What's new

Pakistan boy gets a 'new face' in Chennai

Its kind of simple That Guy, since no Indian goes to Pakistan for medical treatment, it is a fact that Pakistanis have not donated or waived any medical fee.

Since thousands of Pakistanis come to India each year for medical treatment, a simple google search will tell you in how many cases, either the doctors have waived fee or Indians have donated money or organs or blood to Pakistani patients.

Lastly, I am not into the "show superiority" complex. Just pointing out facts though they do look like I am showing a superiority complex.
Pakistanis and Indians don't just live in Pakistan and India, genius. There goes your whole theory. A cousin of mine donated a kidney, which ended up going to a young Indian girl. While he didn't decide where it went, you know what he told me? At least there is one less indian family that hates pakistanis. Anecdote, I know, but regardless your statement is bullshit. The world doesn't revolve around India. Yes there is a good amount of medical tourism coming into India, but my original point was that this doesn't have anything to do with generosity, it simply medical professionalism.

Nothing about your statement is fact, simply saying its fact is not evidence enough. If you didn't have a superiority complex, you wouldn't be having this pissing contest of who donates more to whom, so it doesn't just LOOK like it, it simply is.

Pakistanis and Indians don't just live in Pakistan and India, genius. There goes your whole theory. A cousin of mine donated a kidney, which ended up going to a young Indian girl. While he didn't decide where it went, you know what he told me? At least there is one less indian family that hates pakistanis. Anecdote, I know, but regardless your statement is bullshit. The world doesn't revolve around India. Yes there is a good amount of medical tourism coming into India, but my original point was that this doesn't have anything to do with generosity, it simply medical professionalism.

Nothing about your statement is fact, simply saying its fact is not evidence enough. If you didn't have a superiority complex, you wouldn't be having this pissing contest of who donates more to whom, so it doesn't just LOOK like it, it simply is.
Not a contest of who donates more or less.
Its a simple fact - in India, thousands of Pakistanis come for medical treatment, whatever aid they get - either monetary or in organs or medical supplies is given by Indians willfully for a Pakistani.

The other side of this fact is - no Indian goes to Pakistan for medical treatment.

Using the analogies and anecdotes of what happens in third countries is an absolute non-entity because its the Indians in India and Pakistanis in Pakistan who are those are the prime players, not the NRI's' and NRP's who are subsumed in the third country culture or system.

You are trying to draw a parallel where none exists.

Not a contest of who donates more or less.
Its a simple fact - in India, thousands of Pakistanis come for medical treatment, whatever aid they get - either monetary or in organs or medical supplies is given by Indians willfully for a Pakistani.

The other side of this fact is - no Indian goes to Pakistan for medical treatment.

Using the analogies and anecdotes of what happens in third countries is an absolute non-entity because its the Indians in India and Pakistanis in Pakistan who are those are the prime players, not the NRI's' and NRP's who are subsumed in the third country culture or system.

You are trying to draw a parallel where none exists.

Yeah, you've just spoken utter nonsense.

If your argument wasn't to have a pissing contest, you wouldn't even be having this argument. Your entire argument relies on who donates and whom doesn't (aka pissing contest).

Do you know how organs are harvested and given out? If you did, you wouldn't say such nonsense. The donor has little to no control over where his organ will go, and it usually goes to the one in most urgent need, almost right after its harvested. The organ cannot survive long outside a body and is sometimes kept refrigerated up to a few days, after which it is either used or destroyed, as it dies after world, if not used in time.

If what you say is to be believed, there are literally droves of Indians lined up everyday, ready to give an organ to a Pakistani patient right away, ignoring all major conventions, rules and regulations.

Ridiculous.

Simply ignoring Pakistanis and Indians in third nations is your way of ignoring my argument. It is willful ignorance at its best, as it directly and correctly challenges and defies your claims.

Tell me, do you even know what medical tourism is? If you did, you wouldn't even be making the ridiculous statement you're making. There are droves of Indians that come to Canada for medical treatment, again, nothing to do with generosity.

Last edited:
Yeah, you've just spoken utter nonsense.

If your argument wasn't to have a pissing contest, you wouldn't even be having this argument. Your entire argument relies on who donates and whom doesn't (aka pissing contest).

Do you know how organs are harvested and given out? If you did, you wouldn't say such nonsense. The donor has little to no control over where his organ will go, and it usually goes to the one in most urgent need, almost right after its harvested. The organ cannot survive long outside a body and is sometimes kept refrigerated up to a few days, after which it is either used or destroyed, as it dies after world, if not used in time.

If what you say is to be believed, there are literally droves of Indians lined up everyday, ready to give an organ to a Pakistani patient right away, ignoring all major conventions, rules and regulations.

Ridiculous.

Simply ignoring Pakistanis and Indians in third nations is your way of ignoring my argument. It is willful ignorance at its best, as it directly and correctly challenges and defies your claims.

Tell me, do you even know what medical tourism is? If you did, you wouldn't even be making the ridiculous statement you're making. There are droves of Indians that come to Canada for medical treatment, again, nothing to do with generosity.
Perhaps you are incapable of actually reading what is posted before replying?
Had that been the case, you would actually have noticed
"Its a simple fact - in India, thousands of Pakistanis come for medical treatment, whatever aid they get - either monetary or in organs or medical supplies is given by Indians willfully for a Pakistani."

I wont blame you here, Pakistanis do tend to leave out inconvenient words and phrases. I used the word whatever aid they get - monetary or medical supplies or organs - are given willfully. First of all in the first two cases of monetary or medical supply aid, yes, it is directly given to the Pakistani families in need and secondly even in case of organs, it is not necessary for a donor to pass away before the organ is harvested, many donations - like that of liver, kidney, et all are done while the donor is alive and simply wanted to donate.

In case of cadaver donations, because the organ might go to a non-national ie a non-Indian, the next of kin does have to give a go ahead. In all cases however the Pakistanis are being given aid(of any kind) willfully by Indians.

Ignoring the NRI's and NRP's is very apt because they many a times do not follow the national moods or have contrary viewpoints to what most of the Indians feel. This is particularly relevant to PIO - People of Indian origin - ie those who are not first generation Indians settled abroad. They tend to follow the value system or cultural norms of their host countries. Consequently while an Indian who is living in India might have suffered a terrorist strike in his city courtesy Pakistan and 'true jihad/false jihad' or whatever, he might not be very inclined to help out the Pakistanis. In fact, he might actively want the Pakistani in his country dead. This feeling would barely register in a PIO settled in Ottawa.

So while thousands of Pakistanis do come to India and are able to secure aid, no Indian goes to Pakistan for this. The point remains valid. You trying to drum and bring up third countries like Canada is not relevant for reason mentioned above.

Perhaps you are incapable of actually reading what is posted before replying?
Had that been the case, you would actually have noticed
"Its a simple fact - in India, thousands of Pakistanis come for medical treatment, whatever aid they get - either monetary or in organs or medical supplies is given by Indians willfully for a Pakistani."

I wont blame you here, Pakistanis do tend to leave out inconvenient words and phrases. I used the word whatever aid they get - monetary or medical supplies or organs - are given willfully. First of all in the first two cases of monetary or medical supply aid, yes, it is directly given to the Pakistani families in need and secondly even in case of organs, it is not necessary for a donor to pass away before the organ is harvested, many donations - like that of liver, kidney, et all are done while the donor is alive and simply wanted to donate.

In case of cadaver donations, because the organ might go to a non-national ie a non-Indian, the next of kin does have to give a go ahead. In all cases however the Pakistanis are being given aid(of any kind) willfully by Indians.

Ignoring the NRI's and NRP's is very apt because they many a times do not follow the national moods or have contrary viewpoints to what most of the Indians feel. This is particularly relevant to PIO - People of Indian origin - ie those who are not first generation Indians settled abroad. They tend to follow the value system or cultural norms of their host countries. Consequently while an Indian who is living in India might have suffered a terrorist strike in his city courtesy Pakistan and 'true jihad/false jihad' or whatever, he might not be very inclined to help out the Pakistanis. In fact, he might actively want the Pakistani in his country dead. This feeling would barely register in a PIO settled in Ottawa.

So while thousands of Pakistanis do come to India and are able to secure aid, no Indian goes to Pakistan for this. The point remains valid. You trying to drum and bring up third countries like Canada is not relevant for reason mentioned above.
Your reasons mentioned above are invalid. I've read all of your previous post and I will repeat myself, your words are nonsense and ridiculous.

Medical tourism isn't aid, how dumb do you have to be to make that comparison. Pakistanis leave words out, what utter nonsense. This coming from someone who's ignored my entire argument because you find it inconvenient.

India has medical facilities that Pakistan dies not, including a larger pool of organs for patients, again, this has nothing to do with generosity. If your thick head can't understand this much, then there is no helping you. Indians don't exist for the sole purpose of giving organs or any sort of aid to Pakistanis, like your words suggest. It may be hard for you to swallow, but the world does not revolve around India.

The fact that you can simply ignore facts about medical organ harvesting to feed your nonsensical views shows how little you know of how the medical world works and just how ridiculous your statements are.

Canada, as an example, works perfectly. Even if Pakistanis aren't involved, Indians still come in droves to Canada for life saving procedures. Do they receive aid when they come? No, it is called medical tourism for a reason.

What I find amazing is how you can use mental gymnastics to some how try and convince yourself that you're right.

I will not waste anymore of my time with you. If this last post of mine can't convince you, not my problem. Facts are facts, you stating otherwise doesn't change reality.

Good news indeed. The condition faced by the boy was nothing short of horrific, and I am glad that we were able to cure him.

Visa requirements should be eased for atleast minor patients from Pakistan, so that they a part of their suffering is eased. Also, Pakistan should seriously revamp its medical facilities.

Good news indeed. The condition faced by the boy was nothing short of horrific, and I am glad that we were able to cure him.

Visa requirements should be eased for atleast minor patients from Pakistan, so that they a part of their suffering is eased. Also, Pakistan should seriously revamp its medical facilities.
Agree, it's a crying shame that he had to go abroad for treatment when it should have been available locally. Pakistan needs to massively Upgrade its medical facilities, before spending any more money on useless projects like laptop schemes.

A friend of my brother is a doctor studying to get into the US. He was telling us that Pakistan also has really good medical colleges and produces very good doctors, lots of them who are also there in the US, like our Indian doctors. Why then do we hear of so many stories of Pakistanis coming to India for treatment? I mean I can understand Bangladesh or Nepal or some other small country. But why Pakistan? I asked my brother's friend this, he said its probably because most Pakistani doctors choose to leave Pakistan for greener western pastures. I am sure to an extent it is same here in India, but maybe to a much lesser extent now over the past few decades?

Agree, it's a crying shame that he had to go abroad for treatment when it should have been available locally. Pakistan needs to massively Upgrade its medical facilities, before spending any more money on useless projects like laptop schemes.

People from advanced economies are also coming to India for treatment. It would take a lot for Pakistan to match us and substantial increase in GDP spent on health care. India - 126$ per capita Pakistan -28$ per capita (PPP, 2010)

Indian public health system is no better, except a few central government funded hospitals, which mind you is woefully inadequate for a nation of 1.2 Billion. Most of the time its the private hospitals in India which are providing and performing such complicated medical procedures.

What I don't understand is that what's stopping the private health care sector in Pakistan from taking off and providing such "super specialty" facilities? It can't be lack of investment, cause a country of 200 Million, private health care will be a very profitable venture. Could it be the lack of good doctors? Given the smaller talent pool compared to India, and given the fact that many top doctors from Pakistan prefer migrating to other countries?

In this particular case, there no need to be ashamed. The condition faced by the boy was rare and complex, dealing with it is obviously not every one's cup of tea.

But in other cases, especially in case of cancer treatments, what you said is true.

Also, its not just about the government spending money, its more than that. Things start from basic education, ease of doing business, international relations etc. In India, the medical sector has grown this far only because of the input from private sector.

My point was on how some Indians on this thread were acting and to be honest the articles a bit vague about this being a charitable thing or not. Anyways I'm happy that Noman Ali got this surgery and hope the best for his future.

Let me explain this,
In past a lot of Pakistanis were cured by Indian Hospitals without taking a single penny. We used to get news related to it very often.
It is not a publicity of Medical tourism but the sole purpose was to reduce hatred between countries.

Indian public health system is no better, except a few central government funded hospitals, which mind you is woefully inadequate for a nation of 1.2 Billion. Most of the time its the private hospitals in India which are providing and performing such complicated medical procedures.

What I don't understand is that what's stopping the private health care sector in Pakistan from taking off and providing such "super specialty" facilities? It can't be lack of investment, cause a country of 200 Million, private health care will be a very profitable venture. Could it be the lack of good doctors? Given the smaller talent pool compared to India, and given the fact that many top doctors from Pakistan prefer migrating to other countries?
Two reasons, one is brain drain; A lot of doctors simply move abroad to make mor money. Second reason, war; a lot militants target clinics and hospitals, because their easy targets. This can lead directly to the first reason as well. The war has also drained a lot of money from Pakistan's economy, so their is little improvement in the health sector.

Medical tourism in India is a big business. Our doctors are willing and able to give the best medical facilites to all people even from "enemy" country Pakistan
In other words Indians I mean Indian doctors are fleecing money from every possible way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom