What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

There are some Turkish defence accounts on twitter that are claiming that Pakistan has not opted out of the deal yet.
Twitter account? More or less sums up the desperation. The deal for PA T-129K is dead. Unless some can really promise US engine or Turkey engine are ready by end of this year.

T129 deal is totally dead or it put on hold for future version as loan is from turkish side

Translation:
Pakistan: “We did not give up on the ATAK purchase” - Pakistani military and diplomatic officials made a statement to Savunma SanayiST about the Pakistani ATAK Program.
This is just a diplomatic way to say the deal is dead. I am sure Pakistan military sure want to work with Turkish military defense in future. By outright declared the T-129K deal dead will embarrassed Turkish side. Using such term will ensure both side end this saga in a calmly manner.

As far as I know, TEI TS-1400 continues within the scope of the domestic utility helicopter GOKBEY. The GÖKBEY project is a program that prioritizes the civilian market, and therefore proceeds with the EASA civil aviation certification works. If only military use had been envisioned for GOKBEY, deliveries had already begun by now.

A mock-up called the T-629 was shown, but it was stated that it would be an unmanned/hybrid attack helicopter concept. So, both the T-929 and the aforementioned 629 differ from the current ATAK-1(T-129 variants) program in terms of concept, structure and subsystems.

The agreement with Pakistan is about the T-129 phase-2 system. In other words, if there is no development on LHTEC engine sets, the agreement is either canceled or revised as the supply of another platform. The first is more likely.

This is just a diplomatic way to say the deal is dead. I am sure Pakistan military sure want to work with Turkish military defense in future. By outright declared the T-129K deal dead will embarrassed Turkish side. Using such term will ensure both side end this saga in a calmly manner.
plz read the article attached in the tweet
The first is more likely.
maybe you are right but in my opinion probability of occurrence of second option is higher
Military and diplomatic officials made a statement to SavunmaSanayiST.com regarding the aforementioned statement, which was covered in the Turkish and Pakistani media. In the statement made by the authorities; It was stated that Pakistan did not give up on the purchase of 30 TAI T129 ATAK Helicopters from Turkey and that the aforementioned statements of the Pakistani Military Spokesperson were misunderstood. Turkey and Pakistan continue their close cooperation to bring the ATAK helicopter to the Pakistan Army.
link

Last edited:
Why Turks are not try
MTR MTR390 engine as an alternative.
which is also 1,450 shp

Why Turks are not try
MTR MTR390 engine as an alternative.
which is also 1,450 shp

No engine restrictions by Italy. However, the transmission elements of the helicopter are purchased from Italy and they are adapted to the USA engine.

If you are going to install a new engine, it means you will get permission for a new transmission from Italy. If you say that you will use my own transmission, you have two options: a) Agreement with Italy. b) You do not agree and Italy will sue you in the international court.

Also, remember, even if an agreement is made with Italy, the compatibility of the new engine and new transmission will take a lot of time and money. And the T129 contract expires in 2028. It's not worth it.

Instead, "Let's design and manufacture the Gökbey Helicopter with new domestic engine and new domestic transmission. In this way, the necessary infrastructure for the T625 will be established." they said.

MTR MTR390

Makes no sense - the Turks can buy the engines for themselves so they are not operationally affected and it is right now better for Turkey to develop her own engines rather have another source that can be sanctioned.

As per Turkish president of defence industries SSB İsmail Demir , Engine export of ATAK 129 period is again extended

In the age of drones, attack helicopters are quickly getting redundant infact in 20 years time, no one will built them that is why Pakistan is also playing a waiting game over T129s. Rather than investing so much on the engines for attack helicopters, I think it will be more fruitful for Turkey and other countries to invest much on drones engines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom