What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

Don't troll he is the professional and he knows better than all of us to what is going on behind the scenes
Apologies Sir @Tps43
But i just don't get u haven't had the 5th gen fighter, stealth UAVs but ur going for Anti Sat stuff, why just can't we do one thing at time, the result of such things are previous attempts to build a 5th gen jet at home!!

Apologies Sir @Tps43
But i just don't get u haven't had the 5th gen fighter, stealth UAVs but ur going for Anti Sat stuff, why just can't we do one thing at time, the result of such things are previous attempts to build a 5th gen jet at home!!
Anti sat stuff is little easier to than stealth ucav and 5th gen jet because we have ballistic missiles as delivery system and this project will have been going on with help of China most probably

Told everyone here we will upgrade crotales years ago & we did , still the FU's upgrade is in progress. Not exactly low tier rather in a Mid tier. They are being replaced with better one's at important VP's. 70% of them are placed in Western & Southern Sectors where we had less than 20% of coverage.
Does crotale upgrade mean the FM-90s, or strictly upgrading the original French ones?!

Apologies Sir @Tps43
Because most of the core technologies for making missile are available. Same is not the case for 5th Gen aircraft.

Yes According to Janes,We got 295 FN-16 manpads in 25 million USD.

So we don't have any credible SHORAAD.
I wonder if SL-FAAZ can become our reliable Short Range defence system for providing cover to HQ 9P?

@farooqbhai007
Different services. PA probably has some credible shorads in service. Faaz-SL is probably PAF thing.

Does crotale upgrade mean the FM-90s, or strictly upgrading the original French ones?!
Army has FM-90's , PAF got Crotales (our own + ex Libyans) and they are being upgraded.

Don't troll he is the professional and he knows better than all of us to what is going on behind the scenes
Thanks & Paf's main goal is to gain tech superiority over IAF lets see if it materialises

Apologies Sir @Tps43
Everything u mentioned is in different domain, future warfare will have many more dimensions Space combat, Cyber Combat for Pakistan is PAF's responsibility. (Not cyberbullying lol)

Army has FM-90's , PAF got Crotales (our own + ex Libyans) and they are being upgraded.
Are they being upgraded with Chinese help?? Was the decision to acquire FM-90s made strictly based on operational requirements, or also for equipment commonality with the Air force?? Which system is better, FM-90s or legacy crotales ??

Are they being upgraded with Chinese help?? Was the decision to acquire FM-90s made strictly based on operational requirements, or also for equipment commonality with the Air force?? Which system is better, FM-90s or legacy crotales ??
No, with the Thales help.
FM-90 was not recommended by PAF but army was adamant to get them and even told PAF to take off some crotales of VA's.
I'm personally a fan of crotale so I'm biased lol

People who have operated it in multiple firing exercises over the years say bit better than that, but I this +-5% of difference

They are our shorads wether u like them or not.
They were a big purchase back in the day tho I'm a fan of mistrals.
They'll come handy in UAV warfare as per ops plans lets see
Pakistan should take a look at Gepards - this system made it possible for Ukrainian forces to counter Shahed-136 kamikazi drones in less defended spaces.

Back
Top Bottom