What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

AS550 Fennec

12346699_969788689762785_247471852_n.jpg

i came across an officer who was cobra gunship pilot. i asked him about z-10 and its effectiveness as compared to cobras. He mentioned that cobra gunship is better than z-10. He mentioned some issues such as temperature rising too early in z-10 i.e. it reaches 50 degrees right away when z-10 is started whereas in cobra it reaches 50 degrees after reasonable flight time plus maintenance issues.

It was a chance meeting and i could not talk to him more. I would like to know comments from experts regarding the pilot's observations and possibility of removal of any such issues in z-10 in near future.

There is not much damage to air frame likely to be repaired.
Once airframe is minutely damaged and heli is toppled then stresses make it beyond economical repair.

The most costly part is the MGB or main gear box....few countries of the world have metallurgy capabilities to manufacture that. Once rotors touch any thing the stresses of torque render the MGB useless....rotors themselves are replaceable but not the MGB as its joints with main frame cannot be rebuilt.

Once airframe is minutely damaged and heli is toppled then stresses make it beyond economical repair.
OK kindly explain it further...
This can apply on Jet fighters but helos sorry i don't agree with you..

OK kindly explain it further...
This can apply on Jet fighters but helos sorry i don't agree with you..
Ok, the MGB transfers engine power from linear to rotation . means that approximately 30000RPM are reduced when these reach to rotors to approx 260- 280 RPM.....U can imagine the torque produced so there are enormous amount of rotational momentum created.......u try spinning while ur arms open at high speed and then tell some body to stick some thing in the way ....u will understand quiet well; therefore once rotors touch ground or some thing the small gears in MGB bear extreme torque which is then passed to the main frame through joints of MGB and main frame and usually heli is a total loss due to high Gs shock.

ohooo shukhur hy Pilots aor dosrey jawan bhai safe hain. yar koi apna plant bhi lagao aor achy helis banany ke liye bahut old ho chuky hain sub

Ok, the MGB transfers engine power from linear to rotation . means that approximately 30000RPM are reduced when these reach to rotors to approx 260- 280 RPM.....U can imagine the torque produced so there are enormous amount of rotational momentum created.......u try spinning while ur arms open at high speed and then tell some body to stick some thing in the way ....u will understand quiet well; therefore once rotors touch ground or some thing the small gears in MGB bear extreme torque which is then passed to the main frame through joints of MGB and main frame and usually heli is a total loss due to high Gs shock.
I am expecting the same from you...U know who i am electrical eng Instrumentation..
Brother or sister this issue long back solved.. with the help of spring torque handler whenever rotors on extreme pressure or stop by force springe expanded and rotor blade gear separated from the main gear box..check it and then reply...

Back
Top Bottom