What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

What about the mi35s in PA's fleets have their performance been satisfactory or underwhelming since PA never ordered more.
I figure mi35s/z10mes can be good HI-LOW combo
The Mi-35s were ordered for air assault work in the FATA with troop carrying capability. With the operations winding down in FATA, there isn't a big need for more platforms of this type. Perhaps PAA will purchase a few more but this platform was never going to be inducted in large numbers or as a replacement for Cobra attack helicopters.

Instead of MI 35 induction of more Mi 17 seems more realistic..

Alot rumours for russian weapons were in air, these seems just rumours like, Su35, Mi 26, T90, etc

@iLION12345_1 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @PanzerKiel @blain2 Do you gentlemen see attack helicopters being replaced by UCAVs in the next decade or earlier?
I do not. UCAVs are very good for some roles but there are some things only helicopters can do right now and hence both need to work in tandem. UCAVs cannot advance with armored columns and troops at low altitude, they cannot be equipped with cannons to engage individual troops and positions to provide covering or suppressing fire, they are more vulnerable to enemy aircraft at higher altitudes as the SHORADs cannot cover them etc. Maybe we will see more helicopter style UCAVs in the near future though, those can definitely replace gunships.

I do not. UCAVs are very good for some roles but there are some things only helicopters can do right now and hence both need to work in tandem. UCAVs cannot advance with armored columns and troops at low altitude, they cannot be equipped with cannons to engage individual troops and positions to provide covering or suppressing fire, they are more vulnerable to enemy aircraft at higher altitudes as the SHORADs cannot cover them etc. Maybe we will see more helicopter style UCAVs in the near future though, those can definitely replace gunships.
But air helicopter can be replaced with unmanned helicopters having good load capacity

Already experimenting with such in China, here's a quadcopter in PAP use:
papquad.jpg

What helicopters is Pakistan buying/getting now or in near future,
Z-10 , Mi-35s or T129 ??

The Mi-35s were ordered for air assault work in the FATA with troop carrying capability. With the operations winding down in FATA, there isn't a big need for more platforms of this type. Perhaps PAA will purchase a few more but this platform was never going to be inducted in large numbers or as a replacement for Cobra attack helicopters.
There were many combinations that PAA could have sought out:

1. 60's and 70's - AH1 with UH-1
2. 80's - Mi-25 with Mi-17
3. 2000's - AH-64 with UH-60 and OH-58

Hi at the end of the day like J10 if nothing on the horizon from USA finally Z10 will land soon coz pakistan doesn’t have money for shopping free so only option left is Chinese to some extent Chinese are transforming Z10 way better then it was before
in the meanwhile if Turkish able to get their own engine for ATAK that will land too in PAA
thank you

how about this:sniper:
china
042b-kffctca4595800.jpg
37fd-kffctca4594315.jpg
2239-kffctca4595844.jpg

usa
900-0031b.jpg

means that right?

Back
Top Bottom