What's new

Opinion Poll | Tribal areas should be made into a new province.

Should, Federally Administered Tribal Areas, be made a full fledged province??

• Total voters
Hello, respected ladies and gents.

I just wanted to know opinions about this topic.

Should Pakistan allow the tribal agencies like FATA, WANA and others to become a full fledged province to have better civil services, law and order and to avoid it becoming yet again the bastion of Fasadi Kharijis?

The benefits are obvious - however i would love to hear from our members at PDF, especially the Pashtun members on PDF. What pros and cons would be taken into account, why and why not?

Please participate in an open and civil debate.

@ghilzai @Hyperion @farhan_9909 @TaimiKhan @RescueRanger @Pak-one @Spring Onion. (Please tag other Pashtun members too)

Best | Aeronaut
Dear Sir,

I hold a slightly different point of view. I feel the way Pakistan was spilt into 4 provinces, broadly speaking was very myopic.

Our legal system is still based on Anglo Saxen law, so why not split up these provinces further into counties, like in the UK?

Less developed counties in the UK, have different taxation regimes, and incentives for businesses. I see no harm in following something like this, where under developed counties could get more attention.

One possible benefit could be, that it would also force our political parties and bureaucracy to deliver more.

I would appreciate if honorable members could further expand on this.

Best Wishes!

though i support the idea - but main question is how are you going to operate in the area - you can have DCO / DC in the area to co-ordinate things but how are you going to operate LEA along with tribal lashkars??
they are not used to of paying taxes so how are you going to operate the IRS??
i wonder if they are going to bother taking permission / noc from local DCO prior setting up the thaila....
then comes the courts & Jirgas - as you yourself have said both can't work parallel to each other....
Almost no one in Pakistan pays any taxes so the new province will fit right in with the rest of the country.

Back
Top Bottom