What's new

PAF to get hi-tech Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System

Prove your claim of your mentioned "HMDS are much more advanced than JHCMS" please.

HMDS is the thing of future while JHMCS like an upgrade package to older 4 and4.5th gen. planes... planes which would be having sensor fusion and data integration would go for HMDS to fully utilize the advantage they have over their older counterparts.. since it can perform more tasks at greater angles simultaneously... with a greater field view which would be double from what JHMCS provides.
Rather it would be better to call HMDS as a next gen. thing to JHCMS.

New 4.5 gen. planes like EF2K, Rafale, and 5th gen like F-35, PAK FA, J-20 are all going for HMDS even the F-22A might have HMDS as upgrade.

Let me provide you with a photo for understanding better.
aug_i_tt.jpg

ELEC_HMD_JHMCS_Collage_lg.jpg

f35hud8jr.jpg

You would have to turn the nose of the plane for JHMCS but you can do the same work much quicker with HMDS without turning the nose for a target at 6'o clock.

HMDS is the thing of future while JHMCS like an upgrade package to older 4 and4.5th gen. planes... planes which would be having sensor fusion and data integration would go for HMDS to fully utilize the advantage they have over their older counterparts.. since it can perform more tasks at greater angles simultaneously... with a greater field view which would be double from what JHMCS provides.
Rather it would be better to call HMDS as a next gen. thing to JHCMS.

New 4.5 gen. planes like EF2K, Rafale, and 5th gen like F-35, PAK FA, J-20 are all going for HMDS even the F-22A might have HMDS as upgrade.

Let me provide you with a photo for understanding better.
aug_i_tt.jpg

ELEC_HMD_JHMCS_Collage_lg.jpg

f35hud8jr.jpg

You would have to turn the nose of the plane for JHMCS but you can do the same work much quicker with HMDS without turning the nose for a target at 6'o clock.

Seriously? Is that the BS you get from your Bharat Rakshak and come here to troll?

Just because HMDS can show 'the back' doesn't mean it is better than JHMCS.

Infact, JHMCS is part of the larger Helmet mounted systems classification.

The more the sensors.....eyes and ears on an airplane, the more information can be fed into the pilot's helmet.

Seriously? Is that the BS you get from your Bharat Rakshak and come here to troll?

Just because HMDS can show 'the back' doesn't mean it is better than JHMCS.

Infact, JHMCS is part of the larger Helmet mounted systems classification.

The more the sensors.....eyes and ears on an airplane, the more information can be fed into the pilot's helmet.

As mentioned HMDS has many more things other than Just looking/targeting behind.
As far as I remember It has been Pakistanis who have so often supported Turning the missile rather than turning the nose... and you don't find them on BR ?
JHMCS is a next Gen. to what was present of Mig29s of 90s era.... and HMDS is another step ahead from JHMCS.
Why do you thing that all the 5th Gen Program under development are going for HMDS ?.. Did BR persuade them to do as such ?

WRONG

"JHMCS allows the pilot to simply look at a target to shoot."

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

Can you stop spreading misinformation like always. You are still yet to prove how any other HMD that is operational is superior to the JHMCS. JHMCS is the latest American tech that is in the market right now.

WRONG

"JHMCS allows the pilot to simply look at a target to shoot."

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

Can you stop spreading misinformation like always. You are still yet to prove how any other HMD that is operational is superior to the JHMCS. JHMCS is the latest American tech that is in the market right now.

Did I say anything wrong about JHMCS or its ability to target weapons ?
What I said is that the situational awareness is more inside a HMDS.
F-35 has HMDS so would EF2K and Rafale.
ELEC_HMD_F-35_HMDS_Testing_lg.jpg

striker_p0528492.jpg

ELEC_HMD_F-35_HMDS_Testing_lg.jpg

striker_p0528492.jpg

Then you must also know that HMDS are going through some technical issues and is sometime away from operationalization.

Check below article

Fancy futuristic JSF helmet still not working

Schools are already in place to train fresh F-35 pilots now that the aircraft are inching closer to actual service duty. However, one thing that was still questionable was the wild looking helmet that is intended to give the pilot a 360-degree view around the aircraft.

The problem is that the high-tech helmet that the F-35 program needs is having some significant issues with performance. Specifically, the maker of the JSF helmet, Vision Systems International, has been unable to get high quality images displayed on the pilot’s visor.

Since the availability of that fancy helmet is questionable, a contract to create another helmet with less technology crammed in has been granted to BAE Systems

BAE is using a version of the helmet that Eurofighter Typhoon pilots use. The Typhoon display that would be in the helmet is being removed and it is being replaced with a set of night vision goggles and a single eyepiece showing the heads-up display HUD.

"BAE Systems Electronic Systems is proud to be a part of the Lockheed Martin team for the F-35 HMD,” said Jim Garceau, vice president and general manager of defense avionics for BAE Systems. “The NVG HMD will enable all aspects of flight operations and it allows us to build on our long history of successful development programs with Lockheed Martin on the F-35, F-16 and F-22 programs.”

The helmet will also incorporate the BAE Q-sight and head tracking technology to help with precise weapons delivery. The modular design also allows an upgrade path for pilots to binocular visor-projected displays, alternate image sources, and night vision.

The helmet can also be easily modified if it becomes the main helmet for the F-35.

Sources: DefenseTech, BAE Systems
DailyTech - BAE Systems Lands Contract for New F-35 JSF Helmet

So, if it is not ready for F-35 yet, then having it in other jets is highly less probable in near future.

Then you must also know that HMDS are going through some technical issues and is sometime away from operationalization.

Check below article

Sources: DefenseTech, BAE Systems
DailyTech - BAE Systems Lands Contract for New F-35 JSF Helmet
So, if it is not ready for F-35 yet, then having it in other jets is highly less probable in near future.

Sir Jee

The one used on EF2K is also HMD a little less advanced to what was planned for F-35.
bae+Systems+2.jpg

And Please stop evaluating technology on basis "If American on't have it No one else can have them"... They are also normal Human beings like the ones present anywhere on the Planet.

I suppose a simple comparison would be how many such advance Helmets do Pakistani pilots have vs what India has ?

From what I understood we already have our F16 fleet covered and was sure we are working on ones for our JF17 thunder fighter

Thats a very vague statement. F35, EF and Rafale are fielding separate HMD's that have been developed by their own local industries. You can name the hardware whatever you want, its the capabilities in that hardware that separates them. So far you have not offered any concrete proof that the HMD that is operational on Rafale and EF is superior to that of JHMCS. Infact the capabilities that are boasted on the HMD of Rafale and EF closely resemble those of JHMCS. The only difference is that JHMCS has been operational for quite some time and has been tested much more extensively compared to her counterparts, so my money will always be on a platform that has gone through extensive testing.

]And Please stop evaluating technology on basis "If American on't have it No one else can have them"... They are also normal Human beings like the ones present anywhere on the Planet.

Sure they do. With a defence budget of $700 billion and having some of the finest human capital enables the US military machine to create weapons that are simply unmatched.

I suppose a simple comparison would be how many such advance Helmets do Pakistani pilots have vs what India has ?

From what I understood we already have our F16 fleet covered and was sure we are working on ones for our JF17 thunder fighter

Well by ~2019/20 (the Mig-21 Bison does already have a HMDS but will be out of service by then)ALL aircraft in IAF/IN service will have HMDS. The Mig-29UPG (ongoing), Mig-29K, Mirage 2000-9(UPG) and Rafale will all have the Samtal-Thales TOPSIGHT-I. The "Super" 30MKI UPG will include the same HMDS that will be used on the 5th gen PAK-FA/FGFA but the helmet has not been displayed yet. Additionally the LCA Mk.1/2 will have the HALBIT TARGO HMDS. Additionally the HAL ALH and newly inducted Mi-17V5 in IAF service will start getting the HALBIT QuadEye (not HMDS I know) by Q2 2013 and the ALH WSI and HAL LCH will have the TopOwl HMDS.

TopOwl:

3.1306289657.2_topowl-helmet.jpg

QuadEye:

quadeye.jpg

TopSight-I:
1-796350.jpg

People I have question about these gizmos how hard are they to design and build.

Thats a very vague statement. F35, EF and Rafale are fielding separate HMD's that have been developed by their own local industries. You can name the hardware whatever you want, its the capabilities in that hardware that separates them. So far you have not offered any concrete proof that the HMD that is operational on Rafale and EF is superior to that of JHMCS. Infact the capabilities that are boasted on the HMD of Rafale and EF closely resemble those of JHMCS. The only difference is that JHMCS has been operational for quite some time and has been tested much more extensively compared to her counterparts, so my money will always be on a platform that has gone through extensive testing.

I mentioned a few advantages only If you bother about reading them.
The Filed of view is 40degree in case of HMDS and 20degree in case of JHMCS.
The HMDS uses Optical tracking system while JHMCS uses electromagnetic
The HMDS uses a dual-visor configuration a clear blast/display visor for night and a glare/laser eye protective visor that swivels down for day operations.
Efforts to combine JHMCS symbology and night vision are under way.. but it has been experience weight problems which increases the g-level significantly.
HMDS has a more balanced arrangement which is redesigned to align center of gravity as such that it reduces the g-level.
And there are many more... things which are there on HMDS better than JHMCS or unique to itself.

Sure they do. With a defence budget of $700 billion and having some of the finest human capital enables the US military machine to create weapons that are simply unmatched.

Like what ?
Every Military force follows its own doctrine... depending on its resources and area of operation.
Its a different thing that the you think that US spends more budget and has the finest engineers so it definitely fields the best ... since your vision is confined to what US has constantly showed you in Hollywood movies.

I have a question regarding the HMCS:

HMCS vastly increases situational awareness but to deploy missiles at extreme angles from the boresight is another thing.

The missile e.g. AIM-9L/P has its limits as well.

So if a pilot tracks a bogie off-boresight with his HMCS, he still can't deploy a missile against it unless the missile itself has the MANEUVERABILITY to successfully hit the target at such extreme angles.
--------------

Am I right or wrong? Please answer.

Back
Top Bottom