What's new

PAF to conduct Flypasts over Islamabad

@Hodor @Windjammer
While no such finances exist - it would be a good idea if we had a heritage flight of at least a F-86 and F-6.

The F-6 is easy but there is a flyworthy F-86F available in the US right now for $250000.

There are some airframes of F-86 laying here and there in Malir. They are in a bad shape. However, I think they can be restored after a depot level maintenance. Good idea though.

ERhrjZ0XUAAgen8.jpg

There are some airframes of F-86 laying here and there in Malir. They are in a bad shape. However, I think they can be restored after a depot level maintenance. Good idea though.
What about the pilots?

What about the pilots?

There has to be someone who can still fly it or atleast teach it.

The course of Air Cmdr Tariq Mahmood Ashraf (Ex Base Cmdr Kamra) was the last one to fly the F-86. They are still in good shape and they might be around for this.

There has to be someone who can still fly it or atleast teach it.

The course of Air Cmdr Tariq Mahmood Ashraf (Ex Base Cmdr Kamra) was the last one to fly the F-86. They are still in good shape and they might be around for this.
They will need a refresher course I guess.

How high would it be? Something like 200 meters?

In some of PAF previous war stories, I read the notion of "flying at tree hights". Is this what you call "a tree height" or do they actually down to 20-30 meters high?

Depends on the situating but they can fly lower.

Magic Over Margala.

87942553_3103311633014636_7027634671802384384_o.jpg

F9 park is so big.. can you please tell me the exact spot from where we can watch them clearly.. i mean inside the f9 park... from which gate to enter and etc...

appreciate your effort in advance

They will need a refresher course I guess.
Aircraft type checkouts. And obviously a flight physical. Pilots around the world do that. Like at Canada, current and ex-astronauts fly T-33s and F-86s at airshows.

F9 park is so big.. can you please tell me the exact spot from where we can watch them clearly.. i mean inside the f9 park... from which gate to enter and etc...

appreciate your effort in advance
E-9.

Aircraft type checkouts. And obviously a flight physical. Pilots around the world do that. Like at Canada, current and ex-astronauts fly T-33s and F-86s at airshows.

No they dont, this was a private even and there is only one T-33 operational in Canada (civil) that's about it. astronauts just remain astronauts and mostly take on educational roles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom