What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

i think it is point less to debate on this futile issue until and unless we are confirmed of upgrads that OHP will be getting.
speculations wont help any good!!

regards!

Your assuming they are going to be upgraded to something like that Adelaide class. At which point obviously it would be far more advanced. That brings up the question have you even remotely heard of something like that happening ? This ship is still missing its original weapons to begin with. Who is going to pay for all this ?

Again, you are missing the point here. I am not comparing F-22P with PN or USN FFG but rather upgraded 30+ year FFGs that are in RAN and TKN service. I think you need to go through PN FFG related topics in naval section because we have already discussed PN interest to upgrade this frigate with new systems such as anti-submarine rocket which according to me could be RUM139 since PN has operated the previous version. Not to forget PN has also shown keen interest in GENESIS which only makes sense to integrate it with PN FFG fleet.
And also, MK13 and its associated system can be refurbished and put back to its original place without much additional cost.

i think it is point less to debate on this futile issue until and unless we are confirmed of upgrads that OHP will be getting.
speculations wont help any good!!

regards!

I am sure if we can speculate about Chinese 5th generation Fighters as part of PAF future fleet i think its quite fair to assume upgradation of FFGs as well.

Lockheed

P-3C-II.75 Orion

Delivered;7
Current;6
Lost;1
On Order;3

- In service from 1990

- Note: The 2 surviving aircraft from the original batch of 3 delivered were placed into storage for a number of years, but have been overhauled in 2006/2007 & returned to service. A further 7 ex-USN examples are now being supplied following the lifting of an arms embargo. The first 2 of these were delivered to Pakistan in 2007, with the third & fourth examples handed-over in the USA during January 2010. The latter were flown to Pakistan at the end of May 2010, following a spell of time spent crew training at NAS Jacksonville, Florida, where they were officially accepted in a formal ceremony on 1st June 2010.

AFI

So whats the total number on them then 6 or 7?

3 old + 4mlu =7
lost 1 from the earlier examples = 6
on order=3
total shd be=9 eventually

a good size able force to recon with,
now perhaps if we can get hand onto some 3 Hawk eye 2000 AEW, that were reported as a possible PN procurement some way back to keep an eye on our adversary activities in Arabian sea it would be ideal. or perhaps we can also opt for some chines maritime surveillance aircraft to support PN, adding a new dimension.

regards!

PN should start replacing it with P-8 Poseidon after 2015

PN should start replacing it with P-8 Poseidon after 2015

no it should not because:

1)We cannot get the Poseidon with IN already confirmed to get this system.
2)Based on our previous experiences with USA, we must not go for any platform that is to become the main stay of our forces in its relevant field from USA.
3)Better option will be to get some insight into western systems, collaborate with Turkey and/or China to get a system form a reliable source.
4)We don't need to replace them in 5 years time, specially now with the upgrades underway.

i hope i have made my point of view absolutely clear.:tup:

regards!

I've read that US plans to retire 24 P-3 Orions and reduce the number to 130 from 154 by 2010 they aready might have done it.

Is there any chance of Pakistan to acquire more of P-3 Orions apart from 3 ordered, I'm interested to know because these P-3s might be sold for lower Price tag.

PN does have the expertise to fly and maintain the Orions and acquiring 3-6 more will definately help the PN cover larger areas.

I've read that US plans to retire 24 P-3 Orions and reduce the number to 130 from 154 by 2010 they aready might have done it.

Is there any chance of Pakistan to acquire more of P-3 Orions apart from 3 ordered, I'm interested to know because these P-3s might be sold for lower Price tag.

a fleet of 9 P-3s is adequate to patrol our coast-line.

This picture showing IN on the plane .. strange :undecided:

4-Image-04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom