What's new

Pak-China Economic corridor, details and implications.

This is true ONLY IF you count undergoing projects and recently finalized proposals. The Gwadar project is much older than any of these more recent projects, the port and proposals back during the early PPP years had half a billion dollar investment, which was completely neglected in the years between 2009-2011. There were other investments there too that are nowhere to be found in any recent news or this thread such as Saindak copper project.

And if you also count the MoU's approved and finalized, it does not seem that Balochistan has been neglected. Not least in my opinion. Also, I don't see any of these projects further up this economic corridor or the PCEC itself if the investment and infrastructure was not already in place or completed.

By doing this we are going all the way back to Musharraf time which is when investment was first made in Gwadar. From what i can recall, Chinese invested $250million back then. Likewise, an agreement of $350million was signed between China and Pakistan to develop Saindak. There is little else i can recall when it comes to big projects in Balochistan.

But then again doing so is not fair. Are we now adding up all this little investment in Balochistan over the last 10 years and comparing it to these agreements?

It would have been much fairer had the federal government used this borrowed money to increase the pace of the road projects in Balochistan. I have already provided the data and the news articles on the funding short fall NHA and Planning Commission is facing towards completing existing projects. Linking Gwadar to Quetta (onwards to Central Asia) and Ratedero (onwards to upnorth) is much more crucial both for CPEC and soothing Baloch skepticism towards the federation. Punjab government could have borrowed on her own to fund Orange line etc.

Anyone who talks of seperation bla bla bla, is a traitor and should/would be treated as such.

$33.8 billion worth of energy projects will supply energy to all of Pakistan and every province's energy requirement will be met.

As far as Infrastructure is concerned, every province should promote its planed projects among investors. They will get their investment.

so this what i get from the link provided... I have only included the projects on which proper agreements have been signed. No MOUs or Cooperation stuff is included in this list.

KPK is getting $2.7 billion whereas Balochistan only gets peanuts amounting to only $0.37 billion. All else goes to Punjab and Sindh.

View attachment 217296

I wonder what has 'Multan - Sukkhur' motorway and 'orange line' got to do anything with the CPEC? None of the cities fall on the CPEC route which is:

Given that Balochistan is literally getting nothing from the recently signed agreements, would it not have been better to use this 'loan' towards connecting Gwadar with Quetta and Ratedero? Work on both these routes is going on since ages and at very slow pace. NHA only got Rs 36 billion out of the Rs 111 billion they were supposed to get from this year's PSDP. And all this is happening when Ahsan Iqbal is complaining of running out of funds for ongoing projects: Fiscal management: Govt scrambles to find development funds - The Express Tribune

As much as this project is important for Pakistan, our political elite is least bothered about Balochistan.

Sindh $3.4 billion
KPK $2.7 billion
Baluchistan $0.37 billion

rest is punjab

Dude, anyone who brings one provinces economic terrorism on others in the limelight is "muhibb-e-wattan"....... if things are actually as they appear to be, KPK will make sure that not even one Chinese toy passes through it's territory.....nor should there be any future for it's companies in decades to come in other provinces of Pakistan. It's just part of the game, you play, we play, nothing more than good business.

We shall see how this great evil sees the light of day!

Anyone who talks of seperation bla bla bla, is a traitor and should/would be treated as such.

$33.8 billion worth of energy projects will supply energy to all of Pakistan and every province's energy requirement will be met.

As far as Infrastructure is concerned, every province should promote its planed projects among investors. They will get their investment.

Dude, anyone who brings one provinces economic terrorism on others in the limelight is "muhibb-e-wattan"....... if things are actually as they appear to be, KPK will make sure that not even one Chinese toy passes through it's territory.....nor should there be any future for it's companies in decades to come in other provinces of Pakistan. It's just part of the game, you play, we play, nothing more than good business.

We shall see how this great evil sees the light of day!
WTF dude? you we? So i'm supposed to be an evil Punjabi noora? Seriously?

What economic terrorism? All will benifit from the energy projects. Rahi baat infrastructure ki tou transport sector k lia investment lana koi mushkil nahi. You just have to show dedication like the Punjab govt.

BTW my language may be Punjabi but i am a Zadran. :P

This thread is to continue the discussion from this thread but in a more civilised manor.

@Oscar @Hyperion @ajpirzada @Samandri @Muhammad Omar @Tameem @Death Adder @Emmie @Akheilos

And anyone else who's interested and wasn't completely banned in that thread.
Oh ho I wasnt debating the corridor...I was debating why stupid PM invited his whole family from wife to son - in -law to brother and his family but forgot to invite CM of Every other PROVINCE

As for the corridor as long as people dont pocket 50% of the budget - either before it is successfully made or the money set aside to maintain it....I have little to say about the route itself!

nothing more than good business.
Make sure the play and business is GOOD FOR PAKISTAN not self interest or vengeance!

In case they need to pick up some Gillani for a joy ride :coffee:

Nah, when it comes to money, even I don't consider my dad to be my dad, he is just a person who I'm dealing with. Similarly, anything that doesn't benefit KPK & Baluchistan at their own cost, I'm rabidly opposed to it.

We maybe just chatting here, however, I, with some other heavy weights will also make sure that this issue is seriously debated in KPK assembly and then some more in the Supreme Court of Pakistan (constitution is our best friend here)....... I love the law, and always use it as most preferred tool.

By the time this is all done, I'm sure, Sharifs will come to their senses. If not, we will drag it for such a long time that MoU's will die a natural death. Mark my words. I seldom use these words, however, this is how it is, and I'm very passionate about it.

WTF dude? you we? So i'm supposed to be an evil Punjabi noora? Seriously?

What economic terrorism? All will benifit from the energy projects. Rahi baat infrastructure ki tou transport sector k lia investment lana koi mushkil nahi. You just have to show dedication like the Punjab govt.

BTW my language may be Punjabi but i am a Zadran. :P

Nah, when it comes to money, even I don't consider my dad to be my dad, he is just a person who I'm dealing with. Similarly, anything that doesn't benefit KPK & Baluchistan at their own cost, I'm rabidly opposed to it.

We maybe just chatting here, however, I, with some other heavy weights will also make sure that this issue is seriously debated in KPK assembly and then some more in the Supreme Court of Pakistan (constitution is our best friend here)....... I love the law, and always use it as most preferred tool.

By the time this is all done, I'm sure, Sharifs will come to their senses. If not, we will drag it for such a long time that MoU's will die a natural death. Mark my words. I seldom use these words, however, this is how it is, and I'm very passionate about it.
LOL heavy weights. You sure you sure you'll win this contest against Sharifs? :D

While you are at it, can you ask these wretched courts to stop staying terrorist executions?

BTW you are dodging the question. How exactly is this CPEC in conflict with KPK's interests?

Part 1. Many vested 'political' interests and corruption within the ranks of justices.

Part 2. Just hearsay up until this moment, waiting for the full picture, then first thing to do, flood the supreme court with petitions. With the speed they decide, Allah hee khair karray, up until the verdict there will be a stay and all hullahoo would have died a natural death.

Meri jan, kanoon say to shaitan bhee darta hai..... only thing we have to do is create a doubt, any doubt and then that is that........! :D

After that is done, KPK is our backyard......... kia apnay ghar mein beth karr bhee koi darta hai, woh bhee kashmirion say? :P

1. While you are at it, can you ask these wretched courts to stop staying terrorist executions?

2. BTW you are dodging the question. How exactly is this CPEC in conflict with KPK's interests?

Part 1. Many vested 'political' interests and corruption within the ranks of justices.

Part 2. Just hearsay up until this moment, waiting for the full picture, then first thing to do, flood the supreme court with petitions. With the speed they decide, Allah hee khair karray, up until the verdict there will be a stay and all hullahoo would have died a natural death.

Meri jan, kanoon say to shaitan bhee darta hai..... only thing we have to do is create a doubt, any doubt and then that is that........! :D

After that is done, KPK is our backyard......... kia apnay ghar mein beth karr bhee koi darta hai, woh bhee kashmirion say? :P
Still dodging the question.

What justification will be provided by your lawyers?

Well. That's for when it happens!
A peice of advice. China will alter the trade routes whether anybody likes it or not and they will pass through a stable, developed and secured Pakistan.

There is alot of money to be made in a developing or deteriorating country. A wise man will play along.

Keep telling yourself that. Only if you knew how states work in a federation and how the constitution can be milked to one's benefit.

We both will be here chatting for a long time, we shall see many governments rise and fall inshallah. IK is not that bright of a man, however, many other inhabitants of this province are. We shall see how this great theft sees the light of day!

A peice of advice. China will alter the trade routes whether anybody likes it or not and they will pass through a stable, developed and secured Pakistan.

There is alot of money to be made in a developing or deteriorating country. A wise man will play along.

Keep telling yourself that. Only if you knew how states work in a federation and how the constitution can be milked to one's benefit.

We both will be here chatting for a long time, we shall see many governments rise and fall inshallah. IK is not that bright of a man, however, many other inhabitants of this province are. We shall see how this great theft sees the light of day!
Indeed we shall.

We shall see a developed and prospering Pakistan. All of it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom