What's new

A discussion of the current political situation of Pakistan ....Which party do you support and why?

Which party do you support and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is not an excuse...almost everyone is living on a basic salary...do you mean to say every one is involved in gunda gardi? No the few involved do crimes leading to others to end up doing crimes...None is justified!

Its not justified but all of us humans are not the same. Some cannot live or want to live on a basic salary. Specially when prices of food is so high that you end up spending half of your spending on food, there is school fees for the children, gas bills, electricity bills, travel costs and the list goes on. Its very easy for people like us to say oh why not poor Pakistanis live on basic salary.

So your choice is based on party background? What about other issues from ground realities to happenings to doings of a party?

I agree it is important that the person serving the nation (yes that is how I see politicians as servants of the nation any thinking otherwise are just collectively known as blood sucking leeches) has a down to earth background on people-people level (meaning living and behaving like everyday citizens than siting in castles) ....

But do other things not matter? Just a question to further discussion...you can very well ignore it ;)

Thank you for your time and comment

Thank you for your response...

Just a personal observance ...Most of you support PTI because of IK....not exactly because of the party's doing...Is IK 100% driving the show ...How easily is he influenced? A man good at heart he is ...but is that what Pakistan needs? Or do we need 1 with an Iron will?

Because even today Peshawar is unsatisfied (news reports somewhere on this very forum stated so)...Sometimes I wonder if this qaum will ever be satisfied...

I can't ignore a question of a very sensible member of this forum.:D

Lets see, the fact that MQM MPAs and MNAs have to attend what we in UK would call local "surgeries" to listen to the concerns of its constituents. On top of this, if you feel that your concern has not been properly addressed by your local MPA or MNA, you are free to complain about him or her, since MQM members can't buy tickets, they are totally subservient to their constituents, through the party.

Another reason why I have a soft corner for MQM is because of its view on minorities and religious sectarianism and intolerance. As someone who is from Karachi, I know very well what MQM achieved in terms of social cohesion by successfully healing the Sunni/Shia divide in Karachi (I know these tensions have risen again, but no one can deny the crucial work MQM did in bringing the two communities together).

MQM's policy of abolishment of dual education system, brining madrassahs and all religious seminaries under some sort of regulation, making education compulsory for children etc.

Also creating a city/local government.

These are just a few of the many reasons that I want to see MQM in power. Your welcome.

I support PTI because they are less Corrupt and more Competent than PMLN.

My Problem with PMLN has to do with the following facts :

1. PMLN is a Party of Thugs. This is the same MAFIA Party which had their THUGS attack the Supreme Court. If anyone has doubts about what I just said watch the Videos of Gullu Butt destroying Public Property and robbing little KHOHKA Store for Cold Drinks. That was PLMN " Party of Ghundas " at their best.

2. They come into Power by buying votes at the expense of looted money from Taxpayers. Examples: Distributing Laptops and offering loans which they know will never be repaid.

3. They make money by making Projects whose Contracts are awarded to Foreign companies who pay them Kickbacks overseas. The result is that they approve contracts at 3 times the price. They keep a third and give the rest to the Foreign companies who are glad to pay them kickbacks at those prices.

4. They make Political appointments at all ministries putting incompetent Politicians in charge.

5. PMLN leaders are incompetent themselves and incapable of running the Country.

6. PMLN are inherently Corrupt and Promote Corruption.

7. Nawaz Sharif is running a FAMILY FIEFDOM and has appointed Family members in key positions.

Last edited:
Lets see, the fact that MQM MPAs and MNAs have to attend what we in UK would call local "surgeries" to listen to the concerns of its constituents. On top of this, if you feel that your concern has not been properly addressed by your local MPA or MNA, you are free to complain about him or her, since MQM members can't buy tickets, they are totally subservient to their constituents, through the party.
Ok this is interesting...so in which party do the members buy? :unsure:

And if they have to go through the party, does this involved odd jobs "off the books" for some members in the form of ***-kissing? Coz seriously its Paksitan rishwat har jaga chalti hai!

As for complaining...how many are left alive after the complaint? No these are honest questions esp with the image the party holds!

Another reason why I have a soft corner for MQM is because of its view on minorities and religious sectarianism and intolerance. As someone who is from Karachi, I know very well what MQM achieved in terms of social cohesion by successfully healing the Sunni/Shia divide in Karachi (I know these tensions have risen again, but no one can deny the crucial work MQM did in bringing the two communities together).
The minority view was already addressed and I appreciate that coz no denying there....but sectarian violence has been on the rise for almost a decade now...What did MQM people do? Maybe the older members were good and managed something but the new members are only appearing to be with guns...

MQM's policy of abolishment of dual education system, brining madrassahs and all religious seminaries under some sort of regulation, making education compulsory for children etc.
Also creating a city/local government.
These are just a few of the many reasons that I want to see MQM in power. Your welcome.
Well that can be considered good but isnt Sindh sleeping govt in charge of monitoring and regulating..Which didnt happen....

. Some cannot live or want to live on a basic salary.
That is the problem all this show shaaa...Where elite flaunt their crap and everyone wants to look and live like that :blink:

Its very easy for people like us to say oh why not poor Pakistanis live on basic salary.
Mind you I am from not a "rich" background....So I do know "poor Pakistanis living standards" ...the problem is the never satisfied (na shukri) and also the hassad envious nature of comparing with neighbours!

They make money by making Projects whose Contracts are awarded to Foreign companies who pay them Kickbacks overseas. The result is that they approve contracts at 3 times the price. They keep a third and give the rest to the Foreign companies who are glad to pay them kickbacks at those prices.
Thank you for your time uncle :)
Sadly this everyone knows but no one is able to prove!

They make Political appointments at all ministries putting incompetent Politicians in charge.
This again no one has mouthed out! Half or even 3/4 of our politicians are illiterate or with fake degrees!

6. PMLN are inherently Corrupt and Promote Corruption.
7. Nawaz Sharif is running a FAMILY FIEFDOM and has appointed Family members in key positions.
Again no one voiced out yet everyone gave their votes knowingly!

@waz I was expecting a bit of a discussion as to why too :D

Oh my apologies bro. The long 19 hour fast gave ma headache at the time therefore three letters were an easy option. :-)

A few things really:
-They are a fresh face.
-They break from dynastic/feudal politics.
- Their policies are spot on.
-Backed by educated and more importantly young folk.

ALLAH en tamam beygherat or wajibul qatal parties say es qom ko bachae ameen.... death to politics and political parties their workers and democrazy :angry:

I supported PMLN for this tenure. Looking at the tantrums of IK I think I'll be supporting PMLN in next tenure too.

I supported PMLN for this tenure. Looking at the tantrums of IK I think I'll be supporting PMLN in next tenure too.

You haven't seen anything yet!
Only a matter of days before PMLN will have to face the music..on full volume

TCan army just revive the system without ruling it? Honest question...

Yes it can. army will kick out this moron nawaz sharif and will make a technocratic government even COAS would not become president himself.

you forgot 1 MQM Bhata khor.

Yesterday I was threatened very politely for ramzan bhatta by sunni tehreek. I spent my whole life in karachi but never faced such thing from mqm side.

Last edited:
Oh my apologies bro. The long 19 hour fast gave ma headache at the time therefore three letters were an easy option. :-)

A few things really:
-They are a fresh face.
-They break from dynastic/feudal politics.
- Their policies are spot on.
-Backed by educated and more importantly young folk.
Hehehe...no problem...Thank you for your time!
I feel ya with 18.5 hrs of fasting I sleep of the last 2 hrs as I usually get headaches ...fasting alone should be a sin :(

ALLAH en tamam beygherat or wajibul qatal parties say es qom ko bachae ameen.... death to politics and political parties their workers and democrazy :angry:
Ameen....but doa half way kiyun ki?

Ya ALLAH Please bless thy will on this country and make it the pious nation it has been named (Pakistan)

Thank you for your reply but tantrums is not the word to describe what is happening!

So raising awareness is called tantrums? Pry do describe if you want a leader who keeps quiet or one who has balls to question?

I am not sure why people are afraid to ask questions...no one can be 100% correct....the wrong are those who accept without questioning...In MY OPINION to question is to know one is alive...Jago Pakistan aik slogan hai and slogan hi rahgiyea! :(

Back
Top Bottom