What's new

PAF to get hi-tech Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System

For the JF 17 thunder I think the best option now is just simply

a) Upgrade the Radar
b) Hard points
c) Engine upgrade

The targeting system , integrated with the helmets would be something that has to wait for maturity of technology
A pilot can operate a plane with out the cueing system

Please stop playing games!! War is serious business! Before you get the Su-30 or SU 35s in your JHMCS, you would have been roasted with their BVR weapons like the K-100/R-100 and Novator's R-172S-1 AAM-L available with a booster pack to extend its considerable range performance to 400 km.

Cheers!
Those BVR missiles are not combat aircraft these missiles are specially build for countering AWACS, refuelers and other special mission aircrafts not for combat aircraft, do some research than post you cowardly Indians:hitwall::crazy::blah:ll

For the JF 17 thunder I think the best option now is just simply

a) Upgrade the Radar
b) Hard points
c) Engine upgrade

The targeting system , integrated with the helmets would be something that has to wait for maturity of technology
A pilot can operate a plane with out the cueing system

Upgrade the radar to what? KLJ7 more than meets the requirement. Why more hard points? What engine should they upgrade it with?

Upgrade the radar to what? KLJ7 more than meets the requirement. Why more hard points? What engine should they upgrade it with?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum----. Retirement time is going to be well spent over here---if you are retd.:cheers:

Not yet, at least publicly.
I believe it will of South African origin. Your Chief of Army staff was here a few weeks back. Rumour has it that it was to finalise that and a few other systems.

I believe it will of South African origin. Your Chief of Army staff was here a few weeks back. Rumour has it that it was to finalise that and a few other systems.
Any link to system what it look like to be ?

Army chief making deals for HMDs for the airforce lol...

See something wrong here?

Maybe they will chose the SA HMD... But definitely the army chief didn't sign any deal in the behalf of the airforce.

South Africa has no HMDS to offer. What is your source? They themselves use a BAE Systems product, based on Striker 1, which had some technology input from a South African concern, long gone and absorbed by European big 3 Defence company. Further, BAE Systems moved on to upgrade the tracking technology to something that is totally different from what the South Africans had produced.

no idea. this is from a friend who is working within Armscor group.
Armscor has a helmet to Sell? No public information on it, no airforce using it. Maybe it is a development dream, which PAF is less likely to signup with.

Army chief making deals for HMDs for the airforce lol...

See something wrong here?

Maybe they will chose the SA HMD... But definitely the army chief didn't sign any deal in the behalf of the airforce.
Apropos to this observation, even the Air Chief doesn't sign any deals on the behalf of his airforce, he has appropriate people to take care of the contracting process.

South Africa has no HMDS to offer. What is your source? They themselves use a BAE Systems product, based on Striker 1, which had some technology input from a South African concern, long gone and absorbed by European big 3 Defence company. Further, BAE Systems moved on to upgrade the tracking technology to something that is totally different from what the South Africans had produced.

Armscor has a helmet to Sell? No public information on it, no airforce using it. Maybe it is a development dream, which PAF is less likely to signup with.

Apropos to this observation, even the Air Chief doesn't sign any deals on the behalf of his airforce, he has appropriate people to take care of the contracting process.
As i said, this is what i heard. Lets see.

Back
Top Bottom