What's new

Pakistan Army APC Inventory

MRAPS= pretty useless in a conventional war.

Do remember, our primary threat is India, hence the procurement focus being things to use against them.
We have lost 10000 soldiers in this war on terror. In fact more then that and double the amount has lost limbs. And no they are not useless. When ever they have been used inside Pakistan they have done the job and saved lives. In Quetta a suicide bomber hit Police MRAP when it was raiding a house in Quetta all inside survived. Just recently an IED attack took place on one MRAP. Again all inside survived. So no they are quite effective.

We have lost 10000 soldiers in this war on terror. In fact more then that and double the amount has lost limbs. And no they are not useless. When ever they have been used inside Pakistan they have done the job and saved lives. In Quetta a suicide bomber hit Police MRAP when it was raiding a house in Quetta all inside survived. Just recently an IED attack took place on one MRAP. Again all inside survived. So no they are quite effective.

MRAPS= pretty useless in a *conventional war.*

read again jaani

MRAPS= pretty useless in a *conventional war.*

read again jaani
Even in them they are not. You can use modern day MRAP just like you can use wheeled APC to move your troops. In fact they can be quite useful if you think your enemy has laid mines in some areas.

You can get a certain type of weapon but its deployment in combat effectively is where the practicality of that weapon lies. Bushmaster is a MRAP which is used for mobility of infantry, as such can be made operational in regular formations of military and police.

The IED threat has to be tackled with counter measures and operational strategy, not just a MRAP. The losses of MRAPs even though saving soldier's lives is still not productive. The deployment of IEDs against friendly forces has to cease. The material used for making IEDs has to be made scarce in open market. Checks and balances on movement is paramount. Deployment of police/soldiers on pickets and movement of convoys has to be -re-assessed. Cohesion between MOI and GHQ as well as other stakeholders has to be practical. C-IED devices have to be made common in formations for use.

You can get a certain type of weapon but its deployment in combat effectively is where the practicality of that weapon lies. Bushmaster is a MRAP which is used for mobility of infantry, as such can be made operational in regular formations of military and police.

The IED threat has to be tackled with counter measures and operational strategy, not just a MRAP. The losses of MRAPs even though saving soldier's lives is still not productive. The deployment of IEDs against friendly forces has to cease. The material used for making IEDs has to be made scarce in open market. Checks and balances on movement is paramount. Deployment of police/soldiers on pickets and movement of convoys has to be -re-assessed. Cohesion between MOI and GHQ as well as other stakeholders has to be practical. C-IED devices have to be made common in formations for use.
Agreed but for the short time we need MRAPs for the long term we can gradually decline the capacity of Ts, saving lives should be the top priority at this rate of attrition we will lose experienced men without a dime and a nickel left.

@Zarvan

Last edited:
In short Aerial Surveillance/armed drones (Convoys are baits--use them and lure the terr in to the open), Digital mapping of terrain around highways/roadways and compare them with videos taken routinely to see what has been disturbed on the ground--this is done through computers) , MRAPS equipped with jammers (A must, it saps the morale of the soldier to fight in open topped vehicles and they tend to disengage the moment they are in a fire zone), and QRF Helo support.

Bottom line is keep the morale up of the soldiers, go on offensive through aerial support, and helo borne QRF should deliver the punch. The men on the ground if they know support is available at their call then they will stand and fight. Right now in most ambush engagements, terr. have the upper hand and our jawan literally get butchered. Alone on a desolate mountain pass with vehicle disabled by an IED or an RPG and half of your team already picked off one by one in an open topped vehicle..... with surrounding mountains peppered with terr raining hot lead,..... not many will stand and fight.

My 2c worth

Take this with tot and make 8*8 in-house
BC0F1ED9-7352-457A-824C-12C9EB95141D.jpeg

In short Aerial Surveillance/armed drones (Convoys are baits--use them and lure the terr in to the open), Digital mapping of terrain around highways/roadways and compare them with videos taken routinely to see what has been disturbed on the ground--this is done through computers) , MRAPS equipped with jammers (A must, it saps the morale of the soldier to fight in open topped vehicles and they tend to disengage the moment they are in a fire zone), and QRF Helo support.

Bottom line is keep the morale up of the soldiers, go on offensive through aerial support, and helo borne QRF should deliver the punch. The men on the ground if they know support is available at their call then they will stand and fight. Right now in most ambush engagements, terr. have the upper hand and our jawan literally get butchered. Alone on a desolate mountain pass with vehicle disabled by an IED or an RPG and half of your team already picked off one by one in an open topped vehicle..... with surrounding mountains peppered with terr raining hot lead,..... not many will stand and fight.

My 2c worth
Those are some effective and practical points :tup:

I also advocate helo borne QRF especially the vastness of Baluchistan and the vulnerability of FC posts spread out there.

Agreed but for the short time we need MRAPs for the long term we can gradually decline the capacity of Ts, saving lives should be the top priority at this rate of attrition we will lose experienced men without a dime and a nickel left.

@Zarvan
We always need MRAP even those countries which hardly see suicide or IED attacks have MRAP for their Police and Armed Forces. In any police assault operation whether it's against robbers or some murderer they should travel in MRAP I mean SWAT or assault team so does Army. That is why you need two or three different type of MRAP of different sizes.

MRAPS= pretty useless in a conventional war.

Do remember, our primary threat is India, hence the procurement focus being things to use against them.
So what you're trying to say? Let's not have MRAP? Let those people who fought against Taliban and TTP to needlessly die because MRAP is useless against India?

We always need MRAP even those countries which hardly see suicide or IED attacks have MRAP for their Police and Armed Forces. In any police assault operation whether it's against robbers or some murderer they should travel in MRAP I mean SWAT or assault team so does Army. That is why you need two or three different type of MRAP of different sizes.
I am aware of a stop gap program against IED's RCIED's to be exact a large numbers of jammers were bought from NRTC and I have seen them on almost every vehicle in Waziristan and some in Balochistan. In fact there are man portable jammers in use some handheld some not. But in the end I hope we get some MRAPS since I also have the same enthusiasm as you for them.

Last edited:
I am aware of stop gap program against IED's RCIED's to be exact a large numbers of jammers were bought from NRTC and I have seen them on almost every vehicle in Waziristan and some in Balochistan. In fact there are man portable jammers in use some handheld some not. But in the end I hope we get some MRAPS since I also have the same enthusiasm as you for them.
In use by Engineers or infantry battalions?

Back
Top Bottom