What's new

PAF to induct JF17 Thunder Block III in 2016

Hi,

The desperation of pakistanis is so obvious---some of them just begining to recognize the fact that they are woefully ill-equipped for war.

In EF project there are many stakeholders out of which many already enjoy good relations with Pak and in past have supplied hi tech ammo/equipment to Pak i.e UK and Italy. So if in the past we have chosen sanction prone F16s with tied hands then one can assume that Euro fighter deal shall be more flexible considering it is trench 1 abt which we are talking and Italy may get benefited further if we go for Italian upgrades for them. The Euro fighter is much easier to handle and requires lesser overhaul/maintenance as compared to Russian/Chinese jets.

Chinese J11s or it's variants are not so far availble to Pak due to internal arrangements between China and Russia. The J10 is still maturing and facing problems regarding engine/tech. Mig 35 is just an upgraded Mig 29 which may have AESA radar but with lesser range and gadgets not reliable, complex platform may take long time to be mastered by PAF pilots with problems of maintenance/overhaul along with attrition just like J10.

Su 35 is a capable platform but with PESA radar and with Russian Air to Air missiles can it counter Rafael it is a big question mark. Similarly it has flaws regarding close turns so if PAF goes for it then they should chose SU37 variant though experimental yet can be produced if ordered in specific numbers. But in this case PAF should have in hand arrangements to face problems regarding maintenance/overhaul and supply of spares.

The biggest blunder in case of all suggested jets is JH7b which is not a multi role fighter don't have agility so may be suitable for PLA Air force/Navy but not for Pakistan a country with limitations.We require such fighter bomber which may not only can perform deep strike missions but can individually defend itself in case of air to air combat.

To me and many other sane people the Euro fighter trench-1 is the only real option which may serve PAF up to decades with relevant upgrades.

Dear Sir, I doubt that Mirage 2K can stand any chance against Rafael or upgraded Mig 29s. PAF should not go for them.

The Thread is abt JF17 block-III induction in 2016 , regards.

Hi,

So what was your above post about---.

what the JF-17 is missing is a financial investment which comes with having a massive foreign investor for example saudi. If those guys were onboard the JF-17 project the money would be there to transform the JF-17 into a hell of a machine which would have a shot at being a nightmare against some of the best and I'm not exaggerating it. If you look at block-2 it still seems a little basic, have a fighter jet which can carry 4 AAM + 2 Sea launched missiles fails to capture my immagination when i look at the design it feels like theres something additional missing

I don't agree on Jh-7b, it's pretty old design from 70s.

I might agree to Jh-7c if Chinese ever decided to reshape to make it more modern.
2zgffdf.jpg

I re-did the photoshop and uploaded this picture.

Hi,

And what are the flight parameters---.

I don't agree on Jh-7b, it's pretty old design from 70s.

I might agree to Jh-7c if Chinese ever decided to reshape to make it more modern.
2zgffdf.jpg

I re-did the photoshop and uploaded this picture.
Hi,

And what are the flight parameters---.

There is no reason to discuss JH-7C since it's just a artist impression.
Jf-17 block 3 will be coming between 2020 and 2022.

JF-17 B3 was supposed to induct in 2016, but will be inducted between 2020 and 2022. Its 4 to 5 years late, but we are expecting a high quality product with requisite essential sensors & other goodies in it that will make it true 4.5 generation aircraft.

There is no reason to discuss JH-7C since it's just a artist impression.
Jf-17 block 3 will be coming between 2020 and 2022.

Hi,

An artists impression needs to have some substance behind it---but I guess not---.

Back
Top Bottom