What's new

Pakistan again test-fires Babur Missile with range 700km

can anyone point out what's the advantages/disadvantages of vertical launch/tilted launch?

Dang.............................
Imagine several of these on naval ships.
This is a big, big boost for navy as well.

LastHope a food for thought...
Why would Pakistan risk breaking the Nuclear taboo of non-use and target an aircraft carrier with Nuclear missile when the same objective can be achieved through conventional weapons? Decision to use of Nuclear weapons is based on well thought out doctrines and well crafted strategy....they are the weapons of last resort and cannot be used to achieve limited military objectives.

Sir,

Would you kindly shed some light on the non conventional strike to take out an air craft carrier---what kind of weapons and how.

I am very happy in the recently advancements in the cruise missile technology, Specially addition of vertical launch system and multitube system. Of course this advancement will help launching CMS from naval.
Lets hope this Multi Tube works exactly like MRLS it will be great 3 cruise missiles fired in few seconds gap and causing complete destruction of enemy forces and hope these kind of tubes also are fitted in our Naval Ships

Lets hope this Multi Tube works exactly like MRLS it will be great 3 cruise missiles fired in few seconds gap and causing complete destruction of enemy forces and hope these kind of tubes also are fitted in our Naval Ships
I guess we are going to installthem on our ships like F-22p's etc...in very near future to increase the threat for our enemies....:smokin:

we had already employed multiple tube as far as i know but what in a further development in this test was a new launch vehicle and a vertical launch!
that indicates that we might see PN future frigates fitted with the Babur missile!!

thanks and best regards!
Arsalan Aslam

Agreed!
More pics here
Pakistan Successfully Tests Hatf-VII Babur Land Attack Cruise Missile ~ Pakistan Military Review
Pakistan+Successfully+Tests+Hatf-VII+Babar+Cruise+Missile+multi+tube+Missile+Launch+Vehicle+%2528MLV%2529+from+a+new+caniste+submarine+launched+version+operational+%25283%2529.JPG

Strong Pakistan = Strong Turkey

Now we need to enhance its quality, size , speed and range and also add stealth features in it. I wish its range be increased to at least 2500km and its speed be 3.0 macs min. so that it becomes impossible for any anti-missile system to shoot it down before reaching its target. Cuz most of the anti-missile systems are between 3-4macs . We need to beat them down in speed. Insha-Allah..:smokin:

guys one more question considering that we are now going to use it against Indian navy but to utilize this thing we also need decent radars for the ships dont u agree do u think that the radars of f22-p have this much range

if we were able to make a two stage ( first stage with turbojet engine & 2nd with ramjet engine ) version of babur Air-Craft Carrier missile , then it will impossible for any abm system to counter it

Sir,

Would you kindly shed some light on the non conventional strike to take out an air craft carrier---what kind of weapons and how.
No.8 Sqn operates Mirage-VPA2 and PA3 aircraft, former is a dedicated for ground attack and latter is a dedicated aircraft for naval support/deep-sea interdiction missions. AM-39 is their primary weapon. After integration of C-802/803 with JF-17, PAF will be able to assign naval support role to more than one squadrons. Harpoons might be small in number, but could be used as a deadliest weapon against such targets.

Now question comes why Nuclear tipped weapons cant be used? Using a nuclear tipped weapon won''t be a strategic move...The aftermath of its use will be drastic for both sides....And definitely will be a very expensive kill as compare to a conventional weapon.

Also making a smaller warhead is a very difficult task, it takes too much cost and effort in making one. Nasr is one good punch for the enemy, but at the same time it has a price tag as well...i don't see any reason in shooting a smaller target with an expensive weapon.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

No.8 Sqn operates Mirage-VPA2 and PA3 aircraft, former is a dedicated for ground attack and latter is a dedicated aircraft for naval support/deep-sea interdiction missions. AM-39 is their primary weapon. After integration of C-802/803 with JF-17, PAF will be able to assign naval support role to more than one squadrons. Harpoons might be small in number, but could be used as a deadliest weapon against such targets.

Thanks for this information.

Now question comes why Nuclear tipped weapons cant be used? Using a nuclear tipped weapon won''t be a strategic move...The aftermath of its use will be drastic for both sides....And definitely will be a very expensive kill as compare to a conventional weapon.

Also making a smaller warhead is a very difficult task, it takes too much cost and effort in making one. Nasr is one good punch for the enemy, but at the same time it has a price tag as well...i don't see any reason in shooting a smaller target with an expensive weapon.
Mr. TT, I guess you should ask this to TT's of Armed Forces.
What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.
...that guy killed millions, and he has destabilized several Nations for a long long time. He is the reason of misery in lives of multi-millions all over the world..

...that guy killed millions, and he has destabilized several Nations for a long long time. He is the reason of misery in lives of multi-millions all over the world..

You are right but i fail to understand how any of this is related to the thread topic.

Pakistan should now develop a new cruise missile with more speed and more range and also develop for Navy too

Back
Top Bottom