What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

Nope. Your source does not says anything about SM3 other then that ASBM can target ships.

Did you miss the bold part about ships having no ballistic missile defense. SM-3 does not constitute a credible defense against ballistic missiles. And my source is the naval institute of the U.S. it isn't some news article.

Did you miss the bold part about ships having no ballistic missile defense. SM-3 does not constitute a credible defense against ballistic missiles. And my source is the naval institute of the U.S. it isn't some news article.

So you are still insisting on saying SM-3 lacks the capability to intercept ASBM? Dude do a little bit more research because you are not making sense.

So you are still insisting on saying SM-3 lacks the capability to intercept ASBM? Dude do a little bit more research because you are not making sense.

I did not against the DF-21 it doesn't.

What is it suppose to mean?

Well for one the DF-21D will have a reentry speed of mach 10 (some say mach 11) and have a complex satellite guidance system with a MaRV type payload with the reentry vehicle/s having infrared seeking. The SM-3 is not designed to intercept something like this. Directed energy weapons will be more suitable to intercept something like this. Not saying of course the SM-3 has ZERO probability of intercept but i doubt it could.

Anyone we are getting off topic. Chinese subs would still work great as an upgrade to PN they have 2 AIP subs out already.

Last edited:
Well for one the DF-21D will have a reentry speed of mach 10 (some say mach 11) and have a complex satellite guidance system with a MaRV type payload with the reentry vehicle/s having infrared seeking. The SM-3 is not designed to intercept something like this. Directed energy weapons will be more suitable to intercept something like this. Not saying of course the SM-3 has ZERO probability of intercept but i doubt it could.
Wrong again. DF-21D before its final guidance stage is pretty much a BM and SM-3 has been tested against mach 10 BM.

Wrong again. DF-21D before its final guidance stage is pretty much a BM and SM-3 has been tested against mach 10 BM.

No your wrong

What makes the DF-21D unique is its payload: a maneuverable re-entry vehicle (MaRV) equipped with a conventional warhead and either radar or infrared terminal homing. This would indeed pose a threat to the U.S. Navy because existing ship-borne defense systems are designed to protect against sea-skimming anti-ship cruise missiles; a MaRV would approach its target along a ballistic trajectory within a cone that is poorly covered by existing systems.

SM-3 has a range of 500km the DF-21 would near its final phase by then.

Last edited:
yaar i am not being anti chinese its you who is being sensitive about China.
no brother i am not, i dont want to say again that its you but you can check the last 15 posts or so and you can see a lot of other members saying the same!

What new class? Just tell me if this "new" class sub is technically par with Type-214 or even the Marlin and that its a wise decision to go for Chinese AIP sub.
why dont you tell us how it is not on par, do you know any of its specs?
dont you think it is point less to call them junk (that how you are pretending) just because they dont bear the high price westren tag?

Dude, Saab-2000 has as much pakistani input as in ZDK-03. And if what you are saying is what PN or PAF should go by then saab-2000 and P-3 deal would have never taken place. ;)
its not about SAAB-2000 or ZDK-03 but its about SAAB Srieye or KJ-200 systems!
i never say that Hawkeye is useless but i would like a prove that we will actually we getting them, and i hope it wont belike the F-16 ie delivered in 25 years time!
if we dont get hawkeye, i bet there wont be more erieye but KJ-200 as pakistan can share there knowledge of srieye and get the KJ-200 modified as per requirment, which in case of erieye wont be possible both technically and economicaly!

regards!

regards

O really? I never expected such a low class reply from you sir, for a long time you are trying to throw mud at me. I mean seriously if this was the criteria then no one here including you has the right to talk on naval subjects since no one from this forum has served in F-22P or in DOD.

Even a 13 year old kid could tell F-22P is not a quality system. For god sake its merely a upgraded type-053h3 and even a 30 year upgraded OHP out performs this F-22P in all fields.

oh stop it now,
we have discussed this chapter in the relavant thread, there was not a single good point to prove the F-22p a peice of junk.
you always talk about it as if it is a finshing boat which it is not, it is the most modren ship in servise with PN and is bound to be same even after the OHP!
we mus not discuss it here but if you have a real point supporting that it is of no good i will again invite you and other intrested members to the relavant thread where we can sortit out once more!
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/4779-f-22p-news-discussions.html

regards!

O really? I never expected such a low class reply from you sir, for a long time you are trying to throw mud at me. I mean seriously if this was the criteria then no one here including you has the right to talk on naval subjects since no one from this forum has served in F-22P or in DOD.

Even a 13 year old kid could tell F-22P is not a quality system. For god sake its merely a upgraded type-053h3 and even a 30 year upgraded OHP out performs this F-22P in all fields.

Buddy, the low class is shown by you with your pathetic replies and knowledge and taking everything personally, as this is not the first time you have taken things personally, whenever someone refutes your net based knowledge filled posts, you get personal. People with true knowledge reply with real knowledge, not personal insults just like the reply you gave above. It shows your true class of personality and knowledge. Had you been knowledgeable you would have given a reply based on facts, not with personal insults.

And as for throwing mud on you, well i hardly reply to your posts as the i know what level knowledge you posses, so its not worth to reply to your posts as its useless.

Well you may be a 13 year old kid who without knowing anything about a system can judge that its American so it must be better, its not American and it not better.

So keep living in your fantasies and pathetic low class knowledge filled pool.

And if you came up with another of your trade mark insult filled post, you will be out for good.

for here lets gt over chines subs and F-22p,
get back on the P-3C!

regards!

Buddy, the low class is shown by you with your pathetic replies and knowledge and taking everything personally, as this is not the first time you have taken things personally, whenever someone refutes your net based knowledge filled posts, you get personal. People with true knowledge reply with real knowledge, not personal insults just like the reply you gave above. It shows your true class of personality and knowledge. Had you been knowledgeable you would have given a reply based on facts, not with personal insults.

And as for throwing mud on you, well i hardly reply to your posts as the i know what level knowledge you posses, so its not worth to reply to your posts as its useless.

Well you may be a 13 year old kid who without knowing anything about a system can judge that its American so it must be better, its not American and it not better.

So keep living in your fantasies and pathetic low class knowledge filled pool.

whoops!
lets get over and done with it dear! :partay:

back to the P-3C please!
:cheers:

so what about the upgrades? the hawkeye as suggested by Growler are perhaps a bit delayed due to the floods!

well it makes sense that any new military hardware procurement will be effected for sure, it sounds real odd that on one side you are asking for aid and on the other you are going shopping for guns ;), we will have to sit tight for a moment or two now.
i hope this hold true for hawkeye, the P-3 upgrades will perhaps saty on track!

comment?

regards!

regards!

Though the F-22p may not be very advanced it is still a good platform for multirole. As far as the OHP out preforming it i highly doubt that. Since it has no MK-13 launcher or associated systems (Separate Target Illumination Radar) and i have yet to see a picture confirm it has its Phalanx 20mm CIWS intact. Besides the ceremony video where i could not see it.

There is a reason Turkey put all OHPs through a complete combat management system upgrade. We do not put anything through a upgrade unless it is something that is lacking or outdated. Even if the OHP see a refit of their original weapons they still lack the situational awareness and detect/response times modern frigates do. OHP isn't anything groundbreaking or modern.

If the first OHP comes out of refurb without CIWS, then it is likely this will be transferred from a Type 21 when it retires (3 of them are equipped with the R2D2)

Perhaps OHP isn't anything ground breaking or modern, but it will provide e.g. an ASW detection capability superior to anything PN currently has. For PN that adds situational awareness and should not be discounted or dismissed off-hand (even if there are more modern of capable ships than OHP).

Remember this, Growler

Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced

NATO SSKs do this routinely during exercises. It is simply a given that under the right conditions SSKs are very hard to detect, even older and relatively unsophisticated SSKs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom