Pak Breaks Indian Monopoly over Vehicle Supply to Lanka

Asian.Century

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

By P K Balachandran - COLOMBO

Pakistan on Wednesday broke the Indian monopoly over the supply of transport vehicles to the Sri Lankan armed forces and the police by gifting a hundred Toyota Corolla (Altis) cars to the security forces.

The handing over ceremony was graced by the Lankan Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa and the Army Commander Lieutenant General Daya Ratnayake, Inspector General of Police N K Illangakoon, Pakistan High Commissioner Major General (Retired) Qasim Qureshi and officials of the Karachi-based manufacturer Indus Motors.

Indus Motors has been making Toyota and Daihatsu vehicle in Pakistan from 1990.

Previously, the Lankan security forces bought vehicles mostly from Tata Motors, Mahindra and Mahindra and Ashok Leyland of India but now all types of trucks, vehicles are bought from Pakistan.

Pak Breaks Indian Monopoly over Vehicle Supply to Lanka -The New Indian Express

By P K Balachandran - COLOMBO

Pakistan on Wednesday broke the Indian monopoly over the supply of transport vehicles to the Sri Lankan armed forces and the police by gifting a hundred Toyota Corolla (Altis) cars to the security forces.

The handing over ceremony was graced by the Lankan Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa and the Army Commander Lieutenant General Daya Ratnayake, Inspector General of Police N K Illangakoon, Pakistan High Commissioner Major General (Retired) Qasim Qureshi and officials of the Karachi-based manufacturer Indus Motors.

Indus Motors has been making Toyota and Daihatsu vehicle in Pakistan from 1990.

Previously, the Lankan security forces bought vehicles mostly from Tata Motors, Mahindra and Mahindra and Ashok Leyland of India.

Pak Breaks Indian Monopoly over Vehicle Supply to Lanka -The New Indian Express
Wow. Thats an ACHIEVEMENT. :tup:

I'm sure if you guys wanna give stuff away for free, there'll be people to take it. Hell you can break the monopoly in India by giving a 100 corollas to us...I'm sure GOI won't look a gift horse in the mouth as long as its a Toyota :enjoy::rofl::lol:

I'm sure if you guys wanna give stuff away for free, there'll be people to take it. Hell you can break the monopoly in India by giving a 100 corollas to us...I'm sure GOI won't look a gift horse in the mouth as long as its a Toyota :enjoy::rofl::lol:
That the FREAK. I dint notice the gift word.

I am actually laughing. How can Pakistanis think that gifting something is actually breaking the Monopoly? Can the OP explain this? :rofl:

Good news ...
Ya. Its good newz that Pakistan GIFTED stuff to Sri Lanka. :tup:

Please dont bring the words like Monopoly and all here. Indians dont care if someone breaks their monopoly in gifting stuff to others. meh

An honest observation: I thought SL was doing much better economy wise that Pakistan. The gift, should have been from SL to Pakistan - its not like Pakistan is giving weapons grade stuff (that Pakistan has more experience and skill with). Did SL ask for this? was there a tender involved? or was this just a symbolic gesture from Pak?

An honest observation: I thought SL was doing much better economy wise that Pakistan. The gift, should have been from SL to Pakistan - its not like Pakistan is giving weapons grade stuff (that Pakistan has more experience and skill with). Did SL ask for this? was there a tender involved? or was this just a symbolic gesture from Pak?
No tender for sure. Also irrespective of Common man in Pakistan, Pak Military is more rich than SL Military.

That the FREAK. I dint notice the gift word.

I am actually laughing. How can Pakistanis think that gifting something is actually breaking the Monopoly? Can the OP explain this? :rofl:
These 100 for gifted just as a good will I guess but yu guys totally ignored last paragraph.
Previously, the Lankan security forces bought vehicles mostly from Tata Motors, Mahindra and Mahindra and Ashok Leyland of India but now all types of trucks, vehicles are bought from Pakistan.

Can you guys see this word "bought"

Back
Top Bottom