What's new

Pakistan again under pressure to join Saudi coalition

I went for an iftar to a Pakistani restaurant a couple of days back and saw a couple of Pak navy guys tearing apart chicken botis with typical fauji zeal. i was surprised to see them as Riyadh is not a coastal city. No idea what they were doing there.

Probably came all the way from Karachi when they heard about the tasty Chicken botis in this restaurant !

Pakistan has accepted too many gifts from Saudi in the past. Nobody gives gifts for free, Saudi always expected Pak to come to their defence, or as in this case - to their offensive.

Pakistanis will have to fight and some will die for Saudis, just a matter of time.

Gifts are just GIFTS.
All Pakistanis will fight for Saudi Arabia (not for Saudis , and not some BUT ALL will wish to die for Saudi Arabia..... but not against houthis .. and yes ,, Matter of time.

We all hate Al Saud, i have met people who follow a school of thought that is closer to them, but still hate them. But let's think realistically, yes if we join them there can be some rift between our people, Shia-Sunni, yes Iran will be pissed off. But don't we have that rift already and we are in no love relationship with Iran either.

In 1991 when Saddam attacked Kuwait, we had an awesome opportunity that was missed by Gen Baig. We could have moved in and stopped Saddam with the help of Saudia, GCC and other Muslim countries and that too using the money of Saudia and Kuwait, each paid 9 Billion USD to USA.

Think just how different this world would have been, no US forces in KSA so OBL would have no justification for Al-Qaida.
We could have had a whole corps equipped and paid by the Saudis stationed in KSA and Gulf, which would have acted as our reserves in case things flare up at our eastern border. More jobs for Pakistanis in KSA and Gulf, oil at deferred payments if not free, and also some say in these countries relationship with our eastern neighbor.

I won't call this an opportunity of the same magnitude, but an opportunity nevertheless. KSA is pretty isolated right now,with US having not much interest in ME because of the discovery of the shale gas and pro-Iran regimes coming to power in the region (Iraq, Yemen, Assad don't seem to be going anywhere either). They are scared and won't even hesitate asking for help from even the Israelis if need be, so why not us.

Yes i agree that one should only fight its own wars, but wars are fought to serve the interest of your country, US soldiers fighting in Desert Storm had no love for liberating Kuwait or protecting KSA, they were serving the interest of their nation and i see economic and strategic interest of Pakistan can be served if we can use KSA's insecurity the right way.

Well.. Atleast one improvement (?) is evident here. Pakistanis are no longer captive to "Ummah" theory and are willing to reject even Saudi's offers. A selfish nation develops faster.

Well.. Atleast one improvement (?) is evident here. Pakistanis are no longer captive to "Ummah" theory and are willing to reject even Saudi's offers. A selfish nation develops faster.
"Ummah theory" is still there mate, well for most of us it is, but we think that most heinous crimes against our Ummah were committed by these Saudi's and Irani's, so there's no love for them.

and why so ?

Well ! if you are aware of symptoms/symbols of doom's day.. you will came to know that a person will dig the floor of Kaaba and that wars will happen at that time. and not a single Arab will fight in those wars from our side (Allah's side) . that will be "We guys".. the Ajmi's

We are simply asking Saudi royal family to negotiate with houtis and resolve the issue with bilateral talk because war is not going to help anybody. We are dealing with issues that are more complicated so Saudi family should consider or may I say should take into account that we are already in the state of war.

Last edited:
Saudis do not trust their own army in case they turn against the Saudi Royal family! They need Pakistan Army to do the fighting while treating Pakistani workers in Saudi Arabia like cheap expandable labour.

They can bomb them but they still need boots on the ground to finish the job!

It's not 'selfish' to not blindly follow a stupid country into a stupid war. Pakistan's interest don't lay in Yemen, and Pakistan has nothing to gain from going there. On the other hand, it pisses of one of it's large neighbours, and it causes unrest in it's own country. I think Pakistan is becoming more and more stable right now (even though MANY other nations don't like to see it happen), and Pakistan should mind it's internal stability and economic prosperity. After 70 years, finally Pakistan is poised to take off, and ride the wave of the rising Asian economies.

Pakistan should heed to their orders for now and if possible screw the alliance then slowly back out from the alliance. An immediate rejection to the Saudi Arabian request would incur their wrath which Pakistan cannot afford.

Now all top jobs are given to Indian and labor jobs given to Bangladeshi, Thais and Philippines . Where is Pakistan. Only for death, provide protection to shiekhs ....

They dont give top jobs because they are indians, they give to indians, because they are smart, clever and have much better uni's than pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom