ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan army to modernise Artillery corps: COAS

https://nation.com.pk/NewsSource/web-desk
Web Desk
10:20 PM | June 18, 2021

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa, on Friday visited the Artillery Centre and interacted with several officers and troops.

According to the details shared by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa installed Lieutenant General Muhammad Abdul Aziz, Commander 4 Corps as Colonel Commandant of Artillery Corps.

Outgoing Colonel Commandant of Artillery Corps Lieutenant General Retired Humayun Aziz, a large number of serving and retired officers and soldiers attended the ceremony.

In his address to the officers and troops, the COAS appreciated the Artillery corps for displaying the highest standards in all professional pursuits, including their exemplary performance in operations.

He also said that the Pakistan Army would do all that is possible to modernise the Corps of Artillery as part of its overall drive to prepare for the future threat.

Earlier on June 12, COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa had visited Sialkot and Kotli and attended a closing session of the Corps level war game besides also meeting soldiers participating in it.

According to the ISPR, during the Sialkot visit the army chief was received by Corps Commander Lieutenant General Syed Asim Munir, as he attended the closing session of the Corps level war game where he was briefed on planning parameters and conduct modalities of the exercise.

COAS Qamar Bajwa appreciated sound planning and befitting application of varying operational response options to crystallise future plans in view of evolving threat matrix.

COAS visited troops undergoing field training near Kotli at the conclusion of Corps level Field exercise “Taskheer-e-Jabal”, where he was received by Corps Commander Lieutenant General Azhar Abbas.

COAS was briefed about the conduct of ongoing exercises aimed at enhancing the preparedness of formations for various defensive and offensive manoeuvres in mountainous and semi-mountainous terrain. Troops rehearsed tactical and operational responses to various contingencies under testing conditions.

Acknowledging the work of troops and officers, the General Qamar Javed Bajwa also interacted with them.

In addition to this, he lauded the high morale, and professionalism of troops besides expressing satisfaction over the conduct of the exercise that the regiments performed.

Pakistan army to modernise Artillery corps: COAS (nation.com.pk)

Last edited:
I sincerely hope this includes not just SP artillery systems and MRLS, but also new towed artillery guns.

This is pushed due to the recent advancements in Afghanistan. The Enemy is Big, and time is very low.

In simple fairness, we need a lot of non-nuclear deterrents against the Taliban Regime. They are gaining ground, and now we need to go ahead and modernize our western fronts as well, I guess I was thinking the other day, just like the US had plans to use nukes to blow holes underground. I have a really cool idea of blowing holes with nukes in the border with Afghanistan, essentially making a living wall. And when the Taliban come we use artillery to put them in the death pit. TBH, I think this is a grave threat. Bigger than India. If that is too much overkill at least we can bring down strategic mountains from where they can pass especially since they just got access to the very strategic location in Balochistan-Afghanistan Area.

We need to crack down on the Heroin Trade as well. And improve our Artillery is a push for just that.

This is pushed due to the recent advancements in Afghanistan. The Enemy is Big, and time is very low.

In simple fairness, we need a lot of non-nuclear deterrents against the Taliban Regime. They are gaining ground, and now we need to go ahead and modernize our western fronts as well, I guess
First of all you need to educate yourself. There is nothing like Taliban. It's either Afghan Taliban (they call themselves Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan - IEA) or Tahreek Taliban Pakistan (TTP). Former Taliban have been fighting against foreign occupation forces in Afghanistan for last twenty years and made the enemy bite the dust. TTP, on the other hand, was created by the evil axis CIA-RAW-NDS for carrying out terrorist attacks in Pakistan. Afghan Taliban have never fired even a bullet against any Pakistani or worked against Pak interests. The terrorists of TTP have killed scores of innocent Pakistanis in schools, markets, parks, mosques, i.e. everywhere, by carrying out numerous terrorist attacks. These scumbags are currently being wiped out by Pak security forces resulting in less terroris attacks in Pakistan.

Why do we need a lot of non-nuclear deterrents against the Taliban Regime? When did Afghan Taliban threatened Pakistan? Give a few examples.
TBH, I think this is a grave threat. Bigger than India. If that is too much overkill at least we can bring down strategic mountains from where they can pass especially since they just got access to the very strategic location in Balochistan-Afghanistan Area.

We need to crack down on the Heroin Trade as well. And improve our Artillery is a push for just that.
Again make some sense out of your BS by justifying it.

Pakistan's artillery is in great shape in terms of mobile SP, and MLRS's, but needs work on fixed towed guns.

Pakistan's artillery is in great shape in terms of mobile SP, and MLRS's, but needs work on fixed towed guns.
Don't you think fixed or towed guns era has gone.

We need 300 km range 300 mm smart rockets in big numbers to neutralize Indian Air bases on our borders

In simple fairness, we need a lot of non-nuclear deterrents against the Taliban Regime. They are gaining ground, and now we need to go ahead and modernize our western fronts as well, I guess I was thinking the other day, just like the US had plans to use nukes to blow holes underground. I have a really cool idea of blowing holes with nukes in the border with Afghanistan, essentially making a living wall. And when the Taliban come we use artillery to put them in the death pit. TBH, I think this is a grave threat. Bigger than India. If that is too much overkill at least we can bring down strategic mountains from where they can pass especially since they just got access to the very strategic location in Balochistan-Afghanistan Area.

Are you for real or are you on hash?? We don't have got any issues with Taliban and they have got their own country to look after and let them do their job.

Back
Top Bottom