What's new

Pakistan moves ahead of India in nuclear stockpile

It says you currently have uranium based devices and is increasing plutonium production in order to pursue development of plutonium based N weapons.AFAIK most of your weapons are HEU based.And you haven't tested plutonium based devices-yet.

Really?For God sake start using brain

From the same source

In total, through 2010, Pakistan has produced enough weapon-grade uranium and plutonium for roughly 100-170 nuclear weapons. Based on available information, the number of deployed weapons is probably less. Assuming that about 30 percent of its stock of weapon-grade uranium and plutonium is located in its weapons production pipeline, stored, or otherwise unused in weapons, Pakistan has an estimated total of 70-120 nuclear weapons. It can currently add to that stock at the rate of about 7-14 warheads per year and that value will go up to 19-26 warheads per year when all four Khushab reactors are operational.

Chagai-II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chagai II was plutonium based

As of 1999 India had about 4200 kg weapons grade plutonium...A plutonium based weapon requires 4-5 Kg plutonium whereas uranium based weapons require about 20 Kg HEU.

Pakistani weapons program is predominantly HEU based..infact of 6 devices tested in Chagai..5 were HEU.

It only recently started making plutonium based weapons. up untill mid 2000s there was no mention of plutonium based weapons in Pakistani arsenal.

lol,Pakistan started annual production of Plutonium from khushab I in 1996-98.While the new labs in PAR series reactor were producing plutonium since 1980's.Pakistan also had tritium production facilities since 80's.

Pakistan currently don't have active warhead of HEU based but rather only plutonium based today.

Read my above reply,All the estimate based for Pakistan current stockpile only consider Plutonium based warheads.

MAMA,This is not 90's anymore.

Thanks for the reply mate,I've done some reading too,the best example would be between Little boy and Fat Man

In Little Boy (Uranium Based) 65kg gave 16 kt,while in Fat Man (Plutonium based) 6.2 Kg gave 21kt.:o:

This is the major reason.

Add tritium further to increase the yield even more

Last edited:
lol,Pakistan started annual production of Plutonium from khushab I in 1996-98.While the new labs in PAR series reactor were producing plutonium since 1980's.Pakistan also had tritium production facilities since 80's.

Pakistan currently don't have active warhead of HEU based but rather only plutonium based today.

Read my above reply,All the estimate based for Pakistan current stockpile only consider Plutonium based warheads.

MAMA,This is not 90's anymore.

So what did you do with your HEU weapons..when were they decommissioned, considering you have only tested one plutonium weapon so far and its yield was far less than what was expected(2-5 kt measures against claimed yield 18 kts)..that is taking a big chance.
and do show, where its written that all Pakistani current stockpile is plutonium based?

In total, through 2010, Pakistan has produced enough weapon-grade uranium and plutonium for roughly 100-170 nuclear weapons. Based on available information, the number of deployed weapons is probably less. Assuming that about 30 percent of its stock of weapon-grade uranium and plutonium is located in its weapons production pipeline, stored, or otherwise unused in weapons, Pakistan has an estimated total of 70-120 nuclear weapons. It can currently add to that stock at the rate of about 7-14 warheads per year and that value will go up to 19-26 warheads per year when all four Khushab reactors are operational.

Does it Really matter if 110 < 120 ?
Does it Really matter if Nuclear weapon , once used and detonated was made of Uranium or Plutonium ?

Robert McNmara famously stated... Nuclear wepons are to be Nver..Nver Nver used... if u do... its a suicide...

The interesting qs. is how many MORE nukes before karachi like attacks stop in pakistan ?

Nuclear wepons do not necessarily mean security.

Does it Really matter if Nuclear weapon , once used and detonated was made of Uranium or Plutonium ?

Robert McNmara famously stated... Nuclear wepons are to be Nver..Nver Nver used... if u do... its a suicide...

The interesting qs. is how many MORE nukes before karachi like attacks stop in pakistan ?

Hey Xinix bro.........hows you? Shaadi key baad toh bhul hi gye :D

nukes dont detter terrorist. they only deter rational countries from invading.

First they will test it on Dhaka if it is working then they will use it on India............

India deserve a good quality nuke

Same will go with India............Pakistan also deserves the BEST!!

You will eat the Indian nuke and the Pakistani nuke will go inside your home. Happy now?
You're going to be the 1st people they attack. You thing they have fogiven bongladesh for 1971 lies about genocide?

I don't take any kind of words from meanies like you!

When do we plan on moving ahead of India in education, economy, social peace and scientific fields?

Well in nuclear stockpile race as well ,Pakistan is lagging miles and miles from India.
All sources claiming otherwise are BULLSHITTING.
India has 100s time more weapon grade material production than that of Pakistan.

LOL in the bongla desh section they are trying to prove that Iranians and Pathans settled in bongla desh. They are a fun people! This one here proposed changing Brahmi-based script to Perso-Arabic. Maybe it will make them Perso-Arabic?
I avoid the BD section,the shit that passes there is enough to lower einstein's iq to double digits.
But it seems our eastern neighbours have the same hobby of conjuring up dubious ancestral claims as our western neighbours.Claiming Iranian ancestry when the Iranian themselves would feel insulted by such claims.

I avoid the BD section,the shit that passes there is enough to lower einstein's iq to double digits.
But it seems our eastern neighbours have the same hobby of conjuring up dubious ancestral claims as our western neighbours.Claiming Iranian ancestry when the Iranian themselves would feel insulted by such claims.

I really do feel sorry for them. People should feel so ashamed of who they are that they must pretend to be someone else. I think even Africans should be proud to be Africans.

I really do feel sorry for them. People should feel so ashamed of who they are that they must pretend to be someone else. I think even Africans should be proud to be Africans.
Africans are proud of themselves,at least most that I have interacted with.It's just our bad luck to have two neighbours ashamed of their real history,not to mention massive stockholm syndrome.

Africans are proud of themselves,at least most that I have interacted with.It's just our bad luck to have two neighbours ashamed of their real history,not to mention massive stockholm syndrome.

Indeed. The Purvas are worse in mentality than the Pascima though, from what I have observed.

Back
Top Bottom