What's new

PAF to induct JF17 Thunder Block III in 2016

Ok Bangalore boy.
you live in denial mode:lol:, bro think logically EF-2000 is a sanction prone jet that is what i am thinking:pakistan: and think whatever you want for me:p: just go on live in your fantasy world and can't accept the fact

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here are few questions, since I am not following the JF-17 program for a while

1. What is the real date or year, when Block-3 would be ready with realistic time, and some thing to support or hint that.

2. What are the specs, which are been finalized, or would be finalized, say for example AESA with IRST -- but which one the European solution ?? if yes, does the deal has been made, or the Chinese solution ?? if yes which one, and if any specification well and good.

3. There have been talk of the induction of the new platform other than the JF-17 -- aka Su-35, EF-2000, J-10 etc, but my question is for those high end new platform, what would be role specified like AirDefence/Air Superiority, Maritime Strike or Multirole. Pls don't add KFX or J-31 as it will take time to mature, and it is still not ready yet which could be inducted immediately. Pls post the links, interview snipetts to support them.

4. To counter the Rafale, which would be the high end Strike Package, which could operate, without the need of the Airsupport of MKI, what change of tactics, Airdefence, and deterence options are available with the PAF, and which way they will go for it.
12 SU-35 plus 24 Mig-35, they will take care or at least create some parity with the Rafale, the rest will stay at the status quo till the arrival of the 5th generation..

Hi,

I could just say something that you may not like---but I will hold on----.

That guy was a member of this board and his statements are on the forum---.

You have olny registered here since 2015---maybe snooping around couple of years before that---but this forum has been here since 2005---.

Hi,

It is an 80's design---. Pakistan needs simple functional proven modern ew suite equipped aircraft at a reasonable price and the JH7B is the best bet out there---.
Too bad, Pakistan said it won't be a Chinese aircraft but European or Russian! JH&B is a long range bomber for deep penetration, but somehow Pakistan do not want to give that impression, even the SU-36 Pakistan seems to be the most timid of all, it negotiates for 6 only..

Last edited:
Too bad, Pakistan said it won't be a Chinese aircraft but European or Russian! JH&B is a long range bomber for deep penetration, but somehow Pakistan do not want to give that impression, even the SU-36 Pakistan seems to be the most timid of all, it negotiates for 6 only..

Hi,

The discussion was about the Mirage 2k purchase in the early 90's.

you live in denial mode:lol:, bro think logically EF-2000 is a sanction prone jet that is what i am thinking:pakistan: and think whatever you want for me:p: just go on live in your fantasy world and can't accept the fact

I didn't say anything about Typhoon. I think the best option is Su-35x or J-11x/J-16x.
Also increasing jf17 production from 16 to 25 to replace older planes.

Hi,

Hi,

Well, I do understand that, but can't live in the past, there are threats that are actual and should be dealt with now..
It is too bad for the Mirage2K and the Rafale deals, but what is available now that counts most for Pakistan..
JF-17 with AESA and a sound and very decent EW suite plus some kind of active cancellation, plus more composite materials to lower its weight and increase the payload, plus and not the least a decent powerful engine that will give it more range, more maneuverability and more speed, will make miracles for PAF, but till that comes in the near future there are some options that should be exploited; for instance the 12 Qatari Mirage2K-5 and a24 of the UAE Mirage2K-9 will be a good stop gap too..

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about Typhoon. I think the best option is Su-35x or J-11x/J-16x.
Also increasing jf17 production from 16 to 25 to replace older planes.
Su-35 has a less chance get we are just started strategic relation with Russian and yes you are right we should induct J-series ASAP:pakistan:

sir they are second hand , great opportunity for PAF !
you are thinking blindly bro What if we will get EF-2000 in near future, what if EU put a ban for spares maintenance of EF-2000, just like the case of F-16 banned by US in distant past:angel::pakistan: think logically bro

Hi,

Well, I do understand that, but can't live in the past, there are threats that are actual and should be dealt with now..
It is too bad for the Mirage2K and the Rafale deals, but what is available now that counts most for Pakistan..
JF-17 with AESA and a sound and very decent EW suite plus some kind of active cancellation, plus more composite materials to lower its weight and increase the payload, plus and not the least a decent powerful engine that will give it more range, more maneuverability and more speed, will make miracles for PAF, but till that comes in the near future there are some options that should be exploited; for instance the 12 Qatari Mirage2K-5 and a24 of the UAE Mirage2K-9 will be a good stop gap too..

Hi,

Unlike other professions---for military threats---you have to plan & procure 15-20 years ahead of time.

Talking about past means to remember the treachery of the paf and when the revolution comes---they will be strung by their necks.

The Paf has not changed its ways---so a constant reminder is given to the public to share with them the deceit of Paf towards pakistan.

No French equipment is available to pakistan at this time or in near future---the M2k9's are not available to pakistan.

Hi,

Unlike other professions---for military threats---you have to plan & procure 15-20 years ahead of time.

Talking about past means to remember the treachery of the paf and when the revolution comes---they will be strung by their necks.

The Paf has not changed its ways---so a constant reminder is given to the public to share with them the deceit of Paf towards pakistan.

No French equipment is available to pakistan at this time or in near future---the M2k9's are not available to pakistan.
Hi,
I do understand your point of view.. I think Pakistan was counting too much on its friendship with the US for the period of time you've mentioned , and that was an error in planing since they should have known not to put all their eggs in the same basket, the same has happened with KSA, Egypt and other Arab or Muslim countries, they were blinded by the American and Western military tech and took business for friendship, that was the second and most dangerous fact, since there is no friendship in business, it is like they say, business is business.. now all these chaps _not only Pakistan_ are trying to catch up and repair these errors.. some are succeeding more than others.. and hopefully Pakistan or at least PAF finds a way to correct its past errors now that it knows how it works in business.. No emotions and no strings attached..

Last edited:
check it again bro:lol: EF2000 will have least chances to get by PAF in near future,if they will induct it in near future it will be the great addition by the PAF, it is wise to induct J-series from China or may be MIG-35 from russia, it is just my thought:angel::pakistan:

i am a true Pakistani and live in Karachi, you are thinking blindly bro What if we will get EF-2000 in near future, EU put a ban for spares maintenance of EF-2000, just like the case of F-16 banned by US in distant past:angel::pakistan:

In EF project there are many stakeholders out of which many already enjoy good relations with Pak and in past have supplied hi tech ammo/equipment to Pak i.e UK and Italy. So if in the past we have chosen sanction prone F16s with tied hands then one can assume that Euro fighter deal shall be more flexible considering it is trench 1 abt which we are talking and Italy may get benefited further if we go for Italian upgrades for them. The Euro fighter is much easier to handle and requires lesser overhaul/maintenance as compared to Russian/Chinese jets.

Chinese J11s or it's variants are not so far availble to Pak due to internal arrangements between China and Russia. The J10 is still maturing and facing problems regarding engine/tech. Mig 35 is just an upgraded Mig 29 which may have AESA radar but with lesser range and gadgets not reliable, complex platform may take long time to be mastered by PAF pilots with problems of maintenance/overhaul along with attrition just like J10.

Su 35 is a capable platform but with PESA radar and with Russian Air to Air missiles can it counter Rafael it is a big question mark. Similarly it has flaws regarding close turns so if PAF goes for it then they should chose SU37 variant though experimental yet can be produced if ordered in specific numbers. But in this case PAF should have in hand arrangements to face problems regarding maintenance/overhaul and supply of spares.

The biggest blunder in case of all suggested jets is JH7b which is not a multi role fighter don't have agility so may be suitable for PLA Air force/Navy but not for Pakistan a country with limitations.We require such fighter bomber which may not only can perform deep strike missions but can individually defend itself in case of air to air combat.

To me and many other sane people the Euro fighter trench-1 is the only real option which may serve PAF up to decades with relevant upgrades.

Hi,

Dear Sir, I doubt that Mirage 2K can stand any chance against Rafael or upgraded Mig 29s. PAF should not go for them.

For countering Rafale & upcoming Pak-FA, Eurofighter is the best option. Tranche 1 can be purchased (minimum Qty 60 in three batches of 20 aircraft per batch per annum) and then later upgrade them to Tranche 3 version. This will also helpful in getting the latest sub-systems like Pirate IRST, AESA radar from Selex, Britecloud DFRM Jammer & EJ2x0 engine of max 90KN thrust for upcoming JF-17 block 3 / 4s.

For countering Rafale & upcoming Pak-FA, Eurofighter is the best option. Tranche 1 can be purchased (minimum Qty 60 in three batches of 20 aircraft per batch per annum) and then later upgrade them to Tranche 3 version. This will also helpful in getting the latest sub-systems like Pirate IRST, AESA radar from Selex, Britecloud DFRM Jammer & EJ2x0 engine of max 90KN thrust for upcoming JF-17 block 3 / 4s.
But EFT is very expensive

Back
Top Bottom