What's new

PAF to conduct Flypasts over Islamabad

No they dont, this was a private even and there is only one T-33 operational in Canada (civil) that's about it. astronauts just remain astronauts and mostly take on educational roles.
I went to airshows where they flew them twice, one by an astronaut select and one by a former astronaut. They do this in their spare time and it is mostly by volunteering. NRC guys do the same too for Vintage Wings of Canada.

Not necessarily though. The presence or lack of dust in the wake could be due to a number of reasons, e.g. lower thrust, lower speed, conditions on the ground, the aircraft not pulling up as drastically, etc. Note that in the F-18 video that you provided there isn't any dust until the pilot yanks back at the stick and the engine exhaust hits the ground directly. That's one of Blue Angels' moves, they do it to deliberately kick up water when they are performing off the beach.

Same thing with this F-18 @ 1:56,

These guys didn't kick up much.

These guys were virtually kissing the ground.

Last edited:
I went to airshows where they flew them twice, one by an astronaut select and one by a former astronaut. They do this in their spare time and it is mostly by volunteering. NRC guys do the same too for Vintage Wings of Canada.
That is indeed true, but the GC and CAF for some reason do not take them back on operational fighter and or other squadrons. The reason could be because there is a huge clog in the pipe line and so little air craft and yet RCAF wants 250-270 more pilot to fly their combat air craft.

The last time some one was selected to be trained for Fast jets was like 5 years ago and only in early 2019 did 4-5 fighter pilots graduate on the CF-188. Flying fighter for RCAF is a dumpster fire.

upon enlistment for aircrew they bring you in front of a panel and ask you to give them 3 types, almost every one say fighters as their first, transport type second and SAR type and nobody wants to fly that ugly q400.

Most of these astronauts retire after they land on earth and/or take on educational roles within or outside CAF.

That is indeed true, but the GC and CAF for some reason do not take them back on operational fighter and or other squadrons. The reason could be because there is a huge clog in the pipe line and so little air craft and yet RCAF wants 250-270 more pilot to fly their combat air craft.

The last time some one was selected to be trained for Fast jets was like 5 years ago and only in early 2019 did 4-5 fighter pilots graduate on the CF-188. Flying fighter for RCAF is a dumpster fire.

upon enlistment for aircrew they bring you in front of a panel and ask you to give them 3 types, almost every one say fighters as their first, transport type second and SAR type and nobody wants to fly that ugly q400.

Most of these astronauts retire after they land on earth and/or take on educational roles within or outside CAF.
3 years ago actually. One of my former university project members got in and just finished the CF-18 course at 410.

Upon taking them back in, once again depends if they have retired or not. I know 1 who would get himself requaled on Hornets but that was about it.

Oh yeah, flying fighters for RCAF is meh. Great experience, decent pay terrible career projection. Some lucky ones went on exchange to fly fighters abroad on exchange programs. But their recruitment process is a major issue.

Last edited:
87196574_2740900959311200_5923881905555505152_o.jpg

As per rumors. The F16 aerobatics that was planned has been cancelled they will still do a flypast

As per rumors. The F16 aerobatics that was planned has been cancelled they will still do a flypast
There was no plan for F-16 to perform over Islamabad except to participate in a mix trio flypast followed by a bomb burst by a JF-17 formation, The F-16 aerobatics are part of the Karachi airshow where this Viper was practicing today.

88002230_3088131914552066_4038167129743163392_o.jpg

There was no plan for F-16 to perform over Islamabad except to participate in a mix trio flypast followed by a bomb burst by a JF-17 formation, The F-16 aerobatics are part of the Karachi airshow where this Viper was practicing today.

88002230_3088131914552066_4038167129743163392_o.jpg
F-16's aerobatics were never a part of this flypast. Linear bomburst will be witnessed.

Oh alright, my bad what I heard was that one F16 from No 9 squadron was supposed to do aerobatics.

3 years ago actually. One of my former university project members got in and just finished the CF-18 course at 410.

Upon taking them back in, once again depends if they have retired or not. I know 1 who would get himself requaled on Hornets but that was about it.

Oh yeah, flying fighters for RCAF is meh. Great experience, decent pay terrible career projection. Some lucky ones went on exchange to fly fighters abroad on exchange programs. But their recruitment process is a major issue.
It is a dumpster fire and it basically all depends if they like you or not. They certainly did not like me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom