What's new

Could Long-Range Iranian Missiles Be Next For Russia?

The dead Soviet(Russian origin) generals would be rolling in their grave if somebody told them that the once mighty red army cant even now capture Ukraine. To think that the ancestors of these soldiers had control of the most feared conventional army of the 20th century is quite astonishing.

Thing is Russia is not fighting Ukraine it is fighting NATO, now even the mighty soviet army had to withdraw defeated against ragtag enemy armed with sophisticated western weapon systems, same is happening again

Maybe Israel, but they’ve been ready to attack at the moment for like 30 years, What Arab country has the offensive capability to go into Iran, yeah I don’t hear the drum beats of war from Turkey but at least they actually do have an offensive capability but haven’t heard through the grapevine ever Turkey was ready to attack Iran, and America at this time run by Biden isn’t looking to start up a war, if trump comes back into office, maybe you never know he’s just as erratic as you are

Thankfully I'm not as dense as you are. Honestly, I lose brain cells everytime I skim reading your tripe comments. Id say your contributions are enjoyable, though I'd be lying of course.

If Israel was ready to attack Iran the past 30 years then what's stopping them? Pure and utter zionist garbage!

Arabs could collectively attack Iran with Western help right now. Have you not seen Saudi Arabia and UAE airforce? It's vastly superior to Iran's. Then youre forgetting the stream of western arms and assistance coming forthwith. In fact this would be dream scenario for the West to support an Arab proxy war against Iran, so that Muslims kill each other and they fund it. The conniving two faced turks would then show their hands and so will the equally untrustworthy Pakistanis.

Iran is ripe for the taking and are surrounded. Russia is busy losing in Ukraine so no help via Caspian. All Iran would have is China, which is a paper tiger of great magnitudes...for now. Trump shot himself in the foot every time he did something against Iran, even Pompeo and his military brass had to talk him out of attacking Iran directly. Biden has united the west so Iran needs to be careful before handing its weapons to Russia. What Biden says is not what Biden does, and he is not in control like you think. Their dismal attempts at reviving the nuclear deal and flagrant support for Liberal terrorists in Iran riots are clear indication that theyre happy to escalate things with Iran.

I know I wasted my time writing this to you, though.

So Russia is now buying arms from Iran? Lol . To think that during soviet era they were the ones influencing middle Eastern states and once even invaded and station troops in part of Iran. However what i find interesting is that it seems China has rejected any Russia plea of ammunitions/arms which i find ironic since I think Tussia believed the Chinese will support them unconditionally in this war. Forgetting that there is no reason China will openly support his blatant invasion of an independent sovereign country. It would have put China in an awkward position giving their long standing policy of respecting country's territorial intergrity. So the best thing Xi could go was find a middle ground. I.e no selling of any military systems/weapons to Russia and at the same time no open condemnation of Russias invasion. That way, they dont offend either side too much.
Iran by contrast has NOTHING TO LOSE. Since unlike China, they have little to no global trade or investment with the West, and are basically isolated. So what's there to lose ? Their authorities can basically do so with no real repercusions on their trade/economy, investments etc. Nothing to lose and at least a few things to gain.,

Sure, you will need long range missile to hit a country at the very most at 500 miles from any point within your border......So let's get something that can hit 5000km for it..........

Map.jpg

Dude, people need to think before they post......

The dead Soviet(Russian origin) generals would be rolling in their grave if somebody told them that the once mighty red army cant even now capture Ukraine. To think that the ancestors of these soldiers had control of the most feared conventional army of the 20th century is quite astonishing.
This war has shown Russia was possibly never a military power that the world believed them to be. In WW2 they were armed by the west when Germans were in retreat. Their military crumbled when Germans were invading.

It doesn't matter as the modern superpower warfare is not about fighting battles anyways. Its about turning other nations into your dogs and making them fight for you like its happening in Ukraine. America itself lost all major wars after WW2.

Sure, you will need long range missile to hit a country at the very most at 500 miles from any point within your border......So let's get something that can hit 5000km for it..........

View attachment 887741

do they need that range if they also fire the missile from Crimea

do they need that range if they also fire the missile from Crimea
Well, that's the "LONGEST" axis from one end to the other. If Russia uses Crimea or Belarus, then the longest distant would become less than 500km...

Either way, you don't need long range missile to hit that, I mean you could because there is no law against using 2000+ km missile to hit a target 500 or 800 km away, but that would just be a big LOL if Russia really did that.

View attachment 887741

That's already out of Iskander's operational range (500 km). Therefore it wouldn't be illogical for Russia to procure longer range MRBMs such as Zolfaghar (700 km) or Dezful (1000 km). I'm not saying the news are definitely true but it would certainly make sense.

That's already out of Iskander's operational range (500 km). Therefore it wouldn't be illogical for Russia to procure longer range MRBMs such as Zolfaghar (700 km) or Dezful (1000 km). I'm not saying the news are definitely true but it would certainly make sense.
There are NO POINT in Ukraine that are longer than 500km if you shoot it from the sea, from Crimea, and from Belarus, which is what Russia is doing at this moment.

Also, you won't go extreme range on that, because any miscalculation it will end up in NATO land. You will most likely have 10-20km padding just in case, making it shorter range.

There are NO POINT in Ukraine that are longer than 500km if you shoot it from the sea, from Crimea, and from Belarus, which is what Russia is doing at this moment.
Well, theoretically you are right but practically speaking, it makes sense for Russia to keep such important missile systems "comfortably" inside Russian territory while still being able to hit any desired target inside Ukraine. Let's say Russia decides to hit Lviv. They could do so by launching Iskander SRBMs from Belarusian territory but that would be a logistical hurdle (loading/resupplying etc.) and would take more time than simply firing Dezful MRBMs from inside Russian territory. Crimea would already be too far away to hit Lviv with Iskanders. On top of their longer range Iranian BMs are also cheaper than Russian Iskanders since they omit certain expensive features and were designed to be launched in large numbers.
So, using Iranian BMs for this task is cheaper and would allow Russia to hit any Ukrainian target from Russian soil.
Also, you won't go extreme range on that, because any miscalculation it will end up in NATO land. You will most likely have 10-20km padding just in case, making it shorter range.
That shouldn't be an issue even if accuracy on Iranian BMs was a problem (which I doubt it is) since the longer range capability would allow Russia to fire the missiles further away from the Ukrainian border which would, as a nice side-effect, also increase the RV's velocity and kinetic energy (more boom).

Its not the range, its the cost. A lot of rockets will be needed to destroy the bridges and the train station in Ukraine fully, using Kalibrs and Iskanders is a no go, thats why Moscow is looking to Teheran for help, IMO. Probably the cost of the Iranian rockets is lower and they will be more useful in this regard.

there is another question , is there anything worth hitting outside 500km range of the Iskander that actually worth hitting and cant be hit by several drone

So Russia is now buying arms from Iran? Lol . To think that during soviet era they were the ones influencing middle Eastern states and once even invaded and station troops in part of Iran. However what i find interesting is that it seems China has rejected any Russia plea of ammunitions/arms which i find ironic since I think Tussia believed the Chinese will support them unconditionally in this war. Forgetting that there is no reason China will openly support his blatant invasion of an independent sovereign country. It would have put China in an awkward position giving their long standing policy of respecting country's territorial intergrity. So the best thing Xi could go was find a middle ground. I.e no selling of any military systems/weapons to Russia and at the same time no open condemnation of Russias invasion. That way, they dont offend either side too much.
Iran by contrast has NOTHING TO LOSE. Since unlike China, they have little to no global trade or investment with the West, and are basically isolated. So what's there to lose ? Their authorities can basically do so with no real repercusions on their trade/economy, investments etc. Nothing to lose and at least a few things to gain.,
Seems like people forget this. Iran has nothing to lose, and much to gain. In contrast had Iran had deeper economic relations with atleast Europe, the gains from sending stuff to Russia for real-scenario testing or monetary gain wouldn't be anywhere as valuable as relations with Europe.

If Iran were not to send anything, it would still be under sanctions so here we are today. I think China who also has plans for conquering a sovereign state doesn't want to create risk with the west with arms transfers, but that doesn't mean they aren't expanding economic relations with them.

I just wonder what the long term consequences of these arms transfers would be. Russia could basically fund Iran's growth in its mil industry, but at what cost.....I wonder

This war has shown Russia was possibly never a military power that the world believed them to be. In WW2 they were armed by the west when Germans were in retreat. Their military crumbled when Germans were invading.

It doesn't matter as the modern superpower warfare is not about fighting battles anyways. Its about turning other nations into your dogs and making them fight for you like its happening in Ukraine. America itself lost all major wars after WW2.
America already won this war just by current circumstances. Had Russia succeeded in those early weeks, it would have been a "brilliant" victory and blow to the US, but here we are today. Ironically Iran gets the dividends from this, by getting opportunity to grow & learn in probably the largest war this century. (so far)

Back
Top Bottom