What's new

Pak govt APPROVES 6% HIKE in Defense Budget

I believe, apart from the usual operations and maintenance funds the R&D is gearing up which should be done in order to survive. So I am not at all surprised or shocked reading the heading of this news.
Any sane gov would try to reign in their spending when facing an economic crisis.
And here we have a gov that's going on a spending spree, announcing new projects, increasing defence budget. Cutting of education budgets.
None of us are blind, there exists hundreds of countries around the world, we know what's the logical course of action when your economy is in the shitteres.
No mental gymnastics can anyone give us for the intentional mismanagement being carried out.

Any sane gov would try to reign in their spending when facing an economic crisis.
And here we have a gov that's going on a spending spree, announcing new projects, increasing defence budget. Cutting of education budgets.
None of us are blind, there exists hundreds of countries around the world, we know what's the logical course of action when your economy is in the shitteres.
No mental gymnastics can anyone give us for the intentional mismanagement being carried out.

It is not just the government. It is the armed forces seeking their share. In Pakistan the army seeks and allocates its share from any government in power. Do you really think this government would be giving a defence budget to the army if it had its way?

Sir I am apolitical. I don`t support any party. But the military is just doing what it is supposed to be doing. It is the mismanagement by the government or elected officials.
Yes I also agree, education sector has witnessed a cut in their funds.

Sir I am apolitical. I don`t support any party. But the military is just doing what it is supposed to be doing. It is the mismanagement by the government or elected officials.
The armed forces of Pakistan is supposed to be another Organ of state institutions. Anything effective the country must effect the armed forces as well.
The Pakistan army is not located in some foreign country, or uses some other currency than the rupee, or part of some other economic machinery than the Pakistan economy.
You redeem all the benefits whilst not being effected from the negative.

The problem is that the military is doing too much. What business does the military have in running foreign affairs? What business does the military have in deciding whether the country should have an independent or balanced foreign policy? What business do generals have with overthrowing and importing governments on the behest of foreign powers?

The military doesn't allocate nor seek defence budget. The defence budget is decided by the democratically elected government.

The armed forces of Pakistan is supposed to be another Organ of state institutions. Anything effective the country must effect the armed forces as well.
The Pakistan army is not located in some foreign country, or uses some other currency than the rupee, or part of some other economic machinery than the Pakistan economy.
Sir it`s a hard reality but defense should be the top priority if sovereignty, autonomy and integrity are to be kept intact. An outdated weapon is of no use against a latest technology. It`s bringing knife to a gunfight.

Sir I am a civilian.

The problem is that the military is doing too much. What business does the military have in running foreign affairs? What business does the military have in deciding whether the country should have an independent or balanced foreign policy? What business do generals have with overthrowing and importing governments on the behest of foreign powers?

The military doesn't allocate nor seek defence budget. The defence budget is decided by the democratically elected government.
I am not privy to their policies. I don`t even know if they have any say in formulating our foreign policies. But being a student, my analysis is military must be consulted in foreign policies because they are well informed of the intentions and stances of states.

This doesn't include pensions so actual defence budget is 25% of tax collection this FY, still too much. Need to bring down to 15% by cutting army size along with perks.

Sir it`s a hard reality but defense should be the top priority if sovereignty, autonomy and integrity are to be kept intact. An outdated weapon is of no use against a latest technology. It`s bringing knife to a gunfight.

Sir I am a civilian.

I am not privy to their policies. I don`t even know if they have any say in formulating our foreign policies. But being a student, my analysis is military must be consulted in foreign policies because they are well informed of the intentions and stances of states.

You are very well informed. Don't play semantics. The Pakistani army interferes in domestic and foreign politics. Consulation is not the same as meddling.

You are very well informed. Don't play semantics. The Pakistani army interferes in domestic and foreign politics. Consulation is not the same as meddling.
Dalit Sir please have mercy 😂 I have to prepare a presentation worth 25 marks. I am already too stressed. 😂😂

dollar hungry lumber 1 again going to sell respect and honor of Pakistanis for money

View attachment 851511
جیو اور جھوٹ سے بچو

geo k imam e ahzam hazrat e imran alahi salam k zamanai k card na misuse karo

at least crop geo logo properly and alter the colors somewhat.

More DHA housing societies will be created to protect Pakistani's from America/India/Israel :partay:

Bajwa and co. dream of the years when air corridor and Shamsi air base were rented out to Americans and establishment were showered with dollars.
And whats wrong with that ?

Especially exchanges where top military leaders visit to study at US military institutions. This is severely detrimental for Pakistan.
How is that detrimental ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom