What's new

Opinion: PMLN loosing popularity. Only 25% support PMLN now vs 48% PTI

The govt is taking very unpopular decisions so it is natural. Though, I don't think that elections would be held any time soon and the PDM side may give economic benefits near the elections that would sway some support to their side. The end result would have to be a parliament that has to work together and hopefully bring in some institutional reforms. I know this would be unpopular as well but that's what needs to be done. We cannot have individualised solutions.

This 25% support of PMLN includes the Thappa mafia, the state machinery use and rigging, the police usage and all kind of manipulations, the bureaucracy help, use and abuse everything included.

If there is saaf and shaffaf elections, PMLN wouldn't muster the support of even 10-12% of the electorates. So this 25% looks skewed, but maybe PMLN can go for the elections with this popularity.

There are reports that bureaucrats, the agri dept. police and interim setup have all predicted rather promised to PMLN that the Rajanpur(Jampur) elections are all theirs and it would be an easy win for PMLN.

So this make believe high hopes and higher popularity might take PMLN for the elections.

The govt is taking very unpopular decisions so it is natural. Though, I don't think that elections would be held any time soon and the PDM side may give economic benefits near the elections that would sway some support to their side. The end result would have to be a parliament that has to work together and hopefully bring in some institutional reforms. I know this would be unpopular as well but that's what needs to be done. We cannot have individualised solutions.
whats the point of democracy then just give country to nawaz and next turn zardari when suit khao pio aesh karo

Voter numbers in favour of PMLN were quite disturbing.

Suffice to say we’ll have to see PMLN support in next by elections again when inflation numbers are 100%+.

whats the point of democracy then just give country to nawaz and next turn zardari when suit khao pio aesh karo
Brother, what in my post is against democracy? Whatever parliament comes it has to work democratically to ensure our survival. Instead of hunting political opponents down, we need to ensure our institutions are robust and transparent enough that they catch culprits and prosecute them without making it a drama. Secondly, that our economy becomes productive. This isn't possible unless good laws are passed and enforced. We suffer from a bad system, a good system auto corrects. Our focus on scapegoats has gotten us no where. That was the point.

Brother, what in my post is against democracy? Whatever parliament comes it has to work democratically to ensure our survival. Instead of hunting political opponents down, we need to ensure our institutions are robust and transparent enough that they catch culprits and prosecute them without making it a drama. Secondly, that our economy becomes productive. This isn't possible unless good laws are passed and enforced. We suffer from a bad system, a good system auto corrects. Our focus on scapegoats has gotten us no where. That was the point.
Well economy isn't doing good because everyone knows how ishaq dar and nawaz Sharif is..

General elections, you'd be surprised.

PDM has a lot more support in Punjab and a few factors relating to poor election arrangements by PTI and PTI voter turnout.

I am still convinced Pakistanis are a foolish bunch and no way PTI will get a simple majority.

Whoever next wins power, needs to have a clear majority in the center and most/all provinces. Stability is needed.

BTW, the fall of the Noon League is not surprising. Once the mighty PPP also fell to its knees in Punjab and hasn't yet recovered.
I just wish PPP topples in Sindh to less feudal forces!!

So far everything done by pti is by pakistani constitution. Nothing is against its just that PDM is trying to escape and if for any xyz reason election not going to happen on time as define in constitution of pakistan than this democracy drama is useless for whole pakistan because same tactics would be use over and over again for every new govt to delay election which will only hurt pakistan

90% are with PTI the fake polls are mentioned to discredit reality.

PDM don't even have 9% following.

Last edited:
PTI would need 2/3 majority to do any meaningful changes with respect to judiciary and devolution of power especially to settle Karachi issues

It would need simple majority to do anything at all

Best case scenario is PTI won half seats in Punjab.
Still not enough as it will loose seats in Karachi to TLP or JI

KP is sure thing for now but my guess TLP JI PDM together will give a tough time to PTI..Who knows things might change with more chatrool coming ahead

@Olympus81 makes a valid point. In 2013, PTI was very popular. More popular than 39 seats they got. But at that time, Imran Khan decided to hold party elections in an election year! This took so much energy and so much time without much left for campaign and seat allocation. You can expect PTI to make a fool of itself again.

I also dont agree with this stupid jail bharo tehreek. These are successful against rulers who are honest, conscientious and believe in rule of law. This is why these campaigns were successful against British. They were colonizers but still were a law abiding rulers. In Pakistan, we are ruled by criminals in politics and establishment. They will have no qualms in torturing the volunteer prisoners.

If PTI is not able to control establishment, it will not last more than 2 years in power be it simple, 2/3rd or 3/4th majority. For this, it will have to come up with a quick plan and implement it earnestly.

b85ba0dc1a2e6e7046f7078c07e37864.jpg

PTI is supported by 90-95% Pakistani. May be 99% Oversea Pakistani Support PTI

PDM (PPP and PML) mysteriously gets 10,00-30,000 vote add-on even if there was no person voting on their booth.

Even in order to Cheat in elections there is a limit of Cheating.

They want to maintain this "Story" that PTI is 45% supported and PDM is
close 29% so in future if Corruptions attempted it would look like a natural, twist in election.

People would suspect foul play if a Party with 95% following loses elections.

1677541734538.png

This "idea" which is being spread in media that PDM has 30-40% support is a false narrative.
Because no one in Pakistan supports PDM hardly 5-7%

The whole purpose of this narrative is to show , oh it is a very close content but in reality, it is a whitewash result in favor of PTI 95% vs 5%

Who opposes latest technology usage for vote verification ? PDM

Last edited:
General elections, you'd be surprised.

PDM has a lot more support in Punjab and a few factors relating to poor election arrangements by PTI and PTI voter turnout.

I am still convinced Pakistanis are a foolish bunch and no way PTI will get a simple majority.
That’s why they need to find new ways to do campaigning. Rallies work to a point, but messaging through different mediums are necessary. It also has to be local faces from PTI that have a plan they can offer the people.

PTI has to aim for economically saving the county, not just defeating the dead end dynasties.

People also need to realize the restructuring deal the PDM (PML-N and the supposedly leftist PPP) are set to make with the Rothchilds. A deal that will probably see hundreds of thousands laid off from public sector jobs. Public Pensions for all former and current government workers cut or terminated.

This is why PTI needs an economic plan, first and foremost, that allows the country to have the softest landing possible, and allows the nation to restructure its debts on more favorable and less draconian terms.

Macron, who works 2.5 years with that firm, instituted “reforms” to the sacred French pension systems, and this is in a country with strong unions. Imagine what could happen in Pakistan with weak unions. PTI needs to warn people of the betrayal by the PDM, especially by the PPP.

PTI can also lobby with the global left in the name of safeguarding democracy. If PTI is seen as IK the right side of the global economic old school left it may also pay dividends in convincing left leaning Pakistanis that PTI won’t be another right wing party, but will uphold human rights more in accordance as they would wish they would be.

PTI can not afford to rest on its laurels and needs to aim for more than a 2/3 majority so it can pass the historic reform. Perhaps the PTI can formulate a plan and reach out to alternative lending options.

Back
Top Bottom