What's new

Pakistan and China bust human trafficking ring disguised as marriage proposals

Yes, he is emotional in his posts, but there is an element of honesty in his posts. Many Pakistan PDF members bought into the absurd fake stories like "Forced prostitution" and "Organ harvesting" while there was not evidence at all. Only confirmed crime these Chinese fyckups are being accused of is "Operating Illegal Marriage Agency", but does this illegal activity justify the uproar of angry and the outburst of emotional insults? Or there is something more to it???

Not many, I'd say a handful.

the amount of fuss over this incident is amazing.

As Pakistan's population gets larger and poorer expect more of these cases

I do not think strategic co-operation between China and Pakistan will end over such petty incidents. I saw some folks expressing concern that this publicity will hurt China-Pakistan co-operation. People do not understand how these matters are conducted. Chinese could slaughter a million Muslims in riots and Pakistan would look the other way and continue relationship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48260397
The Pakistani brides being trafficked to China
By Saher BalochBBC Urdu, Lahore
_106949483_whatsappimage2019-04-26at12.43.00pm-1-2.png

Image captionSophia (right) married a Chinese man after her pastor made introductions
The marriage between a local Christian woman and a Chinese Christian man six months ago in the eastern Pakistani city of Faisalabad had all the signs of a perfect match.

She was 19, he was 21. She was a trained beautician, he a businessman selling cosmetics.

Her family didn't have much money but the groom generously offered to pay all the wedding expenses.

The proceedings took place in strict accordance with Pakistani customs. This pleased her parents, who felt that their daughter's new Chinese husband respected local traditions.

There was a formal proposal, followed by a henna ceremony, and finally the "baraat", where a procession arrives at the bride's house, vows are exchanged and the bride leaves to start a new life with her husband.

But within a month, the woman, who only wants to be known as Sophia to protect her identity, would be back at her parents' home. She escaped what she now believes was a racket to traffic Pakistani women into a life of sexual servitude in China."

The result of increasing poverty. Opens ppl up to exploitation.

Yes, he is emotional in his posts, but there is an element of honesty in his posts. Many Pakistan PDF members bought into the absurd fake stories like "Forced prostitution" and "Organ harvesting" while there was not evidence at all. Only confirmed crime these Chinese fyckups are being accused of is "Operating Illegal Marriage Agency", but does this illegal activity justify the uproar of angry and the outburst of emotional insults? Or there is something more to it???

I understand brother, and I know its not nice reading comments against Chinese citizens, but if you read this entire thread roughly 90 percent of them haven't spoken against China as a state. The other 10 percent are fools, in fact, I have fought against them myself defending China's interests in Xinjiang on this forum. Chinese and Pakistani members must understand one thing. You can't throw away this relationship in a bin because someone from the opposing side on the internet spoke against your country. That seems foolish, number one they don't represent the Govt or the masses, and number two the poster could have a fake ID. Crimes exist in all societies and in the future, they will continue to exists. Our reaction should be simple, any bad egg should be punished.

I do not think strategic co-operation between China and Pakistan will end over such petty incidents. I saw some folks expressing concern that this publicity will hurt China-Pakistan co-operation.

Of course, diplomatic relation and public sentiment aren't aways in sync. Just like US-Saudi relation

I understand brother, and I know its not nice reading comments against Chinese citizens, but if you read this entire thread roughly 90 percent of them haven't spoken against China as a state. The other 10 percent are fools, in fact, I have fought against them myself defending China's interests in Xinjiang on this forum. Chinese and Pakistani members must understand one thing. You can't throw away this relationship in a bin because someone from the opposing side on the internet spoke against your country. That seems foolish, number one they don't represent the Govt or the masses, and number two the poster could have a fake ID. Crimes exist in all societies and in the future, they will continue to exists. Our reaction should be simple, any bad egg should be punished.

I know. Thank you for your rational voice.

Keep simmering in China's social media:
https://m.weibo.cn/6588683661/4373002613061722
As I predicted (and here), eventually somebody is going to get hurt or killed. Chinese people and Pakistani people are way too different. Our cooperation should be limited to "I attack India from the East. You attack India from the West." Ordinary people-to-people interactions will only result in disaster and endanger the military alliance.

Back
Top Bottom