What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

I am expecting the same from you...U know who i am electrical eng Instrumentation..
Brother or sister this issue long back solved.. with the help of spring torque handler whenever rotors on extreme pressure or stop by force spribe expanded and rotor blade gear separated from the main gear box..check it and then reply...

No my dear, now a days rotors are fully articulated to lead ,lag, feather and to flap.....If you understand that extreme forward momentum and change in RPM governed by the RPM governer are experienced during flying and no such mechanism can be installed fool proof....why because if you experience bird strike mid air then rotor will be detached due to extreme jolt and there you go.

No my dear, now a days rotors are fully articulated to lead ,lag, feather and to flap.....If you understand that extreme forward momentum and change in RPM governed by the RPM governer are experienced during flying and no such mechanism can be installed fool proof....why because if you experience bird strike mid air then rotor will be detached due to extreme jolt and there you go.
yes detached but after release of pressure attached to main GB again....

a fraction of second pressure and ground hit totally different brother,

yes detached but after release of pressure attached to main GB again....

a fraction of second pressure and ground hit totally different brother,

Kindly go and see the diagrams of a thing called Main Rotor head. hinges and its Hub..........You might understand.

Kindly go and see the diagrams of a thing called Main Rotor head. hinges and its Hub..........You might understand.
Bro please grow and see modern rotor design.

Since last decade rotor deigned in such fashion that any extra pressure detached blades from the main G.B.

and re=attached in fraction of second as soon as pressure releases.

Since last decade rotor deigned in such fashion that any extra pressure detached blades from the main G.B.

and re=attached in fraction of second as soon as pressure releases.
How do you know so much about rotor design?

How do you know so much about rotor design?
Sir i am instrumentation engineer in my university UET as part of our study we discuss and debate how to prevent damage to gear box of any engine with high RPM i come to know how modern engine design works to prevent accidental stoppage of wheels and rotators to damage gear boxes, even in 80 the design I study exists. And I don’t know either the subject engine support this or not but it is highly presumable fact it does.

Sir i am instrumentation engineer in my university UET as part of our study we discuss and debate how to prevent damage to gear box of any engine with high RPM i come to know how modern engine design works to prevent accidental stoppage of wheels and rotators to damage gear boxes, even in 80 the design I study exists. And I don’t know either the subject engine support this or not but it is highly presumable fact it does.
What you described was the rotor / GB of the AW139, that's why the question. So you work as an instrumentation engineer, and eat snakes as a hobby?

What you described was the rotor / GB of the AW139, that's why the question. So you work as an instrumentation engineer, and eat snakes as a hobby?
hahaa yes as hobby and passion. Sir as i told you it is highly presumable since I hav't study subject engine. I am doing calibration of pressure gauges and flow controls for oil and gas field for my company past nine years.

@Khafee Highly recomended pls watch. simply implementing this thing with few changes we can make the huge difference

The mechanisim i discussed somewhat works like that.

New parts will be required from the manufacturer to rebuild the helo if the army boys conclude otherwise it will go to the scrap heap.

New parts will be required from the manufacturer to rebuild the helo if the army boys conclude otherwise it will go to the scrap heap.
Rotor blade assembly along with connecting shaft and some gears but i believe if the main gear box is not damaged then helo can be repairable.

After the Jf-17 and trainer aircrafts pakistan should focus on designing a transport and attack heli for its army with the help of the chinese aviation ..

PAA needs a dedicated strike aircraft on the lines of A-10 , SU-25 etc that can relieve PAF from carrying the burden of not only giving air cover to PA but also performing air interdiction missions.

Considering the aircrafts already operated by PAF and slated for retirement are F-7 and Mirage III/V.

A-5 was a great choice, it was very cheap to procure and maintenance cost was low. It had 10 hard points and could carry a variety of air to ground ordnance including guided, unguided etc bombs. Infact PAF also used it for A2A CAP's. Retired and out of service, it might be a cumbersome task to bring its support and maintenance system back to life.

The light trainers K-8 and MFI-17 cannot carry enough ordnance to strike the enemy targets and their ecm and avionics is basic level. However, as last resort, they can have pylons added to them to carry A2G ordnance.

Mirages III/V are even older than F-7 though they are more potent and effective than F-7, even Non-ROSE ones. Most of Mirages acquired in the last batch were attained to be cannabalized for parts which means that apart from ROSE modified, the other mirages have almost non existent life on their air frames. PAF wanted to convert more Mirages to ROSE standards but changed decision due to over bearing cost and importantly coz of old ageing air frames. Retired Non-Rose Mirages can spark more crashes than sortie rates. On the other hand, PAF might need them for parts to keep ROSE squadrons airworthy for next many years.

PAF may not let go of F-7 PG quickly. It has an upgraded radar and its performance at high altitude is good.

The F-7P replaced by JF-17 can be the choice of aircraft for PAA for ground strike missions. SLAF and BAF have used them as ground strike aircraft with different munitions. BAF has also modified F-7 by increasing its hard points from 5 to 7.

F-7P already has the support and maintenance infrastructure available for operations. There are 100+ F-7P in PAF service. Even if a 12-18 aircrafts squadron is given to the three commands of PA: Northern,Central and Southern, 50 odd aircrafts would be required.

The AGM-65 maverick in PAF service is used by F-16's, though its an under utilization for it. F-16 in PAF has many other significant roles.

If this weapon is integrated with Grifo radar of F-7P and used by PAA , having a range of around of 20km can be used effectively to hit enemy tanks, Mobile SAM's, Ammo and Fuel dumps, C4I and other command centres, important bridges etc.
Originally a TV guided missile but in later variants the resolution has been enhanced so pilots dont need to get really close to target to fire it as some versions are IR and laser homing targetting.It can be used with LANTRIN and even Altis pod on PAF F-16's.
C-704 is considered the chinese equivalent of AGM-65, although C-704 is an anti-ship missile.

F-7 has basic 2 X 30mm cannons. Non guided 500kg bombs or Mk82 bombs may also be used. BAF uses cluster, anti runway and PGM bombs.
It can already carry Aim-9 A2A missile.

Though the loiter time is less but if it can show up in time of need, engage, strike and turn away, its a bang for buck.

With the induction of a dedicated strike aircraft in PAA, the distress calls for air cover as well as air support by PA can be met easily without hampering PAF ops.

PAA needs a dedicated strike aircraft on the lines of A-10 , SU-25 etc that can relieve PAF from carrying the burden of not only giving air cover to PA but also performing air interdiction missions.

Considering the aircrafts already operated by PAF and slated for retirement are F-7 and Mirage III/V.

A-5 was a great choice, it was very cheap to procure and maintenance cost was low. It had 10 hard points and could carry a variety of air to ground ordnance including guided, unguided etc bombs. Infact PAF also used it for A2A CAP's. Retired and out of service, it might be a cumbersome task to bring its support and maintenance system back to life.

The light trainers K-8 and MFI-17 cannot carry enough ordnance to strike the enemy targets and their ecm and avionics is basic level. However, as last resort, they can have pylons added to them to carry A2G ordnance.

Mirages III/V are even older than F-7 though they are more potent and effective than F-7, even Non-ROSE ones. Most of Mirages acquired in the last batch were attained to be cannabalized for parts which means that apart from ROSE modified, the other mirages have almost non existent life on their air frames. PAF wanted to convert more Mirages to ROSE standards but changed decision due to over bearing cost and importantly coz of old ageing air frames. Retired Non-Rose Mirages can spark more crashes than sortie rates. On the other hand, PAF might need them for parts to keep ROSE squadrons airworthy for next many years.

PAF may not let go of F-7 PG quickly. It has an upgraded radar and its performance at high altitude is good.

The F-7P replaced by JF-17 can be the choice of aircraft for PAA for ground strike missions. SLAF and BAF have used them as ground strike aircraft with different munitions. BAF has also modified F-7 by increasing its hard points from 5 to 7.

F-7P already has the support and maintenance infrastructure available for operations. There are 100+ F-7P in PAF service. Even if a 12-18 aircrafts squadron is given to the three commands of PA: Northern,Central and Southern, 50 odd aircrafts would be required.

The AGM-65 maverick in PAF service is used by F-16's, though its an under utilization for it. F-16 in PAF has many other significant roles.

If this weapon is integrated with Grifo radar of F-7P and used by PAA , having a range of around of 20km can be used effectively to hit enemy tanks, Mobile SAM's, Ammo and Fuel dumps, C4I and other command centres, important bridges etc.
Originally a TV guided missile but in later variants the resolution has been enhanced so pilots dont need to get really close to target to fire it as some versions are IR and laser homing targetting.It can be used with LANTRIN and even Altis pod on PAF F-16's.
C-704 is considered the chinese equivalent of AGM-65, although C-704 is an anti-ship missile.

F-7 has basic 2 X 30mm cannons. Non guided 500kg bombs or Mk82 bombs may also be used. BAF uses cluster, anti runway and PGM bombs.
It can already carry Aim-9 A2A missile.

Though the loiter time is less but if it can show up in time of need, engage, strike and turn away, its a bang for buck.

With the induction of a dedicated strike aircraft in PAA, the distress calls for air cover as well as air support by PA can be met easily without hampering PAF ops.

Getting aircraft for PA will bring more financial burden on it and nor we have the resources to get. Yeah if they can get some used A-10s that's another thing but still it will need lot of money to keep them running.

Better is to get more attack helicopters and good ones which can survive for long on the battlefield plus a mobile air defense system which can keep up with armored formations and give them protection from aerial threats. This solution is more economical and feasible.

Another prospective addition on the lines of AC-130 SPOOKY.

Y-8 Gunship
: A projected gunship version based on the Y-8C with two heavy cannon and ports for three heavy machine-guns on the port side of the aircraft. Weapons aiming and target acquisition achieved by gyro-stabilised optoelectronic sighting system in a ball turret under the nose. A steerable searchlight would be installed in a pod under the port outer wing, as well as ESM and/or ECM pods as required.

Back
Top Bottom