What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

USA is just giving out old weapons paltform to PN, you really think USA would give you P-8I ( btw I stand for India ) , plus P-8I happens to be better ( much better ) than PC-3Orion

Abay bhai pahlay koi USA jet lay tu loww......Abhi tu P-8I USA Navy ko bhi nahi mila
India have bought P-8I, which is not coming b4 2014.
But we are getting 12 super doper maritime surveillance aircraft equipped with Hawkeye 2000 AEW system. and u dont have any with that sort of capabe aircraft.

Abay bhai pahlay koi USA jet lay tu loww......Abhi tu P-8I USA Navy ko bhi nahi mila
India have bought P-8I, which is not coming b4 2014.
But we are getting super doper maritime surveillance aircraft that u dont have coparable capability.

Well if we got them in 2014 so what ????
they are much batter that retired P3C

Well if we got them in 2014 so what ????
they are much batter that retired P3C

After 5 years we would also be having so much new things. and to increase ur knowledge 2014 is just a projected period of P-8I. May be it will take 2 to 3 more years. :D

Last edited:
PAF P-3C Orion

Four-engine turboprop anti-submarine and maritime surveillance aircraft maritime patrol, reconnaissance, anti-surface warfare with latest design and warfare packages.

The P-3 has an internal bomb bay under the front fuselage which can house conventional Mark 50 torpedoes or Mark 46 torpedoes and/or special (nuclear) weapons. Additional underwing stations, or pylons, can carry other armament configurations including the AGM-84 Harpoon, AGM-84E SLAM, AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER, the AGM-65 Maverick, 5 in (127 mm) Zuni rockets, and various other sea mines, missiles, and gravity bombs

The P-3 is equipped with a Magnetic Anomaly Detector (MAD) in the tail. This instrument is able to detect the magnetic anomaly generated by a submarine in the Earth's magnetic field.
Equipped with Hawkeye 2000 AEW system
Fitted with a variety of sensors. They include digital multi-mode radar, electronic support measures, electro-optics detectors (infra-red and visual), magnetic anomaly detectors, identification friend or foe systems, and acoustic detectors
Maximum speed: 411 kn (750 km/h)

Missiles: AGM-84 Harpoon, the Standoff Land Attack Missile, AGM-65 Maverick[1]
Sonobuoys: 48 Pre-loaded, 50+ Deployable from inside
Other: Mk 46[1], Mk 50 and MU90 Impact torpedoes, mines, depth charges

IAF P-8I

Its developed from Boeing 737

It is intended to conduct anti-submarine warfare, shipping interdiction, and to engage in an electronic intelligence (ELINT) role. This will involve carrying torpedoes, depth charges, AGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles, and other weapons. It will also be able to drop and monitor sonobuoys (for underwater acoustic research)

Its the replacment of P-3 which had its range/time on station capabilities reduced due to increasing weight.
and these aircrafts would replace Indian Navy's aging Tupolev Tu-142M maritime surveillance turboprops
It has also the Data Link II communications technology that will enable exchange of tactical data and messages between Indian Navy aircraft, ships and shore establishments. Boeing will install the system during P-8I final assembly

Maximum speed: 490 knots (907 km/h)
Raytheon APY-10 multi-mission surface search radar[28]
(Advanced Airborne Sensor surface search radar and SIGINT package to be follow on system

Last edited:
PAF P-3C Orion

Four-engine turboprop anti-submarine and maritime surveillance aircraft maritime patrol, reconnaissance, anti-surface warfare with latest design and warfare packages.

The P-3 has an internal bomb bay under the front fuselage which can house conventional Mark 50 torpedoes or Mark 46 torpedoes and/or special (nuclear) weapons. Additional underwing stations, or pylons, can carry other armament configurations including the AGM-84 Harpoon, AGM-84E SLAM, AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER, the AGM-65 Maverick, 5 in (127 mm) Zuni rockets, and various other sea mines, missiles, and gravity bombs

The P-3 is equipped with a Magnetic Anomaly Detector (MAD) in the tail. This instrument is able to detect the magnetic anomaly generated by a submarine in the Earth's magnetic field.
Equipped with Hawkeye 2000 AEW system
Fitted with a variety of sensors. They include digital multi-mode radar, electronic support measures, electro-optics detectors (infra-red and visual), magnetic anomaly detectors, identification friend or foe systems, and acoustic detectors
Maximum speed: 411 kn (750 km/h)

Missiles: AGM-84 Harpoon, the Standoff Land Attack Missile, AGM-65 Maverick[1]
Sonobuoys: 48 Pre-loaded, 50+ Deployable from inside
Other: Mk 46[1], Mk 50 and MU90 Impact torpedoes, mines, depth charges

IAF P-8I

Its developed from Boeing 737

It is intended to conduct anti-submarine warfare, shipping interdiction, and to engage in an electronic intelligence (ELINT) role. This will involve carrying torpedoes, depth charges, AGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles, and other weapons. It will also be able to drop and monitor sonobuoys (for underwater acoustic research)

Its the replacment of P-3 which had its range/time on station capabilities reduced due to increasing weight.
and these aircrafts would replace Indian Navy's aging Tupolev Tu-142M maritime surveillance turboprops
It has also the Data Link II communications technology that will enable exchange of tactical data and messages between Indian Navy aircraft, ships and shore establishments. Boeing will install the system during P-8I final assembly

Maximum speed: 490 knots (907 km/h)
Raytheon APY-10 multi-mission surface search radar[28]
(Advanced Airborne Sensor surface search radar and SIGINT package to be follow on system

The P-8 also uses a new Hydro-Carbon Sensor to detect fuel vapors from diesel submarines.Not sure what's the effective altitude for the detection of subs by this system.
If the sub is cruising at high speed with diesel propulsion rather than AIP(which is just for silent cruising) .Then it might become a soft target.With Poseidon going high to scan the suspicious area.
And additional tech which the P-3C orions lacks i guess.

And i'm waiting for the detailed info of upgradation suite for P-3C as well.:rolleyes:

After 5 years we would also be having so much new things. and to increase ur knowledge 2014 is just a projected period of P-8I. May be it will take 2 to 3 more years. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Dude how old you are

“Under the RFP (request for proposal) of the Indian Navy, the first aircraft has to be delivered within 48 months of the contract being signed and the remaining within an eight-year time frame,” Buck said.

P8I aircraft will give Indian Navy maritime patrol edge: Boeing

India will get the first P-8I within 4 years, i.e. end-2012 or early-2013, the rest following in a phased manner by 2015. The contract also provides an option for India to order four to eight more such planes.
Indian navy orders 8 Boeing P-8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft | Bangalore Aviation
if they delay initial delivery so how can they manage another order ???

Hi,

P3C is not an obsolete plane and neither the equipment it has is obsolete.

You see in planes like these, you ought to have a very capable, trained and pro-active crew. Pakistan navy have experienced this plane for a long time now---they indeed are a seasoned group of operators---this plane can do as good a job as is needed. A good operator and a commander who listens can make all the difference.

So, basically there is no concern on this front---P3c's will be doing their jobs for a long time.

The old russian planes---I believe the il 38's fitted for naval maritime roles and anti sub operations---with the right kind of crew were still potent lately.

img0367dl.jpg

Orion is not retired , its still a very capable platform. But P8I is next gen and India has ordered 4 more to make the total number 12. And the new reports say P8I is not onyl going to be sureviellance oriented but armed too for anti Sub and Anti-surface warfare with harpoons, depth charges, torpedos.

we have been hearing about this Hawkeye 2000 AEW system but i dont this there is anything solid on its back.
any news regardsing this, i guess PN is now looking forward to KJ-200 for this role as the Hawkeye 2000 AEW is scraped!

and to say the truth, its good!

regards!

Any comparison between P3C Orion and E-2 Hawkeye 2000 is flawed as they are very different types of airplanes intended for very different roles and tasks.

we have been hearing about this Hawkeye 2000 AEW system but i dont this there is anything solid on its back.
any news regardsing this, i guess PN is now looking forward to KJ-200 for this role as the Hawkeye 2000 AEW is scraped!

regards!

Please enlighten us in what aspect is the kj-200 better then P-3 AEW? You do know that hawkeye system is one of the most tested reliable platform in the world.

Please enlighten us in what aspect is the kj-200 better then P-3 AEW? You do know that hawkeye system is one of the most tested reliable platform in the world.

please can you enlighten where i said that KJ-200 is better then Hawkeye :what:

Originally Posted by arsalanaslam123

regards!

Growler, you are like a brother to me.
i would appreciate if you can go throuh entire post befor starting your favourite "chinese systems are crap" deal! :tup:
:cheers:

i hope you will take this in positive sense!

comming to the point, all i was trying to convey was that we havent heared any thing regarding Haweye of late, it may perhaps be a case of delaying tactic US are real good at and have successfull made fool of us many times in the past by this method or the deal is dead once and for all!
this means that PN will be left with no other real option but to look forward to KJ-200!

regards!

Last edited:
Any comparison between P3C Orion and E-2 Hawkeye 2000 is flawed as they are very different types of airplanes intended for very different roles and tasks.

no comparison!
just pointing out that havent heared about HAweye deal of late and to me it is as dead as the U214 deal..

i really wish we can get these!
a real potent platform, no doubt about that.
we have discussed it in detail on a relavant thread

regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom