What's new

SPLITTING INDIA

Even if Pakistan wasn't created, we would today see Civil war and communal riots in India between Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs at a much larger scale then the partition. India is only united because of good economy and a Indian identity, scratch the surface and you will see religious hatred brewing in India.

Pakistan on the other hand has totally failed to create a Pakistani identity. But its still not too late.

so the entire desire for destabilizing India is out of evny, its unfortunate. Pakistan should be more mature and foster trade ties.

LOL did you copy paste the whole book o_O
It’s quite obvious,he did. I am still not convinced,that I as Muslim would have enjoyed living with a Brahmin who treats his own religionist (shuder) with contempt and hate.

I read almost half and it is a very good research. Well written and good arguments presented. We need to know that there were many muslims that opposed partition.
I personally wanted partition from hindus but not the way we did. As the article says, we left half the muslims to mercy of hindus and divided the already smaller muslim population.
I think Congress and muslim league should have demanded a united india with more autonomy to each state and province. Once the brits left, if living with hindus was not feasible, the muslims with help of muslims of Afghanistan would have carved out a huge new muslim state, much bigger and powerful than current Pakistan. Maybe a smaller south and central indian state would have been given to hindus while the rest a muslim state, spanning from assam bangal to balochistan till border of Turkmenistan. This might have also created chance of including the huge region of east turkistan (xinjiang) in the new large muslim state. Would have been a bigger state than china and a possible future muslim superpower.

c8a.gif

India has inherent cracks both vertically and horizontally. People with opposing views, social values, and geographic and strategic interests have so far been bound together by military force. Look at Hindu religion versus Sikhism, Christianity and Islam. They have totally opposing beliefs. And then look at Hindus themselves. You find a very strong caste system that is intrinsic and cannot be overcome unless you quit Hinduism. Those cracks cannot be filled or cemented with economic development. India is bound to break into pieces and it’s just a matter of time. Modi has made the disintegration process faster. Modi or not Modi, filthy Hindu sadhus are now a part and parcel of power corridors in India. They will force the state of India to adopt anti-minority policies. They in fact already started that process but Covid-19 has put a brake on that process. But they will ultimately get on the same track as the pandemic subsides.

I read almost half and it is a very good research. Well written and good arguments presented. We need to know that there were many muslims that opposed partition.
I personally wanted partition from hindus but not the way we did. As the article says, we left half the muslims to mercy of hindus and divided the already smaller muslim population.
I think Congress and muslim league should have demanded a united india with more autonomy to each state and province. Once the brits left, if living with hindus was not feasible, the muslims with help of muslims of Afghanistan would have carved out a huge new muslim state, much bigger and powerful than current Pakistan. Maybe a smaller south and central indian state would have been given to hindus while the rest a muslim state, spanning from assam bangal to balochistan till border of Turkmenistan. This might have also created chance of including the huge region of east turkistan (xinjiang) in the new large muslim state. Would have been a bigger state than china and a possible future muslim superpower.
Excellent point! Most people didn't/don't think along those lines... not then, nor today.
Pre-partition Punjab was already over three quarters Muslims likewise Bangal, with the exception of Agra and Oudh.

What most take for granted today... Northern India could easily have had a totally different dispensation. But, that would have required an actual and more tougher struggle/approach. South Asia below Muslim north would have remained as balkanized as before with a mix of Muslim and Hindu principalities.

So, indeed what partition gave Pakistan, a massive Muslim population, it did the same for northern India... a new reality that ceased to exist many generations ago.

Back
Top Bottom