What's new

Pakistan Domestic 155 mm artillery gun is under test and trial : HIT

Send the article.

Check the last page, armour plating and 12.7mm mounts.
Not sure this is the right thread to post it.
Anyways, I'm done derailing this thread.
My apologies to the mods 😬

Attachments

• hqfc68-308.pdf
    815.6 KB · Views: 77
it better be self propelled and now towed

155mm shells are already built by POF

making a gun is big news

South Korea helped Turkey

if Pakistan can do it great news
I think it's probably towed, from their we can go for SPs.
We already have the expertise to refurbish 155mm barrels at HIT, this is a natural progression. Let's hope it passes the trials.

Last edited:
I think the in-house 155 mm project could be more about achieving wider-scale 155 mm adoption. We have many hundreds of towed pieces to replace, so the PA is looking for a minimum viable product that will get the job done for most scenarios.

However, I think an imported 155 mm howitzer is still on the cards as the Army wants to start using V-LAP shells. I lean more on the cautious side with the HIT project -- i.e., it likely doesn't have V-LAP compatibility -- so an off-the-shelf system is probably required regardless of how the HIT program does.

Problem is somehwere
Either in FC command(if they arent asking for MRAPs) or GHQ if they arenot providing it

There is no otherway to sugar coat it..its simply invompetence
Problem is in GHQ

Yes FC and Rangers are under Ministry of Interior just like ISI is under Imran Khan and I am batman. We all know the reality so please. This FC family members protesting trust this is about to spread in entire Pakistan. Lot of family members of armed forces also are members of forums like these and know these matters. Trust me this issue would soon get out of control.
Dear Hazrat Batman,

Since you know that lot of family members of armed forces are here, then repeatedly raising hue and cry over same matter and hijacking threads to suit your concerns may not be the most suitable path. A new path which leads through an effective medium can thus be chosen to transform your concerns into reality.

Thank you
T-69 or m113 are not mraps and are not what FC needs
How about a few 155mm howitzers to bombard BLA and BLF hideouts ? :laugh:

Last edited:
Mraps won’t make a difference terrorists will just use bigger ieds.
A better solution is improving our intelligence getting our spies into every terrorist group, into every tribe, every liberal university in Pakistan and, in every city in Balochistan. Having many spies in every tribe and city in Balochistan will let us know who sheltering these terrorists or who joins them. Having spies in every university will let us know which professors making them join terrorists groups and who is joining them. And having spies in every terrorist group will let us know about the attack before it happens.
We should eliminate people who fund terrorist, shelter them, and make people join terrorist groups. Insurgency won’t die by you just killing foot soldiers you have to kill the people the insurgency’s relies on than the insurgency will naturally die out.

An aircraft can take out any moving target as well with ease

With near 500-600 enemy aircraft within a few hundred miles, I'd take my chances with SP because I can change my position very quickly. Any fire finder radar, satellite, etc., can locate my column of stationary artillery and can direct an air assault, guided munitions, or direct live fire within minutes. In the future wars, agility is the name of the game.

A country like China is having to build so many ghost missile silos to fool the US satellites and intelligence, just to reduce the opponents ability to direct attacks towards it's fixed columns.

How about a few 155mm howitzers to bombard BLA and BLF hideouts ?
Not a bad idea at all. Cantonments like Sibi/Turbat/Zhob can station 5-6 155mm howitzers.

Fly one small drone for reconnaissance over a suspicious area in mountains (intelligence tip offs) if targets are found, aim the guns there and fire them. Most 155mm guns have an effective range of 40km depending on the ammunition, instead of sending a squad to get ambushed or sniped, blow the whole valley up. It's definitely quicker than sending men there. Plus, terrorists would be vary of it too.

Can work as a fail-safe too, if things get out of control.
Plus if they're lightweight or SP, they can be rapidly deployed to the borders or near areas requiring artillery in operations.

(All of this can be done with rocket artillery as well, but I don't exactly know which one is more economical)

HIT was already domestically producing a limited number (100?) of Turkish 155mm artillery pieces. So developing a 155mm gun doesnt make much sense unless there are 2 possibilities:

1) The 155m gun will be a light weight howitzers similar to the Chinese AH-4. Something which can be transported to strategic heights via the MI17. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco_AH4_155mm_Howitzer#:~:text=The towed AH4 howitzer is,which allows greater tactical mobility.&text=Also, as a modern howitzer,km using rocket-assisted projectiles.

2) The 155mm Gun will be a self propelled artillery gun.

3) A combination of the 2. It would be make sense for Pakistan to create a 155mm self propelled gun turrent that can be used to upgrade that 1000+ tanks that are due for retirement. Pakistan could produce a limited number of towed pieces while created a universal 155m self propelled turrent platform that can be used to updated T59s, T69s, etc... in the army. Many countries are doing this for cost saving/logistics.

Pakistan already has 500+ self propelled guns mostly of american origin. If we can even convert 300-400 tanks to modern self propelled guns it would be a major boost to artillery brigades.

In the next few years we will induct 300 AK1s and 300 VT4s to the army. I could easily see 800 tanks due to retire.

That depends upon production cap rather than cost increase due to transport.
Judging by discussions in some threads here HIT is not even producing AK-1s to full capacity and there is a lack of funds for procurement of such systems.
So opening another facility doesn't make sense atm.
If it's a SPG I won't be surprised if it's
sph-15View attachment 773986
Supply hain is not just about transport its much more than that

USA had alot more? What happened? Did they win?

This is an interesting concept. How could the US have won anything when it had a few thousand troops and it was always limited to a few airbases outside of 34 provinces (I believe)? I agree the withdrawal was chaotic and it sure as hell feels like we just walked away. But that's what happens when the President of the US says leave as he's

An aircraft can take out any moving target as well with ease

Are we talking about "targets" or are we talking about a whole country? You didn't understand the deepness of the post I wrote. The US can't protect and police every street, school, town and province. To many (especially in Pakistan) this is "US lost". To everyone else, this is a "mission ending, don't care about the cost or what happens next as long as ISIS is managed".

I've even read (on here and many places elsewhere) comparison with the Russian withdrawal. The Russians left crippled. The US left $ 83 billion invested / wasted in Afghanistan. The difference in these examples is like the distance between the Sun and the Earth. At the end, a nation is run by who controls it. ANA and the Afghan leadership clearly wasn't the ones.

Supply hain is not just about transport its much more than that

HIT has a MAX capacity of producing 120 AKs per year.... Rarely has that capacity been achieved to above 50%

Just a few months ago the ARMY inducted 50 AK1s with a follow up order of 150. Order can be filled in 2-3 years time. It would be better to increase capacity to say 180 AK1 per years and try to achieve that to 60-70%.

I surely think Pakistan needs to scale back funding for nuclear weapon production. This is perhaps Pakistans largest R&D expense by far reaching above 1bn USD Per year. At this point 300 warheads is more than enough. The 1+ BN USD saved should be instead invested into Space, Fighter, Drone, technologies and increasing production capacity of Tanks/Fighter jets/Drones.

Govt also needs to provide financing to weapon R&D developers in the private sector. Utilize our talent at home. Have a roadmap/goal in place to create atleast 10-20k jobs the first year followed by 20-30k the next and so on. Creating a strong domestic weapon industry takes time, cannot be done in 1 year. Pakistan has a very strong foundation and can reach were Turkey is today within 5 years with a solid plan in place today.

HIT was already domestically producing a limited number (100?) of Turkish 155mm artillery pieces. So developing a 155mm gun doesnt make much sense unless there are 2 possibilities:

1) The 155m gun will be a light weight howitzers similar to the Chinese AH-4. Something which can be transported to strategic heights via the MI17. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco_AH4_155mm_Howitzer#:~:text=The towed AH4 howitzer is,which allows greater tactical mobility.&text=Also, as a modern howitzer,km using rocket-assisted projectiles.

3) A combination of the 2. It would be make sense for Pakistan to create a 155mm self propelled gun turrent that can be used to upgrade that 1000+ tanks that are due for retirement. Pakistan could produce a limited number of towed pieces while created a universal 155m self propelled turrent platform that can be used to updated T59s, T69s, etc... in the army. Many countries are doing this for cost saving/logistics.

Pakistan already has 500+ self propelled guns mostly of american origin. If we can even convert 300-400 tanks to modern self propelled guns it would be a major boost to artillery brigades.

In the next few years we will induct 300 AK1s and 300 VT4s to the army. I could easily see 800 tanks due to retire.
No turkish Howitzers were produced or are in service by the PA. the MKEK PANTER was tested but no sales were made.
HIT has a MAX capacity of producing 120 AKs per year.... Rarely has that capacity been achieved to above 50%

Just a few months ago the ARMY inducted 50 AK1s with a follow up order of 150. Order can be filled in 2-3 years time. It would be better to increase capacity to say 180 AK1 per years and try to achieve that to 60-70%.

I surely think Pakistan needs to scale back funding for nuclear weapon production. This is perhaps Pakistans largest R&D expense by far reaching above 1bn USD Per year. At this point 300 warheads is more than enough. The 1+ BN USD saved should be instead invested into Space, Fighter, Drone, technologies and increasing production capacity of Tanks/Fighter jets/Drones.

Govt also needs to provide financing to weapon R&D developers in the private sector. Utilize our talent at home. Have a roadmap/goal in place to create atleast 10-20k jobs the first year followed by 20-30k the next and so on. Creating a strong domestic weapon industry takes time, cannot be done in 1 year. Pakistan has a very strong foundation and can reach were Turkey is today within 5 years with a solid plan in place today.
The order for AK-1s was of 220 and was placed in 2017. Of those about 2 regiments have been delivered. HITs max production capacity is 50 tanks per year On the AK production line (keep in mind there’s many other production lines for other products).

We have not much indication of it being an SP yet, however it is possible that it will be both towed and SP, it makes much more sense economically.

But also keep in mind that PA is testing several SP artillery systems from other countries at the moment as well.

LOL, you are so full of yourself, in layman's terms its called being full of shit.

Since you just have a suzuki mehran and not a bugati in your garage it must be incometence of your father, right?

Problem is somehwere
Either in FC command(if they arent asking for MRAPs) or GHQ if they arenot providing it

There is no otherway to sugar coat it..its simply invompetence
This is an interesting concept. How could the US have won anything when it had a few thousand troops and it was always limited to a few airbases outside of 34 provinces (I believe)? I agree the withdrawal was chaotic and it sure as hell feels like we just walked away. But that's what happens when the President of the US says leave as he's

Are we talking about "targets" or are we talking about a whole country? You didn't understand the deepness of the post I wrote. The US can't protect and police every street, school, town and province. To many (especially in Pakistan) this is "US lost". To everyone else, this is a "mission ending, don't care about the cost or what happens next as long as ISIS is managed".

I've even read (on here and many places elsewhere) comparison with the Russian withdrawal. The Russians left crippled. The US left $ 83 billion invested / wasted in Afghanistan. The difference in these examples is like the distance between the Sun and the Earth. At the end, a nation is run by who controls it. ANA and the Afghan leadership clearly wasn't the ones.

Back
Top Bottom