What's new

Pakistan moves ahead of India in nuclear stockpile

thats just my opinion and am entitled to my opinion as much as u are to yours.

The other member claimed that Pakistan doesn't has any plotunium based nukes while today the western analyt estimates are only for plutonium based warheads of Pakistan

No-ji,my question wasn't about any of that,but purely a technical one.Nuclear warheads can be out of Uranium too,right?

pak unlike india doesnt have ballistic/cruise mizzile protection. nuking pakistan with full blown nuclear attack will wipe it out from the world map. there wont be any **** left to retaliate. :azn:

pak unlike india doesnt have ballistic/cruise mizzile protection. nuking pakistan with full blown nuclear attack will wipe it out from the world map. there wont be any **** left to retaliate. :azn:
I live in Canada. Some in US. Oh wait, you can't reach these countries.

Could be because india even today has only one operational plutonium production reactor while 4th khushab series reactor is complted on Pakistan side

As of 1999 India had about 4200 kg weapons grade plutonium...A plutonium based weapon requires 4-5 Kg plutonium whereas uranium based weapons require about 20 Kg HEU.

Pakistani weapons program is predominantly HEU based..infact of 6 devices tested in Chagai..5 were HEU.

It only recently started making plutonium based weapons. up untill mid 2000s there was no mention of plutonium based weapons in Pakistani arsenal.

Yes but uranium warheads are not as destructive as plutonium based are.The other factor is the amount of uranium and plutonium being used.

Thanks for the reply mate,I've done some reading too,the best example would be between Little boy and Fat Man

In Little Boy (Uranium Based) 65kg gave 16 kt,while in Fat Man (Plutonium based) 6.2 Kg gave 21kt.:o:

build a new generation of lighter, more powerful weapons. Plutonium-based weapons can have more explosive yield in smaller, lighter packages than weapons based on weapon-grade uranium. Pakistan appears to want warheads small enough to fit on cruis

It says you currently have uranium based devices and is increasing plutonium production in order to pursue development of plutonium based N weapons.AFAIK most of your weapons are HEU based.And you haven't tested plutonium based devices-yet.

You're still not making sense. Where did you assume Pakistan has BMD? Here is what I wrote "you invest and make your missles better, faster and whatnot. Because it is not logical to send 10 missles to lahore because not all of them will reach."
So I have no idea what you're speaking about. To help you understand, I'll repeat. Pakistan AND India, both need to invest and make their missles better than to keep making more warheads.

Let me quote your fellow Indian, because after all, you saw I have Pakistani flag on my profile and I'm some sort of anti-Indian.

"Having 100 nukes does not mean that every single one of them can be delivered. A good portion of them may be destroyed in a first strike, a big number may be destroyed in the process of delivery (shooting down of aircrafts or even missiles), some may be undeployable because of disruption of command and control. That is why a certain number is needed for effective deterrence."

By janon. Disruption of command and control is big one.

And: "No one said the present system is unreliable."

Here is what I said, which you quoted, and failed to read and understand. I didn't say you've unreliable system. But since you brought it up, and as your countryman said "disruption of command and control," to an extent, you've unreliable system. I'll quote, to an "extent."

"This means you do not have a "capable" system."

Unreliable and not capable are two different things. Let me write out defination for you.

Incapable: unable to do or achieve (something).
Unreliable: not able to be relied upon.

OK here is what you say-''it is not logical to send 10 missles to lahore because not all of them will reach."

here is what the poster you quoted states says-A good portion of them may be destroyed in a first strike, a big number may be destroyed in the process of delivery (shooting down of aircrafts or even missiles), some may be undeployable because of disruption of command and control.

Did you get it?

To prevent our delivery systems getting destroyed in first strike- we have developed SLBMs ( 4000 km range K 4,100 km range K 15 ) & canisterised systems.

And in case of shooting down of aircrafts ,only a very small number of Indian N weapons are meant to be delivered by aircraft.

And in case of shooting down missiles ,Pakistan is yet to develop any BMD system & China hasn't yet developed one capable enough to intercept an ICBM .A highly maneuverable Shaped trajectory missile or an MIRV can counter BMD anyway.

So when we send one of our missiles to Lahore,it would reach there for sure.

Children post that image. Now do you understand what I meant with the "sort of brain" comment?

The facepalm ? wel I guess that statement deserved it.

Back
Top Bottom