at a range of 2,500 miles. About 69,632 multisectional circuits are used in the radar for transmitting, receiving and amplifying signals.

The 18,000lbs radome measures 103ft in height and 120ft in diameter. It is built with high-tech synthetic fabric material to withstand wind speeds of more than 130mph. Air pressure supports the flexible cover which surrounds the radar.

The vessel is also installed with small rigid radomes. Onboard equipment is powered by six 3.6MW generators."

Source: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/sea-based-x-band-radar-1-sbx-1/

Emphasis mine. SBX-1 is essentially an extension of Aegis SPY-1 radar system in virtually every respect [algorithms and design principles] and the most powerful AESA radar system in the world. It enables incredibly sophisticated mission profiles accordingly.

AND;

"The radar on the SBX is housed under the large, white radome and is considered the largest and most sophisticated phased array electro-mechanically steered X-band radar in the world, with approximately 45,000 transmit/receive modules forming the radar beam. The radar beam is capable of detecting an object the size of a baseball at up to 2,500 miles away. [1] The radar also uses 69,632 multi-sectional circuits to transmit, receive, and amplify signals, and the elevation at which the radar is positioned abroad the platform allows it to track objects as they fly toward, over, and away from the vessel."

Source: http://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/m...ed-sensor-systems/sea-based-x-band-radar-sbx/

Emphasis mine. Only a sea-skimming cruise missile will [fly toward] SBX-1 platform, not over it. SBX-1 is absolutely capable of volume search, cued search and horizon search and is kept elevated above sea surface by a significant margin because this design philosophy extends its detection range [in azimuth] accordingly, and make it practical for the platform to scan the surface below for sea-skimming threats. Same principle for SPY-1 radar system but its range is relatively less.

In-fact, SBX-1 platform is known to affect functioning of aircraft and even automobiles on the ground. This is sufficient indication of 360 degree scanning capability [refer to aforementioned video]. People have experienced these effects unwittingly.

"The radar is so strong it can interfere with aircraft, automobiles and other devices that cross the beam's path. The military previously said the radar could cause "electro-explosive devices" to detonate, such as car airbags and military aircraft ejection seats." (William Cole, 2007)

Last time I checked, automobiles don't fly.

SBX-1 is definitely multi-purpose sensor platform and its capabilities are largely classified due to security-related considerations. This is why technical information about this platform is scarce on the web. The primary dome is proficient in X-band frequencies per sources but you can see multiple domes on the platform.

rtn_241443.jpg

HINT;

Boeing missile defense officials refuse to answer questions about whether they are developing techniques to produce high-energy weapon effects from the SBX sea-based radar. However, since large distributed-array devices [like the SBX] can be focused to deliver large spikes of energy, powerful enough to disable electronic equipment, the potential is known to exist and is being fielded on a range of U.S., British and Australian aircraft.

Some known mission profiles of SBX-1:-

In 2008, SBX-1 platform enabled an Arleigh Burke class destroyer to exterminate a defunct spy satellite (i.e. USA 193) in space [orbiting Earth at constant speed of 17000 mph, 180 miles above surface] with an SM-3 interceptor.

"It was an X-band radar which was used in Operation Burnt Frost when we shot down that satellite from an Aegis ship several years back that was in a low, decaying orbit. We didn't just hit a bullet with a bullet, we hit a spot on a bullet." Indeed, the portable radar system is so sensitive it can identify and track a game of catch up to 2,900 miles away.

Raytheon press: The interceptor missile "was never designed to engage a satellite," according to Raytheon Missile Systems, adding that its success "demonstrates the capability of the SM-3 missile to meet a unique situation and perform beyond its intended purpose." ;)

"The United States has got other better ways of shooting down satellites. This is not a very good ASAT interceptor" (Mr. Pike; Global Security.org) :lol:

In 2004, SBX-1 platform enabled intercept of an IRBM-class target with a GMD interceptor.

Boeing press: "impossible" problem solved. ;) (Of-course)

In 2007, SBX-1 platform enabled intercept of an ICBM-class target with a GMD interceptor. This target was carrying a warhead and some decoys. SBX-1 system distinguished decoys from the actual warhead and GMD EKV struck the warhead.

Countermeasures? shoo shoo. ;)

For an asset of this class and significance, safety is paramount and sea-skimming cruise missiles are a major threat. Therefore, 360 degree scanning is a must.

The key aspect is that this extremely power network is still vulnerable to surprise attacks. They cannot monitor every square inch of the earth 24x7. Which is why, SSBNs would be a nightmare for the US. That is the correct approach and direction that we should be pursuing today, in collaboration with Russia, China, and Turkey.
Bro,

The world has not witnessed a network of this scale and capability before, and improvements are a given. There might be some gaps on the surface but SBIRS and DSP networks provide global coverage of various threats to the US in tandem. Nothing can stop them.

"Raytheon is the world leader in X-band radars and discrimination and develops and produces the world's largest and most comprehensive collection of proven sensors for missile defense. Its sensors operate effectively in all domains (air, land, sea and space) and for all phases of the missile defense engagement chain. Raytheon's space sensors have achieved a 100% successful turn-on rate after launch."

Indeed, threats have not diminished; arms-race is a given; and nobody is 100% secure in a war. However, vast resources and investments ensure capability over-match and superior probability of intercept and/or victory accordingly.

Yaar i am sick of your analogies...

So a cow and goat and I guess a female monkey all give milk ... all comparable ?? Sure ..

Aegis spy are made to protect ships... detecting cruise missiles is their primary purpse...so yeah they can do that

X band is part of ballistic missile defence ... nothing to do with ship defence ...

Ok now don' quote me further till u get this
Sure, bro.

You know better because you designed it and operate it.

See my response above. I have nothing more to say about this matter, and not going to waste my time further.

Last edited:
Bro,

I see you in positive light so I will respond, and I expect you to understand.

As a researcher, I specialize in scrutinizing a piece of information, and discern reliability of information and sources. Wikipedia (articles) are created by its members (public domain) and each article is essentially a collection of "different views" about a subject from different sources - hardly a reliable source of information therefore [I am also a member of Wikipedia and I am privy to what happens beneath and its policies]. Yes, we can find useful information in its articles but we cannot take an entire article from this source at face value. That statement is from a journalist piece [LA times] and it is complete source of disinformation (might be deliberate). Military professionals do not address such garbage because they are under oath and sworn to secrecy.

Nobody has a clear idea about the capabilities of SBX-1 system [outside its operators]; it is absolutely off-limits to reporters and public in reality. So you can take that journalist piece with a grain of salt. Perhaps, those reporters were refused access to SBX-1 and were butt-hurt. :azn:

It is breaking news when FOX NEWS is acting more responsibly than LA TIMES in matters of journalism. FYI: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/0...ccessful-missile-intercept-military-says.html

---

Nothing is invincible but we cannot take scientific advancements for granted either. So many ideas, concepts, experiments and inventions are taking place that it is impossible for a single person to keep track of them.

Those collisions occurred due to lapses in professionalism of the crew and culprits have been awarded exemplary punishments since. So much so that the entire USN is under probe and scrutiny from the high command, and new SOPs are likely. In-fact, mischief on the part of commercial tankers cannot be ruled out either because sailors do not normally expect a commercial tanker to ram into a warship.

Lapses and issues are a worldwide problem because human beings are not infallible themselves. An average joe has no idea of the proportion of Pakistani equipment that is ready for combat operations - never 100% (anywhere). In case of Pakistan, even if 70% of total equipment is ready for combat operations - this would be really good. Keeping in mind numerous mishaps and incidents that are not publicized.

---

Look at this information: http://www.aewa.org/Library/rf_bands.html

Information in public domain does not accurately reflect on the actual capabilities of radar systems in service in USN because they tend to be multi-purpose and based on incredibly complex algorithms (not in public domain). Bands and similar jargons are for public consumption.

For example, Aegis combat system employs SPY-1 AESA [C-band] radar system for its missions. Now, if you focus on the band, you will get the impression that C-band is not a good choice for military-oriented missions due to its frequency related shortcomings but an average joe has no idea about the design and sophistication of this radar system because its algorithms and design principles are not in public domain.

This video will give you an idea:

SPY-1 AESA [C-band] radar system is so powerful and sophisticated that it provides a 360 degree field of view of various threats to its vessel and is capable of detecting and tracking 100 objects [simultaneously] in real-time, ranging from subsonic sea-skimming to hyper-sonic airborne. The latest (and soon-to-be-commissioned) SPY-6 AESA [C-band] radar system is even more powerful and sophisticated.

NOW;

"The x-band radar, or XBR, was designed, built and tested by Raytheon for Boeing, the prime contractor of the SBX-1 development. It is the most advanced electro-mechanically steered phased array x-band radar derived from the radar of the Aegis combat system.

The radar beam is formed by the 45,000 transmit / receive modules, mounted on an octagonal flat base. It can see an object similar to the size of a baseball at a range of 2,500 miles. About 69,632 multisectional circuits are used in the radar for transmitting, receiving and amplifying signals.

The 18,000lbs radome measures 103ft in height and 120ft in diameter. It is built with high-tech synthetic fabric material to withstand wind speeds of more than 130mph. Air pressure supports the flexible cover which surrounds the radar.

The vessel is also installed with small rigid radomes. Onboard equipment is powered by six 3.6MW generators."

Source: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/sea-based-x-band-radar-1-sbx-1/

Emphasis mine. SBX-1 is essentially an extension of Aegis SPY-1 radar system in virtually every respect [algorithms and design principles] and the most powerful AESA radar system in the world. It enables incredibly sophisticated mission profiles accordingly.

AND;

"The radar on the SBX is housed under the large, white radome and is considered the largest and most sophisticated phased array electro-mechanically steered X-band radar in the world, with approximately 45,000 transmit/receive modules forming the radar beam. The radar beam is capable of detecting an object the size of a baseball at up to 2,500 miles away. [1] The radar also uses 69,632 multi-sectional circuits to transmit, receive, and amplify signals, and the elevation at which the radar is positioned abroad the platform allows it to track objects as they fly toward, over, and away from the vessel."

Source: http://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/m...ed-sensor-systems/sea-based-x-band-radar-sbx/

Emphasis mine. Only a sea-skimming cruise missile will [fly toward] SBX-1 platform, not over it. SBX-1 is absolutely capable of volume search, cued search and horizon search and is kept elevated above sea surface by a significant margin because this design philosophy extends its detection range [in azimuth] accordingly, and make it practical for the platform to scan the surface below for sea-skimming threats. Same principle for SPY-1 radar system but its range is relatively less.

In-fact, SBX-1 platform is known to affect functioning of aircraft and even automobiles on the ground. This is sufficient indication of 360 degree scanning capability [refer to aforementioned video]. People have experienced these effects unwittingly.

"The radar is so strong it can interfere with aircraft, automobiles and other devices that cross the beam's path. The military previously said the radar could cause "electro-explosive devices" to detonate, such as car airbags and military aircraft ejection seats." (William Cole, 2007)

Last time I checked, automobiles don't fly.

SBX-1 is definitely multi-purpose sensor platform and its capabilities are largely classified due to security-related considerations. This is why technical information about this platform is scarce on the web. The primary dome is proficient in X-band frequencies per sources but you can see multiple domes on the platform.

rtn_241443.jpg

HINT;

Boeing missile defense officials refuse to answer questions about whether they are developing techniques to produce high-energy weapon effects from the SBX sea-based radar. However, since large distributed-array devices [like the SBX] can be focused to deliver large spikes of energy, powerful enough to disable electronic equipment, the potential is known to exist and is being fielded on a range of U.S., British and Australian aircraft.

Some known mission profiles of SBX-1:-

In 2008, SBX-1 platform enabled an Arleigh Burke class destroyer to exterminate a defunct spy satellite (i.e. USA 193) in space [orbiting Earth at constant speed of 17000 mph, 180 miles above surface] with an SM-3 interceptor.

"It was an X-band radar which was used in Operation Burnt Frost when we shot down that satellite from an Aegis ship several years back that was in a low, decaying orbit. We didn't just hit a bullet with a bullet, we hit a spot on a bullet." Indeed, the portable radar system is so sensitive it can identify and track a game of catch up to 2,900 miles away.

Raytheon press: The interceptor missile "was never designed to engage a satellite," according to Raytheon Missile Systems, adding that its success "demonstrates the capability of the SM-3 missile to meet a unique situation and perform beyond its intended purpose." ;)

"The United States has got other better ways of shooting down satellites. This is not a very good ASAT interceptor" (Mr. Pike; Global Security.org) :lol:

In 2004, SBX-1 platform enabled intercept of an IRBM-class target with a GMD interceptor.

Boeing press: "impossible" problem solved. ;) (Of-course)

In 2007, SBX-1 platform enabled intercept of an ICBM-class target with a GMD interceptor. This target was carrying a warhead and some decoys. SBX-1 system distinguished decoys from the actual warhead and GMD EKV struck the warhead.

Countermeasures? shoo shoo. ;)

For an asset of this class and significance, safety is paramount and sea-skimming cruise missiles are a major threat. Therefore, 360 degree scanning is a must.

Bro,

The world has not witnessed a network of this scale and capability before, and improvements are a given. There might be some gaps on the surface but SBIRS and DSP networks provide global coverage of various threats to the US in tandem. Nothing can stop them.

"Raytheon is the world leader in X-band radars and discrimination and develops and produces the world's largest and most comprehensive collection of proven sensors for missile defense. Its sensors operate effectively in all domains (air, land, sea and space) and for all phases of the missile defense engagement chain. Raytheon's space sensors have achieved a 100% successful turn-on rate after launch."

Indeed, threats have not diminished; arms-race is a given; and nobody is 100% secure in a war. However, vast resources and investments ensure capability over-match and superior probability of intercept and/or victory accordingly.

Sure, bro.

You know better because you designed it and operate it.

See my response above. I have nothing more to say about this matter, and not going to waste my time further.

Will read later in detail, but I grew suspicious ad soon as you said the information is from LA Times. It is actually from FAS a very reputable organization of American scientists.

Will read later in detail, but I grew suspicious ad soon as you said the information is from LA Times. It is actually from FAS a very reputable organization of American scientists.
Check the citation in Wikipedia. Source is a report by David William of LA TIMES, and a fine piece of disinformation at that. SBX-1 platform is off-limits to reporters and public. Spread of disinformation is sometimes deliberate do discourage prying eyes.

FAS is a public domain Think Tank. Although actual scientists contribute to it, they will not release classified material for public consumption. Never have.

Again, why would USN want [us] to know what the platform in question is capable of?

According to some [eye-witness] accounts, it is a laboratory for HAARP related experiments. X-band frequencies and the sheer power of the platform fit the bill. Activities of this platform coincide with closure of a laboratory of HAARP in Alaska in 2014.

Nobody can really tell you much about capabilities of SBX-1 platform; nobody will. Those who are operating it, understand its capabilities and significance - they are not supposed to address misconceptions about it. Relevant sources will disclose as much as they want the public to know.

I have put together important bits of information for you [from different sources]. Go through my post and it will be enough for you. You won't find much else on the web.

Last edited:
to launch cruise missile with the least detect ability is to launch them from small turboprop trainers like the Turkish Hurkos (which take off from distributed road bases) at low altitudes and the cruise missiles should have exhaust nozzles like the old american stealth cruise missile; ALCM

No launch thermal signature; and a lot more flexibility to maximize the launch point rather than a fixed or limited mobility ground launch point.

Back
Top Bottom