What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

How will PN manage its operations and what will be tactics till the gap is filled to detect enemy subs?

Don't worry, PN survived even before the Orion's....b/w the damaged one's will be replaced by new one's and i believe the request has already been made for same...

After the loss of Osama, who is going to be teaching the counter-counter terrorism courses at PMA Kakul is the more potent question....lol jk

After the loss of Osama, who is going to be teaching the counter-counter terrorism courses at PMA Kakul is the more potent question....lol jk

Are you ok?

You cant just straight away buy couple more planes at $30m each like that, when Pakistan economy is not even that big. Not as easy as 1 2 3.

I bet ur a indian guy.

Are you ok?

You cant just straight away buy couple more planes at $30m each like that, when Pakistan economy is not even that big. Not as easy as 1 2 3.

Each of the orion is worth 36-40 million$$ and Pakistan has already asked for 2 more.............We had 11 orions..........2 lost............and 2 more to be bought.

Pakistan to ask US for two more Orion planes

Pakistan to ask US for two more Orion planes

Im sure the two P-3C's will be replaced either bought our given to us in a good gesture loosing two aircrafts does not cripple the whole fleet . :coffee:

These planes were not bought by Pakistan but some of them were given out of EDA transfer and upgraded from US Funds (This fact has been carefully ignored by our press -- maybe due to the prevailing anti-American sentiments being fueled by "Hidden Hands.") . There are loads of retiring P3C 's available with US. Let us see how things pan out.

These planes were not bought by Pakistan but some of them were given out of EDA transfer and upgraded from US Funds (This fact has been carefully ignored by our press -- maybe due to the prevailing anti-American sentiments being fueled by "Hidden Hands.") . There are loads of retiring P3C 's available with US. Let us see how things pan out.

Question is.. will the US be willing to give more?

Yes. But in light of the OBL incident, further transfer of such tech to Pakistan will be under stricter Congress scrutiny (read next to impossible) as the common citizen in US is questioning the rationale for providing Pakistan with cutting edge technology when it was in fact Pakistan which apparently had been hiding OBL for seven years and that too adjacent to its prestigious military academy. No one on street in US or for that matter anywhere else will accept that ISI/PA Int Corps was not aware of his presence in a proximity to such an institute which was by default a target for any militant attack in backdrop of the 'active' role played by Pakistan as an ally of US in GWoT.

These were only 2 x aircrafts. Should not be such a major reversal in listening over the waters. US has anyway confirmed that they will replace these aircrafts after Pakistan requested as a major ally in WOT. It should not be a problem becasue US has plenty of these aircrafts from what I hear due to the change to Posiedon now. Also since US has been picking up the tab for the upgrades even, then even the replacement could be freebies then.

However, till then, in the interim, it could be possible to request China to donate some aircrafts for the time being. That could fill the need gap sufficiently.

hi every1, cant we have alternate of orien frm china or france or any other country if we r finding it tht difficult to get frm USA?

How will PN manage its operations and what will be tactics till the gap is filled to detect enemy subs?

it needs to re-commission its Atlantic 1150 ASW/MSA aircraft - they have 2 in storage and 1 is operational - further request the US to 'fast-track' the supply of 4 P3C under upgrade in the US.

Br.1150 Atlantic

Pakistan Naval Aviation

Delivered; 6
Current; 1
Lost; 1
Withdrawn; 2
Stored; 2

- In service from 1976

- Note: The first 3 deliveries in 1976 consisted of ex-French Navy examples, followed by an ex-Royal Netherlands Navy aircraft & 2 further French Atlantics in 1988. The attrition loss occurred on 10th August 1999. Only 3 Atlantics remain extant, with only a single aircraft retained in an operational condition at any one time.

- Located at 29 Squadron

Question is.. will the US be willing to give more?

I do not know Santro. But if I was incharge of policy at US State and Pentagon, I would certainly do so as it would sent a strong signal to both the Terrs. and the Pakistani people that US stands by them in their hour of need. But than that is me.

Even if US provides the two air crafts.. There will still remains some gap between now and the time when the two aircraft will be delivered.

Back
Top Bottom