What's new

Pakistan again test-fires Babur Missile with range 700km

LastHope a food for thought...
Why would Pakistan risk breaking the Nuclear taboo of non-use and target an aircraft carrier with Nuclear missile when the same objective can be achieved through conventional weapons? Decision to use of Nuclear weapons is based on well thought out doctrines and well crafted strategy....they are the weapons of last resort and cannot be used to achieve limited military objectives.

You got a point TT.
I cannot answer it, as a insider told me about a N.Capable missile being worked on as Anti-ACC.

I'll ask him to read this and I will feed you back.

You got a point TT.
I cannot answer it, as a insider told me about a N.Capable missile being worked on as Anti-ACC.

That might be the tactical nuke to accomplish small task within small boundary area like Nasr etc. The US and Russia have them so why we can't??:smokin:

Congratulation,
even though i am right now in Makkah,
but after hearing this news i could not stop my self to post a reply,

now plz share information ,
is this Missile like first one, ?
what is difference ? first one and this latest one ?
any technical detail.

Most of missiles in our arsenal could be tipped with nuke but it does not mean they will always be fired with nuke.They can be fired with traditional weapon system to get limited military objective.Nuke is just last option.
So if we are working on some anti ACC nuked tipped, it does not mean it will be only fire with nuke.It could be achieved with 1000 kg warhead.:smokin:

You got a point TT.

I agree with najam that why would there be a need for Nuke tip when same can be achieved with conventional MIRVs? Its just my guess is that a current nuke tipped missile would be modified to work as a conventional ACC killer

Congratulation,
even though i am right now at Makkah,

any technical detail.

Vertical launch system
Mutitubes (3 tubes)
New Launch vehicle.

and new Babur-2 and new naval version very soon Insha Allah next year.

Now do your prays more and more and do dua for nation aor mery bhi dua. :)

LastHope a food for thought...
Why would Pakistan risk breaking the Nuclear taboo of non-use and target an aircraft carrier with Nuclear missile when the same objective can be achieved through conventional weapons? Decision to use of Nuclear weapons is based on well thought out doctrines and well crafted strategy....they are the weapons of last resort and cannot be used to achieve limited military objectives.

To my understanding nuclear capable missile does not necessarily mean that it will be equipped with nuclear warhead all the time.:azn::azn:

To my understanding nuclear missile does not necessarily mean that it will be equipped with nuclear warhead all the time.:azn::azn:

Then its not a nuclear missile.. its just a missile.
When you attach the word nuclear, you point to the warhead.
A ballistic missile is a nuclear missile when it has a nuke warhead.
Otherwise it can be just a conventional ballistic missile.

Which is why its better to stick to the terms of the type of missile and not generalize it by warhead.

Congratulation,
even though i am right now in Makkah,

any technical detail.

Pray for the nation .. the world n me too..lol

Then its not a nuclear missile.. its just a missile.
When you attach the word nuclear, you point to the warhead.
A ballistic missile is a nuclear missile when it has a nuke warhead.
Otherwise it can be just a conventional ballistic missile.

Which is why its better to stick to the terms of the type of missile and not generalize it by warhead.

What I mean to say in my previous post that a nuclear capable missile is not necessarily mean to be equipped with nuclear warhead all the time, any way I have edited my post.

I agree with najam that why would there be a need for Nuke tip when same can be achieved with conventional MIRVs? Its just my guess is that a current nuke tipped missile would be modified to work as a conventional ACC killer

Right on target! Though is is not really a current missile, the missile is obtained from what today is a Nuclear Missile.
More like starting from prototypes of the missile.

Anyways this isin't the right thread. If you want to talk more on it, create a separate thread named 'Pakistan working on Air-Craft carrier killers'. Time to lock this thread Santro.

m very happy now, from many weeks am desperately waiting for this moment.................... congrats to all Pakistan

do pray to all he will keep us under his BLESSINGS. ameen

Right on target! Though is is not really a current missile, the missile is obtained from what today is a Nuclear Missile.
More like starting from prototypes of the missile.

Anyways this isin't the right thread. If you want to talk more on it, create a separate thread named 'Pakistan working on Air-Craft carrier killers'. Time to lock this thread Santro.
lol...Well I'd rather leave it till we have something concrete on it....After all, we are not DRDOish aren't we? :)

I am very happy in the recently advancements in the cruise missile technology, Specially addition of vertical launch system and multitube system. Of course this advancement will help launching CMS from naval.

Back
Top Bottom