What's new

Pakistan must reassess ties with Israel: Saleem Mandviwalla

I agree. A great change is afoot in Pakistan. When I first began to engage with Paks on internet in early 2000s just mentioning Israel was a sin. Over last two decades things have began to change. Particulary after the godfather Saudia Arabia and UAE made love to Israel.

And what are these?
Allow me to explain.
See , history of Gujarat region.
Its a mercantile province , its ports of broach and Surat famous for trading with middle east .
Having lived in Gujarat for few years , even though I'm not Gujarati myself.
I have noticed that , these guys have a knack of compromise .
I know it sounds very akward but compared to folks from the north like punjabis , rajputs etc who have some notions of honour , these guys are purely mercantile in mindset .their friendship transactional , Infact Gujarat state in India sends not even 500 men to army per year , considering indian army is 1.2 Million strong, retires 50000 men and recruits 60000 men each year on an average
Due to this nature , and to prosper in business you have to do comprises.
Infact jain bankers from ahmedabd funded, Aurangzebs long wars in Deccan.
This person , mandvivala is seeing some financial benefit for pakistan, that's why he is suggesting such a thing which is pretty much unthinkable in Pakistan.

Jiski party meeting mein koi sunta nahin to wo ye gobar bol ke mashahoor hojata hein

My logic is simple if you say we are supporting Muslims in Palestine why not rohingya if you are here to selection Islam do not allows

So either agree that we do support Palestine due to get some money in return but rohingya don't offer much

If I go to this logic we are selling integrity we have nothing to do with Islam

We are here for dollars
Fair logic, you just don't want to be a hypocrite.

We have to draw a line somewhere...:rofl:
Line of injustice hypocracy line ends when some one puts dollars in my pocket my soul is on sale is that what line is all about

Line of injustice hypocracy line ends when some one puts dollars in my pocket my soul is on sale is that what line is all about
If it is true than we are worst than jews

I am indifferent in our stance against recognizing Israel. What are we truly benefitting from this?

I hate how we Pakistanis like to think ourselves as the protectors of Islam and believe we are to somehow take a stand against the empire that is Israel while rich powerful nations like KSA and UAE couldn't care less.

Maybe if we were a strong self reliant country, I would feel proud of standing up for the muslim world and poor Palestinians, but the truth is we are a poor nation who is not only reliant on foreign aid but is once again on the verge of defaulting.

Not to mention we are practically tissue paper for the US. Our military establishment has been their whores since the 50s

Disclaimer: I am not advocating for establishing relations with Israel.

For those who are asking where Israel can help us, Israel can help us a lot in IT and agriculture. Once again let me remind you that I am not advocating for establishing relations with Israel.
Pakistan is capable of helping itself, as long as it adheres to its official slogan: “Faith, Unity, Discipline”. If Pakistan can better manage itself, collaborate with countries in its region, and generally incentivize people to reinvest as much as possible into their businesses, then Pakistan has considerable room for growth considering how inefficient it is and how fast the population is growing.

What can Israel supposedly help Pakistan with that isn’t already being done by Pakistani startups as in the following video?

What can Israel do for Pakistan in IT, that Pakistani Startups aren’t doing already?

Pakistan is capable of helping itself, as long as it adheres to its official slogan: “Faith, Unity, Discipline”. If Pakistan can better manage itself, collaborate with countries in its region, and generally incentivize people to reinvest as much as possible into their businesses, then Pakistan has considerable room for growth considering how inefficient it is and how fast the population is growing.

What can Israel supposedly help Pakistan with that isn’t already being done by Pakistani startups as in the following video?

What can Israel do for Pakistan in IT, that Pakistani Startups aren’t doing already?

Israel is more innovative than pretty much all but maybe 4 countries in this world, that's on top of being so small.

Israel is more innovative than pretty much all but maybe 4 countries in this world, that's on top of being so small.
Sure, but the other countries and Israel produce everything commercially, if it becomes an issue and there is a demand the startups will catch-up. Be it cross breeding to create the right seed variety to suit whatever is needed to putting nutrients into drip irrigation or using fungi to extend plant roots, or using lady bugs as natural insecticide, commercial business will catch-up, especially if it is an established technology. It’s all about applied research tailored for local needs, and if there’s money to be made private companies will do the research or acquire it.

As far as other technologies Pakistan can not get via startups, Pakistan plans to acquire via joint ventures with Chinese companies as part of CPEC.

Besides, Pakistan won’t being getting ToT of the “latest technology” (such as highest yield seeds and how to make them ourselves, no one sells that technology, ex. Monsanto) even if it had collaborated with israel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom