What's new

Pakistan boy gets a 'new face' in Chennai

Good news indeed. The condition faced by the boy was nothing short of horrific, and I am glad that we were able to cure him.

Visa requirements should be eased for atleast minor patients from Pakistan, so that they a part of their suffering is eased. Also, Pakistan should seriously revamp its medical facilities.
When it comes to the private medical sector, I've always been distrusting of it. I've seen the devastation it can bring, and the ruthless control it takes of government.

When it comes to the private medical sector, I've always been distrusting of it. I've seen the devastation it can bring, and the ruthless control it takes of government.

Though most people criticize private sector health facilities, I have always depended on them. They offer good class treatment (yet affordable for middle class) and are a boon especially when our public sector is so pathetic.Private sector offers nice facilities, and mostly, peace of mind (if you have the money-affordable for most middle class).

Like, if you go to a public hospital with your dear one ill, waiting in long queues, not so good looking atmosphere, the rush, not so good rooms etc. On the other hand, if you go to a private hospital, they may charge you double or triple, but you will get clean rooms, no queues, good facilities etc. As long as our Public systems are not up to the mark, Private sectors will be a boon.

Though most people criticize private sector health facilities, I have always depended on them. They offer good class treatment (yet affordable for middle class) and are a boon especially when our public sector is so pathetic.Private sector offers nice facilities, and mostly, peace of mind (if you have the money-affordable for most middle class).

Like, if you go to a public hospital with your dear one ill, waiting in long queues, not so good looking atmosphere, the rush, not so good rooms etc. On the other hand, if you go to a private hospital, they may charge you double or triple, but you will get clean rooms, no queues, good facilities etc. As long as our Public systems are not up to the mark, Private sectors will be a boon.

While I agree with your post, you can still see them exploiting some things...multiple tests, multiple scans etc. Sometimes even if you have already done the required tests, they will ask you to get it done from the hospitals/doctors own testing lab...corporatization is coming in, but as long as things is kept in balance it will be okay. Also some docs sometimes prescribe medicines you dont need (multivitamin/strength tablets!), just to satisfy some drug companies who give them freebies.

Some other reasons why medicine is largely affordable are the laws that prevent ridiculous pricing of medicines by misusing laws (evergreening!)

In other words Indians I mean Indian doctors are fleecing money from every possible way.
No, treatment in India is considered one of the most affordable in the world . This is the reason why people who cannot afford treatment in the west and other places come here.

While I agree with your post, you can still see them exploiting some things...multiple tests, multiple scans etc. Sometimes even if you have already done the required tests, they will ask you to get it done from the hospitals/doctors own testing lab...corporatization is coming in, but as long as things is kept in balance it will be okay. Also some docs sometimes prescribe medicines you dont need (multivitamin/strength tablets!), just to satisfy some drug companies who give them freebies.

Some other reasons why medicine is largely affordable are the laws that prevent ridiculous pricing of medicines by misusing laws (evergreening!)

Yeah, they do squeeze you out. But considering what they deliver, I won't complain that much.

Fair enough, though I've seen the conditions of private hospitals. They're not always up to snuff, because at least the public hospitals have a set government standard they need to live up to.

Fair enough, though I've seen the conditions of private hospitals. They're not always up to snuff, because at least the public hospitals have a set government standard they need to live up to.

I was talking about the case in India bro, big Private players mostly offers unmatched services, though they'll squeeze us for that. Private hospitals too have their own minimum standards which they need live up to. In India the greatest plus point public hospitals have are experienced doctors, most of whom are professors in medical colleges too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom