What's new

Pakistan, China & Iran Blocked From India Air Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic,childish and us-jewish state asslicking(iran) decision.

these kind of moves are animal moves.
why wont that dude respect his neighbors and china?

im so pissed.

for gods sake its an airshow not the g20 summit.

And you keep believing that air show are held just because host nations want to buy or sell military equipment and all others participating in the Air shows are supposed to buy or sell products to the host nation. Keep it up. You justify being a true fan boy. ;)

That is something you are forcing on me.. I never said or meant that.. I was replying to your question why we are inviting Afghanistan and some other countries? My answer was we are inviting friendly countries where we may have some possibility to sell our products as well. The key words in the post were friendly and possibility which obviously you turned a blind eye to before jumping to the story when that China was in fact coming to Aero India.

Obviously we have interests in Aerospace sector and that is the reason India is spending money on the event. If we were not interested in buying anything anytime soon then why the heck we would be spending this kind of money? Think over it and understand that invitations are extended based on some interests and if this thinking seems fan boyish to you so be it.. All I would say is, keep living in your dreams I don't care... :)

Now lets end our debate here as it is not adding any value to the thread and getting foolish.. Thanks!

Last edited:
China and Pakistan product need not necessary aim at Indians at Indian Airshow. The attended Arab state and African countries and eastern europe countries can be the targeted customer too.

Wonder what the Indian media is going to do in light of recent events....

We have our own defence expo... we don't really need the Indian one.

As far as China is concerned, they may be able to sell their hardware online :-)cheesy:) so they don't need it either.

But not inviting Iran means isolating it even further, where will India get so much crude oil from if Iran denies it????

the show has been good, just like any other air show; but the main event...the fighter deal-11 billion dollars contract may have a little problem with TOT. with the fighter deal may put India in an awkward situation
*go with Russia for core technologies TOT?
*go with U.S and E.U. for little TOT?
either way will be some happy and unhappy. doing behind the curtain would be much better outcome :victory:
anyway, back to the topic. China only got 1 reporter to the show and get some for you guys to smile or laugh at(iit's not mine)

HTML:
Cool Indian Defence Minister got hit by a Chinese Missile @ Aero India 2011

Click this bar to view the original image of 800x722px.

Click this bar to view the original image of 800x566px.

Click this bar to view the original image of 800x565px.

Photo 1 & 2 show the Chinese journalists posing questions to Antony. Photo 3, Antony's response.

This was probably an interesting highlight of Day-1 at Aero India 2011. Indian Defense Minister A.K. Antony was very much at ease (as usual) answering in his inimitable style, a volley of queries from the Press. At the fag end of the Press meet came an unexpected 'missile' from the last row. This one from China.

Li Miao, the only Chinese journalist at the show complained to Antony how she had to struggle to get an entry into the inaugural day of the show. Her pass was valid only for Day-1. “Mr Antony, I am from China... China... I congratulate you on the show, which I think is a great success. But I want to tell you that I had not received passes until this morning and I still do not have passes to cover the remaining part of the show. Are we (China) really invited for this show? I wanted to know,” she fired the first 'cruising missile.'

Taken aback, Antony immediately directed officials from Ministry of Defense to do everything so that she could cover the show on all days. “She is a young and energetic lady, do not disappoint her,” he said. There was a sudden buzz at the conference hall and everyone seems to have enjoyed this bit of Q&A session.

Miao is with the China Central Television (CCTV). She also wanted to know when India and China would co-develop defence technologies (!!!!!!), to which Antony replied: “A few differences between the two countries, especially unresolved border disputes are to be solved. But don't forget, China is one of our biggest trade partner which is a positive sign.”

Ahead of Aero India 2011, the Indian government had said that China won't be attending the Aero India 2011 as they weren't invited. Later, it was reported that China had been extended an invitation and some journalist(s) and business delegation might be attending the show. There are no Chinese exhibits at the show.

That's all from the Mioa-Minister duet!..

Pakistan I perfectly understand,
China I somewhat understand
But why Iran ? - Sometimes I feel MMS is bending too much backward :tdown:

Re Iran appeasing USA maybe? India also backed down on the gas pipeline issue for the same reason

from what i've heard was that, at least initially china was not invited but then india changed its mind and invited china but with so little time for preparation that there is little other than a journalist team that china can send

Even if we do send in some potential aircrafts and pitch for the sale, it will not happen. India will simply disregard them.

Imports to India are dominated mainly by Russian, American and European goods. For them, they represent bargain for money, high-end technology, class and prestiege etc. Chinese products shouldn't be directed at the Indian market anyways. I personally see little need for us to pitch our sale there.

I hear no one complaining about rimples on he MKI?

Su30a.jpg

When JF17 showed some it was headlines now the high tech MKI shows it no one sees it. ;)

I hear no one complaining about rimples on he MKI?

Su30a.jpg

When JF17 showed some it was headlines now the high tech MKI shows it no one sees it. ;)

A shorter definition of it is patriotic bias.

Dogfight over $10b fighter deal
February 10, 2011

It’s the biggest fighter jet import order in a long time, and for a long time. It’s the deal the world's great military-industrial powers have been waiting to clinch — the Indian Air Force's Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) purchase that could fetch the deal winner over $ 10 billion. And with Air Chief Marshal P.V. Naik saying he expected India to have signed off on the deal by September, the dogfight between the contenders is intensifying.

Signs of that intensification were more than apparent during the Aero India show at the Yelahanka Air Force Station on Thursday, with some of the contenders — Lockheed Martin (F-16IN), Boeing (F/A-18), EADS (Eurofighter Typhoon), the French Dassault (Rafale), SAAB (Gripen) — making light or dismissing outright competitors.

Officials of the European contenders mocked Lockheed Martin's apparently recent bid to let the F-35 Fifth Generation fighter among the contending Fourth Generation fighters, saying that it was a sign of the F-16IN losing altitude in the contest. The world’s largest military equipment maker, they alleged, has sought to confuse Indian decision-makers by putting out talk of the F-35. Worse, they alleged, the Fifth Generation tag is a marketing gimmick, because “Lockheed Martin has put out a self-serving definition of what constitutes a Fifth Generation jet,” EADS officials said.

“If you are saying stealth is a defining 5G characteristic, then the greater the capabilities of the electronic scanning (AESA) radar, the other must-have, the more questionable stealth becomes”, the officials said. “Also, designing a fighter for stealth means compromising on agility and lethality. Stealth is a survivability concern. You can sneak in on an enemy, but you will still need to have a good punch to take out the enemy. Also, stealth works so long as you are not detected, but once detected, stealthy aircraft lack agility to escape. Stealth and survivability can be ensured in more than one way. The Eurofighter relies on agility, the F-22 relies on agility to survive. So, is India prepared to sacrifice weapons carriage, supercruise, agility for stealth”.

Lockheed Martin officials, in turn, seemed to be dismissing fellow US giant Boeing's bid to win the contract for its F/A-18 Super Hornet by dangling a 'roadmap of future development' of the aircraft that would give it Fifth Generation characteristics and keep the jet relevant for the next several decades. "Fifth Generation capabilities cannot be grafted onto an existing aircraft. They have to be built in from the start", they said.

Orville Prins, Lockheed Martin's VP (Business Development), told Deccan Chronicle that talk of offering the F-35 was not new. Company officials had been speaking to Indian authorities on the possibility for over five years, he said, adding that US government officials had indicated that there were no barriers to selling F-35 fighters to India.

Nonetheless, "The IAF has said it is committed to the MMRCA deal and will go through with it, and the aircraft on offer is the F-16IN", Mr. Prins said, adding for good measure to dispel concerns over India buying an aircraft that even the Pakistan Air Force flies, "If India chooses the F-16IN, it will be the finest F-16 ever built. It will have a proven AESA radar and all the capabilities that that brings". The PAF F-16s do not have AESA radars.

Asked about concerns over America's willingness to transfer technology, Mr. Prins said, "The IAF's request for proposal stipulated technology transfer in five categories in four phases. Our proposal is fully compliant. There's no requirement for 100 per cent technology transfer in the RFP. The final proposal was submitted by the US government. So, there should be no problem on the ToT front". "Other contenders have US technology in their fighters. In offering ToT, they will have to go through the same US government requirements as we do", he added.

Dogfight over $10b fighter deal | Deccan Chronicle | 2011-02-11

Is it back to $10 billion ??
According to earlier news, the amount had been lowered to between 7 and 8.

israel is the reason for not inviting iran.india is a big partner of israel .if israel is coming to the show then their is no chance for iranian to attend the show even if they have been invited.it would be an embarrassment for india if iran would have rejected its proposal.keeping this in mind they didn't invited iran.

israel is the reason for not inviting iran.india is a big partner of israel .if israel is coming to the show then their is no chance for iranian to attend the show even if they have been invited.it would be an embarrassment for india if iran would have rejected its proposal.keeping this in mind they didn't invited iran.

are bhai ab 3 saal purane thread me reply karne se kya hoga?.

Well Pakistan is better off not to attend the show , as for Iran they should buy the JF17 thunder already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom