What's new

Pakistan Army APC Inventory

I am aware of a stop gap program against IED's RCIED's to be exact a large numbers of jammers were bought from NRTC and I have seen them on almost every vehicle in Waziristan and some in Balochistan. In fact there are man portable jammers in use some handheld some not. But in the end I hope we get some MRAPS since I also have the same enthusiasm as you for them.
see this post

HIT interceptor isn't made for preventing IEDs but rather ambushes by small calibre weapons. What the army needs are something like the Hamza MCV by the Cavalier group.
I know they are made for small arms protection only but they could be fitted with jammers for countering IED's and money wouldn't be a problem.

I know they are made for small arms protection only but they could be fitted with jammers for countering IED's and money wouldn't be a problem.
Well jammers aren't a miracle drug so to speak what we need is MRAPs it would be far cheaper and reasonable to acquire MRAPs than buy something like the HIT Interceptor and then adding jammers to it.

Hamza 6x6 mcv is likely going to be dual role for both coin ops and combat with India ops since it can withstand 14.5mm with normal armour package. While additional armour package is offered to either protection level from 20mm rounds or to place a RPG net around vehicle. I think we will see it in service soon. IDEAS is just around the corner and we will get to know more about it.

Well jammers aren't a miracle drug so to speak what we need is MRAPs it would be far cheaper and reasonable to acquire MRAPs than buy something like the HIT Interceptor and then adding jammers to it.
Yea no , Mraps are meant to protect the individuals inside from a mine or ied hidden road side. In pakistani experience these are remote controlled in 90% cases or are either mines. So jammers do save against these. However what a jammer doesn't save against and what cause the most casualties are VBIED or People wearing suicide vests.
A mrap doesnt provide protection against these either since in most cases the explosion happens and effects the side of the mrap which only has armour levels the same as HIT interceptor.

However I am all in for PA acquiring Cobra vehicle family (standard chassis as well as mrap chassis variant ) for the LAVA program which is long due now and supplementing with heavier indigenous mraps.

Hamza 6x6 mcv is likely going to be dual role for both coin ops and combat with India ops since it can withstand 14.5mm with normal armour package. While additional armour package is offered to either protection level from 20mm rounds or to place a RPG net around vehicle. I think we will see it in service soon. IDEAS is just around the corner and we will get to know more about it.

Yea no , Mraps are meant to protect the individuals inside from a mine or ied hidden road side. In pakistani experience these are remote controlled in 90% cases or are either mines. So jammers do save against these. However what a jammer doesn't save against and what cause the most casualties are VBIED or People wearing suicide vests.
A mrap doesnt provide protection against these either since in most cases the explosion happens and effects the side of the mrap which only has armour levels the same as HIT interceptor.

However I am all in for PA acquiring Cobra vehicle family (standard chassis as well as mrap chassis variant ) for the LAVA program which is long due now and supplementing with heavier indigenous mraps.
Cobra vehicle??
You mean Otokar Cobra.

Why doesn't FC get the HIT Interceptor as Light Armoured Vehicle to Replace and complement the Hilux??
@PanzerKiel
Again, whatever the FC gets or want to get, the MoI has to approve and process. Despite being army officers posted in FC, to move a simple file in MoI is a big hassle...red tape etc......MoI doesnt respond well to army officers....

Again, whatever the FC gets or want to get, the MoI has to approve and process. Despite being army officers posted in FC, to move a simple file in MoI is a big hassle...red tape etc......MoI doesnt respond well to army officers....
Said it a million times already but everybody on PDF has served in FC, MOI and Army already so their minds are made up.

Btw, there should be practical comparison between 12.7 mm, 20/25 mm and 30 mm cannon's effectiveness and targets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom