What's new

Pakistan Navy Questions Thread

i already posted this query ...
hope for positive guidance
salam
what are the possible qualities they look for SSG (navy) branch in pak navy short commission 2011?
please guide ....

whats the difference between a corvette and a frigate .... considering pak has has frigates and not corvettes

i know countries with strong navies have corvettes but if pakistan obtained them , would it actually change the naval power of pakistan more then if it got another frigate?

whats the difference between a corvette and a frigate .... considering pak has has frigates and not corvettes

i know countries with strong navies have corvettes but if pakistan obtained them , would it actually change the naval power of pakistan more then if it got another frigate?

corvettes are smaller than a typical frigate.
they are best for coastal defence as they are faster and more manueverable than other warships.

corvettes are lightly armed compare to frigates and destroyers so i dont think it would make much of a difference....

Fiscal Year: 2011 Country: PAKISTAN Implementing Agency: Department of the Navy
Type of Transfer: Grant Authority

Item: USCGC ACUSHNET Model: WMEC-167 National Stock Number:

Congressional Notification Sent: Quantity Allocated: 1 Unit Acquisition Value: 2917000
Congressional Expiration: Quantity Accepted: 0 Total Acquisition Value: 2917000
Authorized to Supply: 1/19/2011 Quantity Rejected: 0 Unit Current Value: 291700
EDA Accepted: Total Quantity Delivered: 0 Total Current Value: 291700

saw this item in the EDA bulletin board - what is it?

Fiscal Year: 2011 Country: PAKISTAN Implementing Agency: Department of the Navy
Type of Transfer: Grant Authority

Item: USCGC ACUSHNET Model: WMEC-167 National Stock Number:

Congressional Notification Sent: Quantity Allocated: 1 Unit Acquisition Value: 2917000
Congressional Expiration: Quantity Accepted: 0 Total Acquisition Value: 2917000
Authorized to Supply: 1/19/2011 Quantity Rejected: 0 Unit Current Value: 291700
EDA Accepted: Total Quantity Delivered: 0 Total Current Value: 291700

saw this item in the EDA bulletin board - what is it?

Its this sir: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Acushnet_(WMEC-167)

USCGC ACUSHNET (WMEC 167) - Ship Information

A second world war ship. :)

its going to the coast guard for coastal patrols / anti-smuggling etc.

Thanx for telling!!!

Recently my younger brother gave the exam of navy, in interview he was asked "what does four dimensional navy means"??? and guess what he replied???

He said it means ships can move in four directions!!! :lol:

sorry what is 4 dimensional navy please collaborate

I think Fatman and others have answered this question before. But here again it means:
1.Surface Arm
2. Submarine Force
3. Naval Air Arm
4.Naval Marines and special forces (SSGN)

Thanx for telling!!!

Recently my younger brother gave the exam of navy, in interview he was asked "what does four dimensional navy means"??? and guess what he replied???

He said it means ships can move in four directions!!! :lol:

that is funny!!!!!

Is there any alternate to AEGIS Destroyers/similar Chinese which are cheaper AEGIS/similar like AEGIS Cruiser..

Does China has any active program of building such cruisers with aegis like combat systems.

As the majority of Acushnet's patrols became Alaska Patrols, she moved in in 1998 to Ketchikan, Alaska where she is employed in law enforcement, fisheries, and search and rescue in Alaska. This considerably shortened her transit time to the Bering Sea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Acushnet_(WMEC-167)

While both sister ships have been decommissioned, ACUSHNET continues to serve as a medium endurance cutter in the Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Alaska, Bering Sea, and Arctic Ocean. Previous plans would have brought all of the 213ft class cutters out of service by the mid-1990s, but Coast Guard policy reviews continue to extend the service-life of ACUSHNET as suitable replacements have not been identified to meet the demanding operating environment. ACUSHNET changed homeport to Ketchikan, Alaska in 1998 where she primarily patrols the Gulf of Alaska and the Bering Sea. Her primary missions include search and rescue, homeland security, maritime law enforcement, and environmental protection.
USCGC ACUSHNET (WMEC 167) - History

Originally a Diver class rescue and salvage ship, she was also used for minesweeping in WW2. Upon transfer to USCG conducted a broad range of missions including: search and rescue, counter-drug operations, fisheries enforcement, migrant interdiction, homelands security and oceanography. Decommed fri. march 11 2011. Auctioned off by US GSA (General Services Administration).

Photo history: Salvage Ship Photo Index (ARS)

Back
Top Bottom