What's new

PAF revamped Air Defense Alert System

If this renovation of air defence system is China made then it is not good enough.

What about UAV and flying bombs in the battle field.
Can you provide any actual relevant technical data why China's systems aren't good enough?

Any sources or information you have?

Because to my knowledge China has been progressing rapidly throughout the past few decades especially in their military industry

Economic gap yes but military gap is at its lowest and it's no where close to be corrected by India
Especially now that the Turkish and Pak military industrial complexes are aligning the Pak military capabilities will be more asymmetric, lethal and effective against the Indian doctrines, planning and execution since they won't get much time and room to maneuver against the lightningly fast attacks.....

Hello,

Unfortunately, there are no real details on them other than range. 100km for both. The PAF has ample stocks of Aspide though, but i think FAAZ-2 is just a bigger beefier airframe packed with more propellant based off of whatever is found in the SD-10, but tbh unsure
Aha

The penny drops. I nearly missed it.

Grandpa AIM-7 through Aspide AAM to Aspide 2000 SAM + plenty of invasive surgery = FAAZ 2.

Saved me from a certain facepalm.

Thank you really.

P

PAF got the HQ-9's deployed & operational. My favourite bravo site has got them, crotales are now at Point AD duties around relatively less venerable locations/AFB's.
Good thing is we have now a robust AD network since our independence. From 2 HLRS in 65 to 26 TPS77 MRR's, hundreds of sensors as well as Shorads, SAM's....

PAF got the HQ-9's deployed & operational. My favourite bravo site has got them, crotales are now at Point AD duties around relatively less venerable locations/AFB's.
Good thing is we have now a robust AD network since our independence. From 2 HLRS in 65 to 26 TPS77 MRR's, hundreds of sensors as well as Shorads, SAM's....
HQ-9BE?

Bohat dino ke baad forum per aye ho ... Welcome bhi welcome

Welcome back. Crotale Missile upgrade when?. Crotale radar upgrade has been done.
Also why did they move crotale to Low tier protection sites. Did something replace them at high tier sites.

Last edited:
More of HQ-9B's export variant which is almost eq to the BE's

Bohat dino ke baad forum per aye ho ... Welcome bhi welcome
Thank you very much, yes been a long time.
Every social media platform is full of cringe apart from X, our sab bhai logon ko miss kar raha tha. I hope u are doing fine.

Last edited:
Welcome back. Crotale Missile upgrade when?. Crotale radar upgrade has been done.
Also why did they move crotale to Low tier protection sites. Did something replace them at high tier sites.
Told everyone here we will upgrade crotales years ago & we did , still the FU's upgrade is in progress. Not exactly low tier rather in a Mid tier. They are being replaced with better one's at important VP's. 70% of them are placed in Western & Southern Sectors where we had less than 20% of coverage.

Told everyone here we will upgrade crotales years ago & we did , still the FU's upgrade is in progress. Not exactly low tier rather in a Mid tier. They are being replaced with better one's at important VP's. 70% of them are placed in Western & Southern Sectors where we had less than 20% of coverage.
Better ones as in Crotale 4000s (with upgraded search radars) or something else.

Almost identical to the what Thales purposed in their detail report around 2013/14 except a few changes vis a vis Radar.
Iss se ziyadah mere par jalte hain :crazy_pilot:
Would it be possible to talk about the indigenous AESA radars?

Will they also be followed by medium and shortrange air defense systems to cover our air bases. Like the three new ones showed by Turkey this year.

1695105083200.png

1695105109269.png

The least I can say is that it's on stage 2 R&D. On paper it looks highly versatile but that might be or not be the case in stage 3.
Paf is very serious about that but it'll take at least 4/5 years
I think you should clarify that is case for the ones AESA Ground based radars PAF is developing itself under the whole NASTP initiative.
Not of ones made by SPD which is in trials I think.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom