What's new

Pakistan, Bangladesh better than India on inclusive development

I think historically India would've been stuck at 2-3% growth (Hindu rate of GDP growth). What changed (Thank Bhagwan) were two things,

1. Economic Liberalization
2. Back office revolution

Most of Indian industry is geared at serving import-substitution. Growth through exports is not (yet) the Indian mantra. A few cars do not amount to humongous export growth.

So what is bangladesh excuse for its rubbish GDP growth?

So what is bangladesh excuse for its rubbish GDP growth?

I think you should ask your MEA and the intelligence agencies that question.......

In spite of their repeated efforts to disrupt industry and turn Bangladesh into a vassal state like Sikkim - they are failing miserably.

Still our GDP growth is not that bad - it is at par or better than the rest of the subcontinent in real terms and that is not an empty boast. We don't get 'creative' with our numbers like people in Modi's govt. does nowadays.

We don't have to 'jump-start' export-led growth with any 'Make in Bangladesh' campaign. Investment is happening in Bangladesh already with the bulk of manufacturing transfers from China.

india-gdp-growth-annual-forecast.png

bangladesh-gdp-growth-annual.png

Last edited:
I think you should ask your MEA and the intelligence agencies that question.......

In spite of their repeated efforts to disrupt industry and turn Bangladesh into a vassal state like Sikkim - they are failing miserably.

Still our GDP growth is not that bad - it is at par or better than the rest of the subcontinent in real terms and that is not an empty boast. We don't get 'creative' with our numbers like people in Modi's govt. does nowadays.

We don't have to 'jump-start' export-led growth with any 'Make in Bangladesh' campaign. Investment is happening in Bangladesh already with the bulk of manufacturing transfers from China.

Maybe your economy can grow even quicker if you Bangladeshis can stop leaving ur country illegally and enter India.

Maybe your economy can grow even quicker if you Indians can stop leaving ur country illegally and enter Bangladesh.

Corrected above.:-)

If we kick out all the illegal Indians in Bangladesh today - India will lose its third largest source of foreign revenue. Look it up. Google is your friend.....

Your use of bhakt-logic has given you away.

I am done with this time-wasting conversation......

By the way - GDP growth in India are going to take a more than one percentage point hit in 2017 - thanks to your choice of Modi and his De-Monetization fiasco, I don't know if you'd call that 'rubbish' as well.......

Back
Top Bottom